Skip to content
Hi there... new here
saej72 posted:
Hi there, my name is Sara, and I am 40 years old.

At the beginning of this year I weighed in at 315, and as of yesterday I was down to 301. YIPPEE.. I've almost hit my first 15 pound goal.

I've been taking a couple classes through work.. One called the full plate diet which isnt' really a diet, it is really about eating more fiber rich foods. I also took a class called Diet free for Life which has been teaching us the right combinations of foods. I've also been walking 3x a week. I think I've finally gotten into the groove of things.

My ultimate goal is to weigh 200 pounds. I've also posted in teh 100+ community

abnersmom responded:
Welcome Sara! Sounds like you are on the winning track. Great job on the 14 lbs.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

blondie454u responded:
Welcome and great job Sara! Sounds like you're on the right track.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

mefirstforever responded:
Welcome Sara,

Tell us more about your Diet free for Life class. Please share!!!

Jupping Jack for the 15 pounds you will hit twoderland soon.

Please keep on posting on this blog, it is one of the most active one.
helene
Helene GW 140 CW 201 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind especially to yourself and smile.

jean4u responded:
Hi Sara, Good work on the 15 down, WTG!!!

Barb

totallywiggedout responded:
Wow, really great start!
I like the sounds of those classes. Any bit of information that you can gather on your journey that can help you learn not only what to eat but HOW to eat is going to give you a leg up on the ladder to success.
Smart move there!
I wish more towns would offer such classes. I think that there would be a whole lot less obesity.
I guess I just want to say, welcome.
Any input that you read here from this group will be nothing but heartfelt... we do try our best to be supportive.
If you have anything to add, of course, by all means... we appreciate input all the way. Because we aren't just bloggers here, we are a community of friends.
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 180.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

tnmist replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Full Plate Diet (now Full Plate Living) has awesome information - great ways to boost fiber, etc. into diet to feel fuller and eat healthier. http://fullplateliving.org/welcome-full-plate-living . There's a newsletter you can sign up for that offers great weekly tips that come as a weekly email.

I ran a class a year ago at my church. I've had to back up and deal with why I'm stuffing my face, but the information has not been lost on me. There's a lot of good advice there.

Hi, Sara, welcome to the board!

-Misty
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

totallywiggedout replied to tnmist's response:
Thanks Misty for that link , I'm going to check it out tonight.
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 180.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jean4u replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Yes, ALL, I don't think a healthy eating plan EVER means you got to go (feeling) hungry. In my "diet" days I would eat (practically starve myself) alot less to lose weight. I could not continue that and I would give up.

Now, I eat alot of food and most IS healthy and planned out.

I love that we have help and information sites like the Full Plate an LIVESTRONG, etc. All free!

I also love that we share on this board and SUPPORT each other to succeed, that IS the best!

Barb

Spotlight: Member Stories

I weigh 362 lbs, and I feel helpless and hopeless with this weight. The profile pic. is my skinny picture. Then I got sick and all the weight came bac...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.