Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
welcome newbies!
abnersmom posted:
We have so many new folks on the board that I decided to just post a general welcome. Hope this is not too impersonal, but I wanted to welcome everyone in one swoop. I'm excited that we have new folks. I always learn so much from everyone. This board is awesome!!!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

totallywiggedout responded:
Pretty early in the AM Debbie, can't you sleep either? How are you feeling? Jeez I wish I could just reach out and give you a (((HUG))).
Happy Saturday, girl
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 180.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

abnersmom replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Yes, Kim. I've always been an early to bed, early to rise kind of person. Thanks for the virtual hug. I'm hanging in and being mindful of everything. If I've learned anything in my almost 60 years, it's to be aware of the fragility of life. Can't waste any days given to us. Feel what you feel because feelings are REAL, but life is too precious to stay stuck where you don't want to be.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

totallywiggedout replied to abnersmom's response:
Debbie. someday, I'd like for you to think about another one..... I know it's too early.... but there's nothing like cuddling a new puppy......
I only say that because I think you have alot of love to give and I don't like to see you alone.
many huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 180.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

tnmist replied to abnersmom's response:
"Life is too precious to stay stuck where you don't want to be." Wow, Debbie, that is profound. I need to make that a banner for my office. It's similar to the idea that "life is not a dress rehersal." Thinking of you today, too...
Misty
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

jean4u responded:
DEBBIE, I am not new but I definetly share your enthusiasim on wanting new people to come ABOARD!

Barb

jean4u replied to abnersmom's response:
I get It can't waste time. I recently saw a "show" about when "Death" comes to you...most people will say "Death I need more time and Death says....YOU had your whole life."

Barb

abnersmom replied to jean4u's response:
Love that one, Barb. Soooo true. Thanks again, Misty and Kim. Yes, Kim, I will probably get another dog someday. I am a dog lover and have almost always had one, but it IS too soon right now to think much about. I have a favorite C. S. Lewis quote "The pain I feel now is the happiness I had before. That's the deal." If you never give your heart to someone, even an animal, you never know true happiness.

jean4u replied to abnersmom's response:
Debbie, My daugher (35 and single and lives w/me & DH) never home, says "I would like a poodle", well DH & I like to "pick up and go-go". I am posting early because, today, Sunday, we will get in the car (I call it the "fun bus") and just gooo! Today, she is already at her BF's, soo, who would "Let the dog out?" WOOF WOOF! Guess he/she better learn how to use a can opener, too! LOL

Just not a good idea for our active lifestyles. Actually I think when I get in my 80's, MAYBE, I will consider it.

About that quote "when Death comes...", I was watching some of the Oprah series on connecting with your spirit. I really got inspired by the "You had your whole life .....and the fact that you leave this life with no material things, (so envy for the super rich is a waste) All we got is the present moment. Made me think. It really is a powerful message when used. For example, it helps me to "clear mental clutter" and think about what is really important in my life.

Barb

jis4judy replied to jean4u's response:
that's right Barb when my kids say Mom get a dog they have no idea how much the dog will change my life .
I like to get up an go too ..having a puppy would be like having a child to care for ... Maybe if your Daughter wants a poodle she should take the dog with her when she goes to boyfriends mention that and maybe she would change her mind..
So true about the rich they are more comfy financially but not happier than the rest of us . happiness has little to do with money.
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jean4u replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy, I get my "puppy fix" by visiting the pet stores or when it's nice out seeing the dog walkers. My daughter's BF has one dog and 2 cats! So she kinda gets her pet fix. She just likes poodles. We like to travel too much to have a full time pet of any kind. Heck we don't even have indoor plants! LOL

I had cats, dogs, minature pheasants, gerbils and fish when I was raising my family and did not travel so much. It was work then but I had the time and had to stay close to home because of all the activities the kids were in.. Sort of a time for everything and that was then and this IS now. Nice to have an empty nest. My dau. doesn't count as she IS the house sitter when DH & I travel. My DH calls her C.M. for "Church Mouse" as she slips in and out without being seen! LOL

When you realize that money doesn't create instant happiness, then you can really be content with what you have in life.

BTW, did you hear anything about your furnace repair yet? Hope it's good news.

Barb

jis4judy replied to jean4u's response:
Yup furnace isn't broken it must be another faulty thermostat do you think maybe they are making things wrong like thermostats...this will be the third one I will be putting in
I get plenty of puppy and doggy fix by puppy sitting a lot after the last few months I was all puppyed out LOL
I had dogs cats while raising my kids but that is all
and I see plenty of the neighbors dogs
I went out and bought a new digital thermostat and maybe that will fix the problem
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jean4u replied to jis4judy's response:
Thank goodness the furnace is OK. Those thermostats can be tricky. When DH replaced ours, it didn't work right, or he couldn't get the 2nd one programmed properly. It would go down to 60 degrees. I'm OK at 65-67, but 60 is too cold.

The new thermostat keeps house within one degree. At first I thought WOW, the furnace will be on all the time, but it actually isn't. Furnace gury recommended this one and he put it in. We keep it at 68 for day and 67 at night. The air conditioner we set higher, depends on the humidity (maybe 75).

Good luck with your new thermostat.

Are you able to get your walks in? I didn't get to mall walk yesterday and won't today either. So it will be lots of time on the elliptical. Something is always better than nothing. BTW, I am doing 12 jumping jacks in morning and doing alot better (at first I was really uncoordinated, funny how something that you did when younger seems a bit tricky when older).

Barb

blondie454u responded:
Debbie,

I am early to bed and early to rise person as well. I feel like I wasted a day if I am not up by sunrise.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've struggled with weight issues all of my adult life. At 37, looking back on all of those years of waisted time-I can never get back. I feel for...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
61 of 76 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.