Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Why can't we just be skinny like the rest of the world.
beautifulbuffalo posted:
Why do we have to struggle through our lives to be thin. Why not just accept ourselves as we are and eat right.

I have no metabalism as I say. I suffer iron deficiency but that is a lifetime problem since the age of 4. My Vitamin D is low even taking the vitamin D pills.

I try to walk as much as I can but my left leg bothers me so much. And I'm not as flexable as I wish I was.

I had a hardboied egg for breakfast And a 1/2 of peanut butter sandwich for a snack Then I couldn't find anything to eat for lunch so I said screw it and ate one of my husbands candy bars.
I'm not rich I can't afford all the right foods.

BB

ausgram responded:
BB, I'm just going to interject my opinion, you can ignore if you want to, but --
The reason we have to struggle is diabedes, cancer, etc. If you just let yourself go those things will catch up to you. So keep struggling, it's better then getting diabedes and losing a leg or cancer and suffer a painful death. Even if your healthy now, you keep eating wrong, it will catch up to you.
I hate struggling too. I'm not rich either but I try and eat better then a a candy bar for lunch. Didn't you have any cereal or toast and peanut butter, or somthing like that??
Ok, I'm done. Good luck.

mefirstforever responded:

Hi BB

Well I was trying to find an answer to your question and that's all I could find.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.

When in 2000 when I could not get out of bed from pain and when to work anyway and dragged myself back to take care of my family. This is what kept me sane.
Of course at the end of one year and many tests,. I was diagnosed with Ankysolis Spongylitis and been on pain medication since.
I still have a hard time. But I decided that I was Helene and not AS and this was not going to be me but my illness.

We all must go on and take care of us as much as possible with the tools we have and the capacity we have.

We all have the strength re of my family. This is what kept me sane.
Of course at the en of one year and many tests I was diagnosed with Ankysolis Spongylitis. So been on pain medication since and still have difficult times.
But I decided that I was Helene and not AS and this was not going to be me but my illness.

We all must go on and take care of us as much as possible with the tools we have and the capacity we have.

We all have the strength and the grass is not greener on the other side everyone has a cross to bear.

You have to make the choice for you and no one can do this for you

Hug
Helene
Helene GW 140 CW 201 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind especially to yourself and smile.

jis4judy replied to mefirstforever's response:
Hi Helene I like that serenity prayer I used that a lot during my journey somehow your post is doubled in some areas but I get the message I hope BBJayne gets it too...

Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Melanie and I am in college. Since I was young I was obese. I first realized I was overweight in 4th grade when the school nurse weighed me...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.