Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
NEW member..
MariStar posted:
Hi All,
My goal weight is 125lbs. which means i have about 75lbs to lose! I've been struggling with my weight all my life and really want to reach my goal this year. My mother is getting married and i want to to look amazing in the dress!, thought that trying a different approach might help.

I'm currently on a 1200-1400 calorie range and exercising as i am able (which is about 3 times a week, outside of being moderately active at work) in order to reach my weight lose goals.

I've tried alot of diets as well as workout programs, that haven't been successful...I've gotten Yo-Yo results.

I would greatly appreciate any feedback on ideas or helpful tips or suggestions of other techniques that i could try that have worked for others

jis4judy responded:
Hi Have you tried makeing permanent changes to your eating habits ? if you do this as a life style makeover that you keep that would avoid the yo yo thing. because diets are temporary and when you get off the diet you gain the weight back .. looking at your eating habits and makeing changes you can keep forever is the way to go ..What I don;t meen is you never get to eat something you like because you do just not as often when you start maintaining It really works I have been on what I call Judys Nutrition quest almost 10 years and it is still working for me ...
welcome aboard Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mefirstforever responded:
Welcome Mari Star,

New eating habits are the only way. I can vouch for that, I've been maintaing the last year more or less 5 pounds.

What a nice goal, when is your mother getting maried?

1200 to 1400 is great but you have to eat well balanced meals

3 meals and 3 snacks if possible

Protein, fruits and vegetable in every meal.

Of course you must have read how we push the water 64 once a day to wash out the toxins.

Broiling the meat, no frying. Steam the vegies or raw as much as possible.

Welcome again
Helene
Helene GW 140 CW 201 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind especially to yourself and smile.

jean4u responded:
Hi Mari, welcome here!

Barb

abnersmom responded:
Hi Mari and welcome aboard! Hopefully, you are reading some of other posts that tell you how most of us continue on our journeys. We all do it a little differently, but basically, we all try to avoid processed foods, eat learn proteins, fat free or low fat dairy, lots of veggies and fruits and whole grains.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

blondie454u responded:
Welcome aboard!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been working on myself for the last 2 years the first year I lost 24 pounds and the second year I made a cleanup in my life. Now it is time ...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.