Skip to content
sit ups
beautifulbuffalo posted:
I can't lay on the floor because of my bad back, but could I do sit ups on my bed and will that help my stomach.
BB

jis4judy responded:
Hi Jayne
yes I was too obese to do crunches or sit ups on the floor so I did them in my bed. I started doing 5 a day then added 1 each day untiI I was doing 50 You must have a firm mattress won;t work on a water bed LOL
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout responded:
Yep, they sure will help but be careful of your back especially since a bed offers less support than a hard surface, like a floor would. Personally, with a bad back, I would think that doing "reverse" sit ups would be better. Crunch your knees up toward your stomach instead of crunching your upper body toward your feet. This would be easier on your back because your back basically stays stationery.
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 180.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

beautifulbuffalo replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Thank You. They are working out great I'm up to 17 at one time. I also lost 2.4 more lbs.
BB

totallywiggedout replied to beautifulbuffalo's response:
BB that's great news! I'm glad that the exercises are working out for you and am esp glad for you about the weightloss.
Great job, girl!
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 180.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jis4judy replied to beautifulbuffalo's response:
very good news Jayne
congrats on the 2.4 pounds are you doing the crunches or the or the backwards leg raises crunches?

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

tnmist replied to beautifulbuffalo's response:
Way to go, BB! Woot!
Misty
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

jean4u replied to beautifulbuffalo's response:
BB WTG on 2.4 lbs.!!!

Keep up the good work!

Barb

beautifulbuffalo replied to jis4judy's response:
Backward leg crunches. Less pressure off my back. I want to get rid of this stomach hang over from when I lost 50 lbs to quickly I ended up with a stomach hangover extra skin. I'd like to have it cut off but can't afford that.
BB

blondie454u replied to beautifulbuffalo's response:
That's great!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

blondie454u replied to beautifulbuffalo's response:
I have loose skin all over. It does tighten up over time. Last year I was wearing size womens 8-10 now I wear 4-6. I haven't lost weight just from where I am firming up.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

jis4judy replied to beautifulbuffalo's response:
Hi Jayne
I have loose skin still but it is way better than the fat
Mine has tightened over the last few years it isn't nearly as bad as it looked after the first 50 you should when you get to goal weight maintain at least 2 years before even considering a tummy tuck because it just with some continued exercise healthy eating tighten up on its own. I saw my tummy in a full length mirror after removing 50 pounds halfway to my goal and my tummy looked like a deflated balloon. Like something went splat on my tummy it looked awful but after maintaining and keeping up with exercise that tummy looks pretty good now with a 1 1/2 inch over hang over my thighs not too bad for my age

mog1026 replied to jis4judy's response:
Thanks for the loose skin info girls. That was something I thought about and it's good to know it improves. Can't wait to have that problem!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 212.6 GW 165

rachael2011 replied to beautifulbuffalo's response:
Congrats on the 2.4 lbs!
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 315 Short term goal-299 Goal weight- Unsure

Spotlight: Member Stories

Been over weight all my life--59 years old. I need to lose about 100 pounds.I have a bad back and hip. Can't exercise I can barely walk. So I am c...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.