Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Struggling
tristaj90 posted:
I don't know why, but for some reason I am struggling with these last 3-4 pounds. I weigh in between 137-138 almost daily. I want to be down to 134 by March 20th.. and I don't see that happening in 10 days. I kind of want to cry. I did one day weigh 136.2 but that day happened a couple weeks ago. I just don't know what I can do anymore.
Hopefully by the end of the month I can see my 100 pound loss. I am happy to be down 96-97 pounds in a year, but I was hoping to be able to say I lost this 100 pounds. Maybe I should have gotten a personal trainer, I don't know.
I am just rambling and being mopey today. don't know why but I've been kinda down in the dumps lately.
Well wishes to you all!
~SW 234 CW 137.2 Goal 134~
Nothing worth having was ever achieved without effort.-Theodore Roosevelt

jis4judy responded:
hey Trista I never reached my goal of removeing 100 pounds at all I am happy and healthy where I am right now total pounds removed about 97 total but have been bounceing around up 3 down 3 for almost 10 years sometimes we have to respect our bodies set points Don;t let 3 pounds get you down you must look fabulous as you are ....My accual goal weight was 145 never got there if I had achieved that I would have 102 removed. the thing is being healthy is the real goal that number is just a number meens nothing
breaking a plateau if that what it is you do have to rrotate calories some days up some days down keeping the average over the week to your number ..
spring iis on the way maybe you have winter blues
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jean4u responded:
Trista, I think you have done a fantastic job at 96-97 down. I know that you would like to be at the 100 mark....like a milestone. Like people married for, say 50 years. I get it. I will never have the 50 anniversary and I wish I could have.

I think it is a psychological thing. I hope you feel better by posting your feelings. That always seems to help me.

BTW, and I have to remind myself this from time to time, it IS about the process not the #'s.

Another thing, do you know how many people will read your post and think "wish I was her (maybe insert the "B" word here LOL)"!!!

Barb

abnersmom responded:
Trista, You have done so well and I know you celebrate that accomplishment. Our bodies don't always follow our timelines or goals that we set. You will get to that milestone. It's the last few pounds to your goal that seem to be the hardest, I think. I'm cheering for what you have accomplished and for what is yet to be!!!!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

mefirstforever responded:
Trista,
Look at you in the 30s way to go! Hope you will encourage all the young ones to take charge earlier. It is possible even with a small child and work and responsabilities
Huggs
Helene
Helene GW 140 CW 201 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind especially to yourself and smile.

jean4u responded:
Trista,

I thought about you and wanted to suggest having a protein smoothie with fruit as a dinner meal. Breakfast egg whites and veggies. Lunch salad with fish or chicken. Lots of water. Snacks fresh veggies.

You still got 9 days. You CAN do this!

I know my first post was about "be happy" where you are, but that is not what you asked for.

Cheering you on!

Barb

blondie454u responded:
You go girl! Look at the weight you have lost not what you need to lose to get to your goal. My goal was 130 and I got there but I stay around 135-138. I happy there. I think it suits me. I have also gained a lot of muscle too. Muscle weights more than fat so keep that in mind as well.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

tristaj90 replied to jean4u's response:
Barb,
I understand that others may think how lucky I am to have come so far. I really should be focused on that. I do count my blessings that I turned my life around and refocused on my health for my sake, and the sake of my child. I did just need to vent these feelings out.
My weight fluctuates so much and I weigh myself daily as I always have and know that I shouldn't get hung up on it because the numbers constantly change.
Hopefully the weight will come off soon, but I don't think I'll hit my milestone--today I'm still around 137.
Thank you for refocusing my thoughts and i'm sorry I couldn't respond earlier.

tristaj90 replied to abnersmom's response:
Thank you so much Debbie. I appreciate you being there to help cheer me on. I have always been inspired by you since I started following this board. The last few pounds are very hard to lose, and my only hope was to reach them and not care if I gained them back but either way I will just try to maintain for now and this summer I'll probably end up losing more weight. My body stays at a constant 137-139 range. I will be happy with that for now.

tristaj90 replied to mefirstforever's response:
Thanks Helene! It certainly isn't easy with school, work, and a child/family, but it can be done. I hope to help others who struggle and encourage them to reach their goals.

tristaj90 replied to jean4u's response:
Ah, i do appreciate it Barb. I needed someone to point me to how I should be looking at the loss. I've been at my 97 pounds lost for a couple months now and was hoping by now I'd lose the last 3. But I am not going to get there and that's okay.

tristaj90 replied to blondie454u's response:
I suppose you're right on that. I have gained some muscle. I'm around that range too and it is a comfortable range. Now to get rid of the loose skin... lol

tristaj90 replied to jis4judy's response:
Thanks Judy for reminding me of the set point. My body hasn't been at around 135 since i was 13 years old. And when I was 13 I'm sure I was overweight. So being 137 and in the normal BMI.. i'd say that's an accomplishment! thanks

blondie454u replied to tristaj90's response:
I think that's why I am comfortable at my weight because of the loose skin. I think I have about 10lbs of it, maybe a little more. If that's true then I would be around 125 or so. For my height that would be healthy but any lower I think I would look sick.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

jis4judy replied to tristaj90's response:
yes trista the loose skin if it wasn't there you would weigh less I believe I have about 6 or 7 pounds of loose skin if I subtract that from my weight I am at goal maybe even below my goal.
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

Spotlight: Member Stories

I joined this community in January of 2013 and had a lot of success...losing 35 pounds in 5 months. I didn't stick with it. I stopped coming to th...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.