Skip to content
It's been a week since I refocussed
mefirstforever posted:

Last week I came back the group, and bam 1.5 pound down.

This is the best place for me just to focus on me for a moment.

I'm going for a walk to get the Xray of my arm. Tomorrow going for and ultrasound. I don't know what happened but I have excruciating pain when I make a certain movement. I could be the flu vaccine or the shovelling I did this winter. If it's a muscle tear it will take time to heal.

Hugs to all and have a great week!!
Helene GW 140 CW 201 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind especially to yourself and smile.

jis4judy responded:
that pretty awsome Helene just posting here is very helpful congrats on the 1 1/2 Pounds down good job
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout responded:
Helene! So proud of you! 1.5 down the tubes yayyyy!
This is the first I'd heard about this injury of yours... I'm sorry if I missed a prior post.
I sure hope it's not a torn rotery cuff in the shoulder. They are malicious beasts to get over.
let us know what you find out.
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 180.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jis4judy responded:
helene so sorry about your arm if it hurts when you move it most likely will be a muscle problem . those rotatorcuff things hurt even when you are still
I hope they can give you some relief of the pain
healing thoughts going your way hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

abnersmom responded:
Congrats on the 1.5 down, Helene. Please keep us posted on your arm. Hope it won't take too long to heal.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

blondie454u responded:
Great job! Sorry about your arm. I hope it gets better for you.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

totallywiggedout responded:
Helene, what did you find out at the Dr about your shoulder?? Any news?
huggs
k

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

mefirstforever replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hi Kim,

Well got an Xray and Ultrasound they can't seem to see anything. So after paying $175 for an ultrasound drove to China town and got some plaster with meds to put on my arm. At least It's analgesic. But it smells strong minth and camfer.. Also got some tiger balm.
We have medicare but it takes 6 months for an apointment so I when private so much for than.
Anyhow you know how nagging pain and debilitating pain can get on your nervers.
As you know I struggle with AS and not very patient with other pain on top of this.
Just had to vent, actually I'm quite in good spirits theses days and losing weight and exercisisng.
Just part of live and I handle it much better than before.
Huggs Girls
Helene
Helene GW 140 CW 201 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind especially to yourself and smile.

totallywiggedout replied to mefirstforever's response:
Helene, isn't getting older a complete bitch? LOL
Aches and pains become daily reminders that it may actually be a relief when we finally lay down for the "eternal rest".
Ah well. I'm glad that you are taking action on your own to try to remedy the pain. If there is no visual dmg, then it is probably just an overworked muscle.
Try some light stretches for your shoulder , esp before doing any lifting . That may help some with the pain.
huggs
k

blondie454u replied to mefirstforever's response:
I hope this remedy works for you Helene. Sorry for the struggle you're having with medicare. You think we could have better system.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

jean4u responded:
Helene, great on the 1.5 down, that is a really nice start to your re-focusing. You must have worked real hard since being back. Just shows us that we CAN do this!

Now, about that arm.....I've heard of the flu vaccine causing pain and for sure alot of snow shoveling could have caused a flare up. I had shoulder pain about 3 weeks ago and then a big bruise emerged. I must have rammed it on something. I avoided exercise that caused more pain.

Also, have you heard of Arnica Montana gel. It is a natural pain rub for bruises and muscle soreness. I used this on ,my sore shoulder. It is supposed to speed up the body's natural healing process. I got mine at GNC. It is from a mountain flower.

Barb

P.S. Hope your arm is better!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My story is I just woke up one day and decided I was tired of being fat. I got tired of wishing that I was skinny girl. Like when I would go to the st...More

Helpful Tips

Getting the most out of oatmeal
As an oatmeal fan, I was surprised to find that instant oatmeal didn't stick with me the way rolled oats did. When I switched back to ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.