Skip to content
Picture of my road I love to walk
jis4judy posted:
here is the road I was mentioning this road is all shaded in summer
Hugs Judy:)

SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

FirstPrevious12NextLast

jean4u responded:
Judy, looks very nice. Just make sure you wear a bright jacket or some reflective gear so cars can see you. That is one of my and DH's pet peeve, dark clothing on roads (bikers and walkers). Just be safe!

BTW, how far do you walk and for how long a time? I try to walk for one hour, but if need be, I cut it short. I always think something IS better than nothing.

Barb

jis4judy replied to jean4u's response:
hi Barb I walk mostly 1 hour sometimes cut it short too.
approx 3.5 miles I did read some Doc wrote that anything over 30 minutes is a waste no real benifit But I don't believe that It certainly burns more cals than 30 minutes I wear a red coat when I walk especially when it is snowy . on mild days without snow I have a bright white jacket..
this area has a lot of walkers and joggers dog walkers so the drivers that use these roads are aware of pedestrians
Once in a while someone gets a little too close.
I can usually step off the road if cars are comeing in both directions...

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

blondie454u responded:
Very pretty Judy!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

ausgram responded:
Ohhhh Judy, how I would long to have a place like that to walk. Here is where I have to walk.
Hope this link works.

jis4judy replied to ausgram's response:
Hi aus thats not bad to walk an open field on the sides of the road in my pic are open fields much like yours
maybe plant a few trees huh?

ausgram replied to jis4judy's response:
No, can't plant trees, we hire a farmer to come in every other year and plant wheat. Ho-hum.

mefirstforever replied to ausgram's response:
Up here in Canada, They started to plan trees around the feels to keep in the good soil in from the wind.
Also there is program to re-plan trees near stream and small rivers to use as natural filters. It,s been done for the last 15 years and it,s really paying off. Stream are starting to have life again.
Mabe we should start a trend and plan a tree for evey pound we loose. This would help to slow down the warming of the planet. Imagine some of you would have a forest in there back yard lol.
Helene GW 140 CW 201 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind especially to yourself and smile.

jis4judy replied to mefirstforever's response:
I like your idea of planting trees Helene but I allready have enough trees on my property 3 maples and 3 evergreens
I planated the 3 evergreens myself a long time ago though

totallywiggedout responded:
Judy, I'm not sure why but every time I look at this picture today, I hear John Denver, "country roads... take me home... to the place I was BEFOOORE " .
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 180.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

mefirstforever replied to totallywiggedout's response:
HAHAHAHAHA !!!!!
Helene GW 140 CW 201 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind especially to yourself and smile.

jean4u replied to ausgram's response:
AG, Looks pretty dry to me. It would make me thirsty!

Barb

jean4u replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy, when I lived in the country I got trees from some county place for a very low price, so I ordered lots of them and most grew (due to me watering). When they got big, we had to trim and when my first husband took off, I had to pay people to come and trim them. Also, when we had ice storms we had huge amounts of lost limbs. Once neighbor had a tree fall through her roof!

Barb

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
You know Kim that's pretty funny because my Hubby John always says while we are walking as a kid from the inner city he always wanted to walk country roads and his dream came true...

ausgram replied to jean4u's response:
Our property looked like that when we first moved so I planted 800 trees around our house on 10 acres. The first 5 years I almost killed myself trying to keep them alive. I have since then, 10 yrs later, lost almost half of them. I just could not keep up with 800 trees. We couldn't afford a sprinkler system or drip system, I just dragged hoses. Got two hernia's out of it, a bad hip, depleted my potassium, etc. So now my hubby is watering what we got left.

Spotlight: Member Stories

To be very honest, I have never really had an issue with my weight until very recently.Other people seem to have an issue with my size and wanted to m...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Link to the WebMD Food and Fitness Planner
To let people know how to find it, go to WebMD home page it's listed on there, but here's the easy link for you ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.