Skip to content
I know the answer but...........
jean4u posted:
Here's the thing, when the scale is not my friend and the past 2 days have been sodium over load, my "knee jerk" solution is to go back to "diet" mentality. You know, I'll just skip breakfast and get a REALLY good start on knocking these few pounds off.

If I did THAT, in a few hours and for sure at my dinner meal I would want to eat a horse.

But that IS how I feel.....I want those pounds off and fast!

OK, OK, I look at my weigh in journal and it shows, slow and steady losses, some gains but I dealt with them and what it takes to do that, too.

What to do, what to do? I already said I know the answer. Eat a healthy breakfast, NO skipping (bad idea).

BTW, I think that the thinking it's a good idea to skip meals is a part of the need to punish myself for overdoing a meal. I know that skipping meals (trying to starve the weight off) led me to yo-yo weightloss, only to gain it back.

It feels good to put this in writing.

I DID eat a healthy breakfast, fresh fruit, fat free cottage cheese, V-8 juice, 2 mugs tea with fat free milk.

Sometimes we know the answer, we just need to do it. We ALWAYS feel better when we do!

Barb

totallywiggedout responded:
There is no success without failure. Barb. You ARE succeeding. Even if you backslide for a bit, you are still in control because at some point, you stop.
You are right, though. The feeling that we need to do a bit of starvation repentance is very strong. And, very wrong.
Congrats on your overcoming that dilemma and eating a good healthy breakfast.
NSV , BABY!!
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 180.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jis4judy responded:
yes Barb congrats on the NSV of taking control of your thoughts getting those going right especially about breakfast
is a big one ..
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jean4u replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Thanks Kim, I just had to share "that feeling/thinking" about wanting a quick fix. Boy, that just isn't the answer!

This "turtle" is enjoying the NSV's. Had another healthy breakfast, eggwhites, broccoli, glass V-8 juice, 2 mugs tea with ff milk.

Barb

jean4u replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy, your snow gone yet?

Thanks for your support. Sometimes it just helps to post what we are feeling to get back going again. I think maintenance is very tricky at times. I mean I can indulge at times and not have a bad result on the scale and then a bit over on sodium and BAM on the scale! Just really got to keep my eyes open.

Barb

abnersmom responded:
I so know the feeling, Barb. Was feeling quite sassy last week getting into the 140's. Ha, then came the Fri. overindulgence and BAM! right back to 150 faster than I ever lose weight! So, I was back at it on Sat., walked 5 miles and 4 miles yesterday - was good with food and what do you think? 151 this morning. Talk about having an inner dialog and heart-to-heart with self...like, you, just venting my frustration. As you say, this is tricky!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

jean4u replied to abnersmom's response:
Debbie, venting is BETTER than eating! LOL

Barb

jis4judy replied to jean4u's response:
Hi Barb the snow isn;t gone but there is room to walk and I have been takeing advantage of it .
walking good for the last 3 days
I saw deer footprints on my snow covered lawn today I am sure it was deer because they lead to an evergreen bush they like to nibble on.
it was a lot of snow and most of it is still there
the roads are nice and clear

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jis4judy replied to abnersmom's response:
Yup Debbie I did the same thing was feeling I got this licked and indulged a bit too much and too often and that scale jumped a few pounds in a heart beat
gave me the kick in the seat that I deserved by being so over confident... It is a delicate balance for me //

abnersmom replied to jis4judy's response:
LOL, Judy. That scale really keeps us humble doesn't it? Good for you to keep walking in the snow. I bet it makes for a beautiful walk.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

jean4u replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy, How nice to see those deer prints. Glad you are out and about walking, too. Some days we want to say "skip it" but to keep those pounds away or down we just can't. Sharing this struggle is the best "push" and just what I need some days.

BTW, do you have trouble with the deer eating your garden plantings?

Barb

jean4u replied to abnersmom's response:
Debbie, I did my elliptical and mall walk and ate very veggie but then I had some chips.....!!!! I got down 2 lbs., but I know I can't get started on those chips, the beginning of the end. GRRRR! Have to do some re-programming. I can DO this!

Barb

abnersmom replied to jean4u's response:
Yes, you CAN and ARE doing this, Barb. Abner is quite sick and I'm not sure if he will make it or if I can afford the treatment to try. Back to the vet today to make some tough decisions. This is very stressful for me and I know I've got to be extra vigilant with the food, because food is comfort to me. Life happens and we got to roll with the punches, right, ladies? The walking has been helping keep my stress level down so I am not giving up on that right now.

jis4judy replied to abnersmom's response:
Hi Debbie
I am so sad for you when dogs get sick it is so hard because they cannot tell us whats feeling bad .. I lost my Dog a long time ago we had him for 9 years and I still miss him . this is why i never got another dog it hurt too much when they get sick and they don;t really have long lives... Just remember to honor your body it deserves as much care as your wonderful doggy.

jis4judy replied to jean4u's response:
Hi Barb no probelms with the deers eating my garden the back yard is fenced all around only the front yard is open..
and I usually plant some marigolds around the garden it is supposed to keep things out . Guess what Barb My furnace is on the fritz again maybe this time they can fix it right I will demand that the right parts be done I did my research and it is the heat exchange that is needing attention...
good thing it is nearly spring the snow is almost all melted we got some rain last night and that helped it to melt

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 40 yrs. old 5'5 134 lbs. I HAVE A 16 YRS. OLD DAUGHTER AND A FABULOUS HUSBAND. I have had a tummy tuck, paid for a personal trainer at the gy...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.