Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Small NSV and a plan
rachael2011 posted:
Just wanted to share. I had a mini-nsv last night. I was worried about the snow and not having healthy foods in the house, so I hit the grocery store last night after work (around 11P). Usually this is my bad time, I come home after the weekend and eat a LOT of junk. I have been doing it for 4 years on Sunday nights. So I figured, buy my healthy foods and talked myself into a low calorie item from McDonald's like a salad w chicken. Even now, I know I would've hit the drive thru and talked myself into several something elses. That was a disaster waiting to happen.
Well, after the shopping and planning my week's meals/ snacks, I didn't even want the McDonald's. I came home and had 3/4 c cottage cheese w 2 T of apple butter. And was satisfied!

I believe I have a new shopping day.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 318 Short term goal-299 Goal weight- Unsure
FirstPrevious12NextLast

j9Celeste responded:
Hello Rachael.

Great job resisting your mini-nsv last night. By the way, what is an nsv?

Celeste
The most exciting, challenging, significant relationship you have is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone who loves the you that YOU love, that's fabulous SW 286 CW 259 GW 165

mog1026 replied to j9Celeste's response:
I just asked that! We need a dictionary of terms here! It's a non scale victory like wearing a smaller size or resisting a temptation.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 214.2 GW 165

j9Celeste replied to mog1026's response:
Nice...non scale victory. I need to remember that so I can keep having victories during the week!

Celeste
The most exciting, challenging, significant relationship you have is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone who loves the you that YOU love, that's fabulous SW 286 CW 259 GW 165

jean4u responded:
Rachael, WTG on your NSV! I came home a bit late last night and had some cottage cheese, too and then when my DH waved some chips in my face....I looked and thought and did not take the "bait". Really I think the cottage cheese helped me, too.

Another NSV for the books!

Barb

jis4judy responded:
Hi Rachael you did great on making better choices WTG on the NSV
changing your daily habits is the way to go
Happy Monday
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout responded:
AND a new McDonald's alternative. WONDERFUL NSV, Rachael!
If this was your first verifiable NSV, treat yourself. Either buy a few flowers, some nail polish, or even a packet of flower seed for the windowsill. Something cheapy but still a little present from you TO you in congratulations. You deserve it.
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 180.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

totallywiggedout replied to mog1026's response:
Or walking a mile when you don't really feel like it, or learning a new dancestep, or being able to see your toes for the first time in forever..... NSV's baby! They are what we all strive for

huggs
k

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

totallywiggedout replied to jean4u's response:
Good NSV victory to you too Barb. Since you are a chip a holic that one was a biggie.
grats!
huggs
k

jis4judy replied to jean4u's response:
Oh Barb great NSV for you I know how much you like chips so that was a wonderful NSV wowie I am impressed

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jean4u replied to jis4judy's response:
JUDY, you know I have my cave in and "hunt" for those chips moments. Seriously, DH opened a fresh bag and those are the most irrestable to me. He waved a chip and I could smell the fresh bag aroma. I did the Judy "self talk" moment, I swear it was like I wanted THAT chip, but I knew it would be ALOT more, heck I might have to make some dip to go with that bag. That's where DH and I differ, he can have 10 chips, but that is where I just get started!

Having that healthy snack (cottage and cheese and some lean ham w/mustard) I do think helped me. Also, I gave it a self-talk very brief moment.....I could have gone either way, but I didn't!

Believe me sometimes I grabbed that chip bag.....

I like to share my struggles here because these are the day to day choices we face, There are ALWAYS choices and sometimes we don't do the best but the next day we can do better.

Here's to doing better!

Did your furnace get fixed? Is your snow going away?

Barb

jean4u replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Kim, Thank You! Being that, that was a fresh bag of chips I could have been completely helpless. I love fresh chips. I do think , even though a bit tired (and we know what happens when we get tired, we feel hungry), I did the very brief "Judy" self-talk........I swear it was a matter of seconds, I smelled the chip and overcame. Kinda a first I actually visualized me eating that chip BUT, I knew it would lead to MORE!

KIM, how are you doing with your fall recovery? I hope well.

Barb

jis4judy replied to jean4u's response:
Hi Barb New furnace is being installed tomorrow and it does come with a lot of rebates and tax breaks too
I just got tired of it not being dependable so if the techs can't fix it then replace it and I did order the one that uses less energy so my utility bills will be less
should be good for 17 more years LOL
Oh btw I had to use my self talk myself the last 2 days
there was Cake so I had to have a small slice and zero seconds no matter how good it tasted..

totallywiggedout replied to jean4u's response:
Barb, thanks for asking. I THOUGHT I was doing better. Yesterday was a little stiff , but seemed like I was making progress.
I don't know if it was the sudden cold snap or wth happened but this am I was terribly stiff and I was having shooting muscle spasms all the way from the inside of my groin, near my butt cheek, all the way down through my calf. I was hobbling around and doing this "tippy toe" stand where I rest my left leg on my tippy toe (this only happens when I'm in such REAL deep down pain that my brain can't make me stand flat footed on that leg) I know I'm in trouble when I notice I'm doing that.
I burst into tears while trying to get Michael's breakfast fixed then doing the lunch packing and making coffee, lol I was sweating so bad that I got REALLY irratible about the heat in the house, but it was really just the pain making me sweat like a stuck pig atm. I absolutely HATE having bone deep pains like that. I can take most sharp pain and the everyday stuff, but that bone deep Ache is when I just lose it. It makes me want to curl up and die.
But, can you believe I still walked?? LOL. Michael told me to skip it today and I told him that if I sat down it would just make it worse, that I needed to walk it off.... jeez. Half way through, clear in the BACK 40 , I had some more of that shooting achey pain, figured I wanted to quit and was prolly stupid for trying, and decided that in 30 degree weather and only a sweatshirt, I WAS NOT going to wait for someone to come rescue me, lol.
It wasn't pretty and it was a damn sight longer than usual, but I made it.
Then..... I napped. lol
Seems better tonight, so here's hoping
huggs
k

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hi Kim so sorry about the pain but sometimes gentle walking not the whole walk is good to relieve pain.. sitting can make it worse but move around gently.
and 30 degrees in a sweatshirt are you nuts? a coat is better for that kind of weather..
I hope it gets better soon..

after running for a day or 2 I had some pain that scared me it went from my toes to my arm pit on my right side I stopped running and it went away

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been struggling with my weight for about 15 years. I was doing well after having three kids and was on my way to losing all my baby weight. The...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 26 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.