Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
My signature is messed up
j9Celeste posted:
Hello friends

I changed my signature to show my current weight. Since then, only a few words of my signature are showing up. It was OK until then. Has anybody else had this happen? If so, what did you do?

Thank you!!

Celeste
The most exciting,challenging

jis4judy responded:
I think you have to save the changes to complete it try again and save the changes
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

j9Celeste replied to jis4judy's response:
Good morning Judy

Thank you so much for replying! I had saved it...in fact I've done it quite a few times. When I go to my profile, my entire updated signature is showing. Since only the first four words are showing, I changed it by taking out the comma between the words exciting and challenging to see what that does.

MWAH!
Celeste
The most exciting challenging

Good morning

Well, the comma disappeared so the changes are saving. Now what can I try? Any ideas from my wonderful, new friends?
The most exciting challenging

abnersmom replied to j9Celeste's response:
Sorry, Celeste. I am clueless. You have tried everything I would have tried. Maybe contact tech support is all I know.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

jis4judy responded:
Hi Celeste I went in to my community profile selected edit my signature made a change and clicked save it was slow and took a while but it saved it but the changes aren't showing up right away that may take a day or 2 because web md probably reviews the changes and then Oks them like the photos and since they let all the moderators go it will be slower that it used to be
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jis4judy replied to jis4judy's response:
well My changes did show up in my last post maybe you hit cancel on yours by mistake I clicked the X next to save

totallywiggedout replied to j9Celeste's response:
Celeste, maybe make sure you aren't double clicking space bars between words... also make sure you aren't going over the letter limit for signatures.
Take a phone pic of your signature so you can retype it exactly as it sits, again. Then when you click save, make sure you WAIT until it does actually save.... sometimes it takes awhile to tell you that it's saved and if you do something, like go on to another page, like community, then you actually aren't saving it. If your signature still appears in the box, then you aren't really saving it and you will have to wait till save loads.
Also. If it still doesn't do it.... make sure that your JAVA and Adobe Acrobat have the newest avail updates. Sometimes this also affects typing and saving on this site.
hope this helps
huggs
kim
Kim SW 252 CW 180.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

j9Celeste replied to totallywiggedout's response:
OK all my tech savvy friends!

I took a picture of my screen (as suggested) then deleted my signature. I updated my Adobe, but not my JAVA since the relationship between Mac and JAVA is not good. But I haven't seen any other problems with this. I re-typed my signature and even edited a bit to hopefully make it more readable.

I left this site and closed out Safari (my browser) then came back in and my newest signature was showing. Now is the ultimate test...if my entire signature isn't showing through my GW, time to contact the other tech people!

Thanks again!

Celeste
The most exciting, challenging

jis4judy responded:
webmdcommunity@webmd.net

here is an email I used to use I hope it still works
also when you write include you system info and browser info

Thanks everybody

I sent an in dept e-mail to the WebMD customer support. I got an e-mail from them today telling me that they forwarded it to the engineering dept. I love getting help!

Celeste
The most exciting, challenging

Spotlight: Member Stories

Let's see .... Well, I've been overweight the majority of my life. I've been content but not really happy, though. I would like to do some...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 26 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.