Skip to content
Another Go At It
HappyNNC posted:
Like Rachael2011, I also should be on (and did sign up for it) the 100+ board, but this one does seem to be more active and I would LOVE to lose even 100 lbs. I'm trying again as well; I signed up for WebMD a long time ago; but didn't really stick with it due to work and stress. I am GOING TO DO IT THIS TIME! I have bad knees and just know that if I lose the weight and start exercising, it will help them. I'm afraid that I'm not going to be able to walk at all if I keep going the way that I've been going. Not a huge online chatter; but will read posts frequently and gain support and motivation from ya'll.

tnmist responded:
Welcome to the board. I'm in the same boat. I gain a lot of encouragement from this particular board. I haven't been doing well at all. Not sure what I'm waiting for. I have similar fears. I'm 48 and need to turn this boat around before I get any older and something catastrophic happens.

Best wishes to you.
Misty
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

rachael2011 responded:
You mentioned your knees and being afraid of not being able to walk. I know its wrong but my primary motivation to lose this weight isn't my health or how I look but how bad my mobility has become... I pick the handicap ramps bc walking up a curb is so awkward. Same with steps, going up or down em one at a time. Time to turn this thing around while I can!

totallywiggedout responded:
Hi Happy, Welcome aboard!
This community is all about getting healthier. Losing weight is not really secondary here, but more like a "happy byproduct" of eating, living and thinking healthy lifestyles.
I strongly suggest that you start a food and fitness planner again since it's been awhile. They have made several changes to it over the past year and it will help to get reaquainted with it since it is a good tool to use for charting your progress, your food intake and exercise output.
There is also a very good one on Fitday.com if you prefer that.
We here on the 50-100 board have put together a couple of "resource" discussions. Log in on this comm and clik resources at left.
You will find our recipes, some "homemade" and developed by us, and some links to sites that some of us have tried recipes from and have found good enough to suggest.
You will also find our exercise links to some fun online FREE video sources to download and use when you can't get outside. I ALWAYS suggest the 12 min Seated Core one. This one will help build your ab muscles that in turn will help your posture, which in turn will help you walk better. I know this for a fact. I use it, and I was hit by a Mack truck in 2005, a REAL , white MACK TRUCK! and got a crushed left hip out of the deal. I still haven't gone in for the full hip replacement because I was so heavy I was afraid I'd stroke out on the table. True story.
I walk now. 1 mile in the am and 1/2 mile in the pm. Walking gets easier AND better. My gait was terrible for almost 7 years, then after losing some weight and walking daily , 4 months into this journey, I noticed I wasn't "weebling" back and forth, but actually taking REAL walking steps, heel to toe like you're supposed to. You can make a difference with your knees. I promise.
This also goes for you Rachael and You Misty. It can and WILL get better. If you want it. REACH for it.
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 180.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

tnmist replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Thank you for sharing, Kim. Appreciated.
Misty
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

blondie454u responded:
Welcome aboard!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

jis4judy responded:
I will add my welcome you got great suggestions already
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

Spotlight: Member Stories

I gained weight after losing a great job.... the Dr I worked for retired unexpectedly and I was out in the work force for the first time in a long tim...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Link to the WebMD Food and Fitness Planner
To let people know how to find it, go to WebMD home page it's listed on there, but here's the easy link for you ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.