Skip to content
Looking forward to a healthier me
RobynneS posted:
Greetings! Yesterday was the first time in over one year tracking my food and exercise through Web MD. Consistency has been difficult for me, so I decided to join this community in hopes of gaining outside support.
I would like to lose 70 pounds.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

rachael2011 responded:
Hi RobynneS. And welcome. I joined not too long ago and, yes, this is a super supportive community.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 Short term goal-299 Goal weight- Unsure

totallywiggedout responded:
Hi Robynne,
70 is possible. I've lost 70.... haven't budged SINCE, but 70s possible... LOL.
Don't mind me, I'm on a plateau, lol. But at least I'm still here which is the absolute best place to be at any time during your journey.
I think mine's a problem with consistency too, all we can do is try our best and hang in there.
Drink your water, watch your portion sizes and try to get away from preprepared meals in which you have no idea of and no control over the ingredients from which they are made.
Exercise in SOME way, every day.
This community is very close knit. We all care. Whether you are going to blog and participate or just lurk and participate vicariously, you will get some very useful input and insight from it.
Welcome aboard
huggs
kim
Kim SW 252 CW 180.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jean4u responded:
Hi Robynne! Good for you to get started.

Barb

jean4u replied to rachael2011's response:
Hi Rachael, I could not have stayed with my journey if it wasn't for the support here. Been here since Jan., 2010.

Barb

jean4u replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Kim, I just got to say congrats on that 70 lbs. GONE! I'm sure your body says "thank-you"!

One good thing about that plateau, is you are NOT gaining!

Barb

RobynneS replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hi Kim!

Thank you for your reply and the suggestions. I am sitting here attempting to finish the last 8oz of a 32 oz water bottle, knowing I have another 32 to go. They say if you do something for 21 consecutive days it becomes a habit. I am trying to get through my second day...
Congrats on the 70lbs!. As for the plateau, with your positive attitude, you will pass this hurdle in no time! Keep up the good work! R
me - SW 234 GW 164

RobynneS replied to rachael2011's response:
Thank you for the welcome and best wishes to you too!
me - SW 234 GW 164

RobynneS replied to jean4u's response:
Thanks Barb!
me - SW 234 GW 164

jis4judy responded:
Hi Robynne welcome I am sure the goal is doable but lets try taking off 5 pounds at a time that seems less difficult and then start on the next 5 because removing 70 or 100 in some cases seems a bit hard to handle . think of it as several 5 pound losses .
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

RobynneS replied to jis4judy's response:
Hi Judy.

Great point! When I think of the amount I want to lose it seems daunting. Day two is when I normally fight the food demons in my head (avoiding the Food Network and Cooking Channel for now).
me - SW 234 GW 164

jis4judy replied to RobynneS's response:
Yes I stay away from the cooking channels I used to be a big fan of them a real foodie I was LOL
good job seeing that habit for what it is
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout replied to RobynneS's response:
Robynne, attitude is EVERYTHING! Bahahaha. unfortunately, I'm not sure which weighs more, my id or my ego so I'm trying to watch what they eat atm,
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 180.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jean4u replied to RobynneS's response:
Robynne,

Have you thought about making a "visualization" board. One that is highly visable with motivational/positive quotes and photos of healthy foods and people working out...... just related to your goals. Also a marble jar with pretty marbles to put in a clear bowl ; one for each pound you get rid of. I like to have props around to keep me focused. I keep exrcise "toys" out, too, for example my weights to swing when I use micro and Pedlar when I watch TV.

Have you tried the sparkpeople.com site....very good for recipes, motivational blogs, etc.. But I like this board for the day to day banter and support.

I drink tea and Crystal Light to get my 64 oz. in. Plain water some times.

Keep posting!

Barb

jean4u replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy, I watch them and think "Yuck" all that butter, like Paula Deen, Oh yeah she has diabetes now, and had to eat healthier. Anyway I look at these shows and see the white carbs and "killer" ingredients used. Then I surf to infomational promos to get healthy and get myself motivated!

Are you getting that snow? How's the furnace/thermostat coming along?

Barb

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 41 yrs old and just had our 4th (and last baby). I currently weigh 188 lbs and am 5' 4". With all of my pregnancies I have had gestation...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.