Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
snowed in again
jis4judy posted:
Oh well it is new england so a foot or more of snow in March is normal
No walk yesterday and probably no walk and no shopping today
yesterday i did some weight lifting so today looks like the recumbent bike is my pal... or I could help hubby shovel ..
it has been snowing 2 1/2 days and the good thing is I dropped 1/2 a pound somewhere 152 this morning... so the new moves i did lifting weights must have done that ...
I hope you are all haveing better weather than me looks really pretty the snow when i look out the window...
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

kalimiller responded:
Ick! Our snow is finally FINALLY almost all melted. I would probably cry if it snowed another foot right now. I'm ready for warm weather!
-Kali

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
-Henry Ford

jis4judy replied to kalimiller's response:
Oh Kali our snow was nearly gone when this one started
I was so not expecting this one earier in the week i bought some seeds to plant a garden ..I was thinking spring

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout responded:
Oh Judy, I'm sorry for that extra dump of snow on you. At least you are making the most of the indoor activity.
It's getting really nice out here. We aren't completely out of the spring rainy season though, supposed to hit again around Sunday. But we are looking high 60s low 70s by early afternoon most days now, which is nice.
Today's walk yielded my first actual whiff of Spring. The sap must have warmed enough in the pines to give off a nice scent. Usually I smell the Earth warming first, so the ground first but it must still be too cold. It's funny, most of the early flowering bushes and trees down here don't have any smell. I'm so used to having my lilac tree up in Michigan, along with the peonies and flowering fruits that these "fake" pretties don't do much for me.
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 180.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

blondie454u responded:
We had a couple of inches of snow but it's gone now. We don't get snow by the feet here. Glad your safe and warm. I was telling my daughter last night how you don't let anything get in your way of exercising. She was trying to make the excuse it was too cold to walk. I am like HA! I told I run and walk in it. That you walk in the cold. I told her as long as she keeps making excuses for yourself then you will never do it.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

jis4judy replied to blondie454u's response:
It is true Amber sometimes weather can toss a wrench in the exercise but most time with just cold bundle up and go anyway
It is gonna be nice tomorrow . I did some new moves yesterday and my thighs are a tad sore so I might do yoga today anythings better than the bike LOl
HUgs Judy:)

jean4u responded:
Judy, at least that is a slimming snow.....1/2 lb. down is nice! Having 2 1/2 days in a row, WOW.

Well you just stay safe and warm. Pretty soon it will have to melt. Just do the best you can to get some exercise in your day.

Barb

jean4u replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Kim, good that you are getting your walks in and enjoying the hints of Spring.

Barb

jean4u replied to kalimiller's response:
Kali, I'm with you on I want warm weather to hurry.

Barb

jean4u replied to blondie454u's response:
Amber, funny about your daughter making that excuse about too cold. I was listening to radio in my car and a person said a quote about successful people will find a way and unsuccessful pople will always find an excuse.

Barb

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hi Kim I used to hate spring because I was allergic to all those wonderful smells, But since the asthma left me I am enjoying spring more and so looking forward to planting a garden
this year the best thing about March snow it usually doesn;t last long melts faster than February snow.
since I am somewhat sore I might take the day off of intentional exercise and just do housework instead..

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
I am so glad that I don't suffer allergies. I LIVE to smell the aromas of SPRING. (and chocolate, but that's beside the point, lol)
huggs
k

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

tnmist replied to totallywiggedout's response:
The snow pretty much missed my area this year, and I like to have a little snow to call it winter, but on the other hand I'm ready for spring, too.

Kim, where abouts are you these days? South of TN? I grew up in FL and never liked that state (except for beaches), and I just love experiencing the change of seasons here in TN.

-Misty
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

abnersmom responded:
Glad for you with the 1/2 lb., Judy. Also, persevering with the exercise despite the weather. Beautiful day yesterday and it promises to be a beautiful day here again today - nearly 70! Yay! Planning on a long walk today and housework. Need it because I didn't exercise yesterday and spent the afternoon with friends (much fun but overate!). Back to it today though.

Bradford pears, redbuds and cherry trees starting to bloom. Can't wait for the tulips to start - won't be long now. Love, love, love spring!!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

totallywiggedout replied to tnmist's response:
Misty, originally I'm from Michigan.... always wanted to GET OUT of Michigan it seemed, but now that I'm in the south, I miss the more "showy" springs, falls and winters of the North.
I'm in northern Louisiana which is ok, but personally, if I gotta be in the South, I'd rather be nearer the Gulf or the Oceans. I'm a water girl.
Gotta be where the jobs are for my Bf though and more toward the water, it's mainly geared toward tourist industries instead of mechanical industries, like his Hydraulics work.
huggs
k

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have always had a job that involved being at a computer..resulting in health related issues, the biggest one is my weight. I just retired (I think) ...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.