Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Happy St. Patrick's Day
abnersmom posted:
Happy Sunday and St. Patrick's Day to everyone. We've been given another day and I plan to make the most of this gift. I made healthier food choices and ate a bit more yesterday. Walked almost 6 miles. There's no "luck of the Irish" in making good choices, so let's all choose to make this a good day! Let's DO it, my friends!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

totallywiggedout responded:
Wow, Debbie. 6 miles??! Jeez I sure hope I won't have to do that much to break through this neverending plateau. As it is, the soft tissues in both of my knees have started to ache. I am taking the day off of walking , and I guess I'll have to suffice with a few chair exercises and maybe some Wii to give em a rest.
Be careful out there on those walks. I know you're heart is healing while you do it so all I'll says is make sure you have enough water with you.
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 180.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jean4u responded:
Happy St. Paddy's Day to you and all!

I posted on your "greeting to Newbie" blog, also.

I'm with you on making good choices today. We are LUCKYto have this board and cheer each other on.

Breakfast: 2 mugs tea w/ff milk; oatmeal, raisens, vanilla almond milk vanilla protein powder, wheat germ and Chia seeds; one banana. Glass V-8 juice w/Chia seeds and black pepper. Vitamins.

Snack: celery, grapes, air-poppoed popcorn, one string cheese and 22 oz Crystal Light.

Lunch: Might be on the light side. Veggies some hummus.

Dinner: Cheeseburger with lettuce tomato and pickle. This IS my splurge meal. BTW, it's not greasy or really one of those ginormous ones.

Exercise: Before I left bedroom, wall push-ups, stretches w/ toe touches, frog jumps, one minute jog and arm stretches and 12 jumping jacks (really doing better on these). Also drank 1 glass of water.

One hour of elliptical.

Going to wear a bit of GREEN, too!

Barb

P.S. That 6 miles was something else!!!!

jean4u replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Kim, Darn those knees! Sounds like chair exercise for you. Something is better than nothing. On good thing about a plateau is not gaining, so staying the same is OK when you think about that. Again, maybe those new meds are the plateau culprit. When my cousin was on some med (can't remember which one, (for her stomach or her back pain), she gained weight and she hardly eats.....really small portions but 3 meals and good healthy foods, too.

Don't let this throw you. You just keep coming here and keep inspiring others with your thoughts and creative ways to "say it". Nice to see people giving you the kudos you deserve on this board, too. I'm sure alot of the "peekers" read and get inspired or a chuckle and for whatever reason never post.

Barb

blondie454u responded:
You go girl! That's amazing!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

blondie454u replied to totallywiggedout's response:
I hope your knees get to feeling better Kim.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

blondie454u replied to jean4u's response:
You're a workout warrior! Great job Barb!

jis4judy responded:
wow I am impressed 6 miles I don't think I have done 6 miles in a long time..
3.5 is my best effort these days
well here it is Monday and I am just getting around to posting this I hope you had a great St Pattys day Funny thing is I went to look for something green to wear and I had nothing green ,,
March is usually warmer and I do have a summer green shirt but zero winter ones..
Oh well maybe I will have a look around for a green sweat shirt
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Gee Kim take good care of those knees you maybe were overdoing exercise were you punishing yourself for an indulgence?? I don;t do that I never punish myself for any of my slips just get back on my journey asap
Hope they feel better soon

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jis4judy replied to jean4u's response:
You are doing great Barb I am continuing my walks but the other exercises have been sporadic, I love how you do a lot before you leave the bedroom heck I usually have to run to the bathroom first before anything else , and I wake up hungry so eat breakfast first then exercise LOL

totallywiggedout replied to jean4u's response:
Hi Barb and Amber...yeh, my knees.... they both felt like i'd twisted em a little. Probably just too much walking the other night. I was able to do my mile this am, but took it easy tonight again. Tomorrow, should be right as rain and hope to get in both the am and pm walks.
Barb, this plateau might be the meds. Probably the antidepressant. Whatever. No , I'm not giving up and I am not willing to make it my excuse either. I've been walking more these last few weeks, so I know I'm building muscle and today one of my bf's cooworkers congratulated me on my ongoing "weightloss" . When I told him I'd not lost any in the past 6 months, he said I sure looked like I had, and was I sure.... LOL . I think I'm going to break out the tape measure again and see what my inches are. Maybe I AM losing inches and my body can't lose inches and weight at the same time right now, lol, who knows?!
I'm juggling things right now too trying to mix things up a bit. I'm adding more fiber to my meals, like the full plate diet, just trying to stimulate some sort of loss again... We shall see.
huggs
k

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
No Judy. Not punishing myself. If you can believe it, Sat. My am walk wasn't achey at all, I mean it's bad when you have so few really pain free days that they are the anomally, but that's exactly what it was. A pain free day. Then I was walking a bit stiff Sat pm but pushed for another mile instead of the 1/2 I usually do... and overdid it i think.... live and learn.
huggs
k

yep you do have to learn some new strategies along this journey Kim and over doing exercise is a hard one because we all think the more we do the better but sometimes a little easing into exercise is better and when you have a feel good day that when you are most likely to over work your body

that's a great compliment Kim I am sure you probably are tightening up with some muscle added I know I weigh about the same as I did 8 years ago but my body is tighter now because a pair of jeans I could get on 8 years ago was tight from the waist all the way to my knees I could barely breathe in them and now at the same weight I have them on and they are kind of loose ... and comfy get that tape measure and see the inches fall away

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
It was sort of nice But I almost brushed it off because I've been plateauing for so long..... I'm concerned with it, but it hasn't fazed me enough to even consider slowing down, let along quitting.... No way, no how. NOT this far into my journey, lol
huggs
k

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've struggled with weight issues all of my adult life. At 37, looking back on all of those years of waisted time-I can never get back. I feel for...More

Helpful Tips

Working Out
OMG I had a very hard time getting out of the bed this morning to go to the gym. I'm not a morning person, but this morning it was awful. ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.