Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Barb about the Kashi berry crisp
jis4judy posted:
I bought some of that it is good BUT on reading the ingredients it has fake berries in it
created in a lab So It is coming off my grocery list not a safe food .

Hugs Judy:)..
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

abnersmom responded:
I buy the Kashi without the berries - forget the exact name and add some dried cherries for a crunchy snack sometimes.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

jean4u responded:
Judy, good for you to notice that. I only add a bit to my yogurt like a tbs.. I don't think I've eaten a bowl of any cereal in years other than oatmeal.

I just like bit of "crunch" once in a while. Mostly I add wheat germ, Chia seeds, ground flax, vanilla protein powder, almond milk and fresh fruit to uncooked oatmeal.

Barb

jean4u replied to abnersmom's response:
Debbie, I like a bit of cereal sometimes as a snack with almonds or like I said to Judy, just a bit on yogurt. I prefer eggwhites and veggies as a breakfast. Or my oatmeal "concoction".

Barb

BTW, Debbie How ARE you doing? I am really doing pretty good on March goals, too. Doing alot better on the night snacking and that is really helping me stay in my maintenance range.

jis4judy replied to jean4u's response:
I use a just bit myself but on further review finding the berries have ingredients make me wonder ..
I usually have cereal for breakfast would rather have oatmeal but hubby being home is a breakfast skipper aand for some reason I don;t make it for one me
I mix my cereals 1/2 C bran flakes 1/4 cup of 2 other more tasty things like heart to heart and great grains and I use maybe 2 Tablespoons in my yogurt
Hugs Judy:)

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout responded:
Ok ladies (and gents) for your crunching pleasure.
On this recipe I omit the rice syrup and sub extra virgin coconut oil or walnut oil for the vegetable oil.
Put in raisins , cranberries, or any dried fruits AFTER baking if you wish
And sub true maple syrup or maple sugar for the brown sugar if you wish.
This way, you KNOW whats in it
huggs
you
guys

http://www.davidlebovitz.com/2009/10/granola-recipe/
Kim SW 252 CW 180.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jean4u replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Leave it to KIM to get to the "crunch" of this!

Barb

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hi Kim I copied that and saved it for when I can shop for those grains sounds good to me.. especially with the subs
Hugs Judy:)

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Margie, I'm 32, and I've lived in Mexico during the past 14 years as a long-term missionary. I currently weigh 274 pounds. I've...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.