Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Mindfullness
rohvannyn posted:
I think these broken teeth are helping me lose a little weight again. There's no junk food snacking at all right now, eating only at mealtime or something soft between meals. A little sugar but less than usual. Eating is a total risk assessment, as I try to baby my teeth along till I can get in to a dentist who won't try to cheat me and is accepted by my insurance coverage. So it's smaller meals, smaller bites, more liquids and ultimately I think it's a good thing.

By the way, powdered clove mixed in water and shaken vigorously makes a great mouthwash. Makes my mouth taste clean and it is an anesthetic that helps to soothe my gums. Just an 89 cent bag of cloves, mixed into a quart gatorade bottle of water, and kept under the counter, works fine. I added some cinnamon leaf oil to mine and have ideas for a better recipe, but this seems to work fine.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

totallywiggedout responded:
I like your mouthwash idea, Roh. I love trying new tastes that make my mouth "sing". Last week we went out to eat at an Indian restaurant. Instead of the usual dish of little mints at the register, they had small bowls of Fennel seeds,mixed with coconut flakes and course sugar serve your self with a little spoon , style. loved the anise flavor of the fennel ! Really refreshing.
Pretty cool side effect of broken teeth. Weight loss, lol. I sorta figures, doesn't it? lol
Have you found this elusive honest dentist yet? or are you still on the hunt for one?
Star Wars inspired art, huh? Coming from someone who quotes Yoda, this really doesn't surprise me either.
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 180.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

rohvannyn replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Ha ha, yeah, no surprise there. Just a couple of sketches and a painting. Still on the search for a dentist that is (a) close to me and (b) good and (c) accepted by my HMO. Plenty of choices but not sure what to pick. I like the fennel seeds idea, I just like fennel seeds to begin with, no sugar or coconut needed.
Roh

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

totallywiggedout replied to rohvannyn's response:
Roh, probably not needed, just the restaurant's combination. And this was the first I'd seen such a thing. It was chewy and only slightly sweet, which kinda sorta made it taste like those little black "babies" jell candies that we used to be able to buy for a penny, a million years ago.
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 180.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

rohvannyn replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Oh... I loved those things. A little before my time, but anything black licorice has a place in my heart. Sometimes, when I can get it, I chew licorice root. That sounded like a nice restaurant! I too like seeing unusual and flavorful combinations. There are so many wonderful foods in this wide world, and so many that are full of nutrients as well as flavor. It's why I like shopping in international stores so much.
Roh

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been gaining and loosing weight most of my adult life. The diet of choice has always been weight watchers. I've lost and gained 90 lbs mo...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 26 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.