Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Lost 28.6 pounds
kristy2669 posted:
Hello I have lost 28.6 pounds thanks to webmd tool to log in food and exercise I have been eating healthy and exercising for about 2 months and a half I still would like to lose about 72.6 pounds more. I have really enjoyed changing my habits though I must say the hardest for me is when I want to eat out or have a drink because I currently live in Venezuela and there are not many options for healthy eating basically only salads and I have to watch not to add too much dressing on it . I aslso love sweets so its hard to not eat them from time to time and more some that I have a 3 year old who always comes from birthday parties and goodie bags full of them .... I would love to meet some people here and continue my motivation !
FirstPrevious12NextLast

jean4u responded:
Kristy, Good on the 28.6! Sweets and treats will always be out there to tempt us. If we fall back into old ways, we will get our old weight back and then some.

Choices, we got to change what we eat to healthier things and get more exercise to keep the weight off. Make small choices that you can continue to do.

Sometimes our motivation gets a little lax when, have lost considerable weight, like you, almost to 30. We kind of feel like it should be "over" the restrictions, you know, foods you avoided. Don't let yourself be fooled into re-gaining. I did this too many times.

Good luck!

Barb

rachael2011 responded:
Nice Kristy. Congratulations on your loss. Webmd and this community have been a wonderful as source of information and motivation. Keep it up!

Are the grocery stores similar to the US where you live? Maybe you could change up your salads with different lean meats and veggie options so they don't get boring for you.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 318 Short term goal-299 Goal weight- Unsure

rachael2011 replied to jean4u's response:
Hi Barb. You mentioned the going back to old eating and regaining. I have been spending time reading old threads from this community and I had no idea of the effort you still have to put in to maintain once you reach your goal. Maybe really letting that sink in, may be the difference in another time yo-yoing and finally actually reaching a goal and staying there.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 318 Short term goal-299 Goal weight- Unsure

jean4u replied to rachael2011's response:
Yeah Rachael, I had NO clue what Maintenance was. I thought of that word like how we take care of our cars!

I kept running into that word, though and it stuck in my mind. People like Valerie Bertanelli wrote in one of thse womens mags about how keeping the weight off is different from that process and tricky, too. Hmm, made me think.

I was a serial yo-yo "dieter". never having gotten to goal weight, only to give up and go back to old ways. That is because I didn't SLOWLY make SMALL changes. This is a process and you need to make mental changes, too.

Like tonight, I am going ballroom dancing. A senior crowd with free food, served after 8 pm. I will pack my Crystal Light packets and have it in alot of ice water. I had an early dinner, low carb and high protein. Other people will eat. I can deal with the "oh you're not eating". I just do not do well to eat this late and I will be tired from the dancing and when I eat after dinner it just sends my brain "I can binge, now" message.

I had a good breakfast, a few healthy snacks and healthy dinner. If I need, I will have a few almonds or a fiber bar.

I just don't ever want to go back to the starting line. Maintenance is the answer.

Barb

abnersmom responded:
Congrats Kristy on the 28.6 lbs. That's awesome! Eating out is tricky. Do the restaurants in Venezuela post their menus with nutrition info online? I always check online now so that I can make the best choice when I get to the restaurant.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

abnersmom replied to rachael2011's response:
Rachael, I feared maintenance more than losing the weight. I have lost before but never kept it off. Knowing that this is a forever journey and planning ahead are the only ways to keep going. Still a work in progress....
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

totallywiggedout responded:
hi kristy! hey! Super good work on that loss so far1
As for eating out, if your restaurants offer take out boxes, order one to be delivered WITH your meal. As long as you make a fairly healthy choice, you don't have to order salads when you go out. In fact most of those big "specialty" salads have more calories and sodium in them than a complete 6 oz sirloin steak dinner. That's a fact.
As soon as the meal hits the table, if your box doesn't come with it, tell them you want it immediately. DO NOT START EATING until you have the box!
When the box comes, split your meal completely in half. Main course, veggies, potato, whatever is on the plate.
Then box half for another meal some other time.
When you do this you feel more in control. You still get to eat a nice meal out that you like, just less. Your mind is fooled because you only eat what you SEE on your plate and you get to clean it ALL up! because it's only half.... get it?
Stay away from pitfalls like the breadbasket too. If it comes, ask that it be removed or share one roll with a friend or split that in half too and box it with the rest.
Out of sight out of mind.
Stay with us as a fellow blogger too. It helps to just come in and state how you feel or what you are thinking about. Good, bad or ugly , this is a group that embraces all topics with aplomb.
huggs
kim
Kim SW 252 CW 180.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jis4judy responded:
Hi Kristy welcome aboard Congrats on the 28.5 pounds awesome !!!You got some great advice already so I am just adding my welcome Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

blondie454u responded:
Congrats on the weight loss! Wow Venezuela! I would have thought you would have easier access to more fresh fruits and veggies there since it's always decent weather there. I have hard time finding things here in the south U.S. When winter hits here you can't get fresh food without paying a high price for it. Well good luck to you. Glad you're here. Welcome!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

blondie454u replied to rachael2011's response:
Yes maintenance is way different than losing. It's a life long relationship that you will have to constantly work at. It's basically like a marriage. If you don't willing to live with it for the rest of your life then you mind as well not get married. No sense making yourself miserable if you're not happy. I am all about being healthy fit but not everyone is even though it would be in their best interest to be healthy. Some people are happy eating and being lazy all the time. If they don't complain about how they look or feel more power to them but if you complain about your weight and they way you look then get off your butt and get moving or shut up.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

kristy2669 replied to jean4u's response:
Thank you very much for your support and advice!

kristy2669 replied to jean4u's response:
That is so true the changes must come from our minds to know we can not binge eat anymore , we may eat something we like that is not good for us from time to time no excess though, but continuing with our diet and excercise and a psycologyst once told me overeaters are like alcoholics we must always be conscious of what we are putting in our bodies and we must try not to sabotage ourselves.

kristy2669 replied to abnersmom's response:
abnersmom no unfortunately they do not so I basically calculate the food on the ingredients it has and avoid fried things or dressings

kristy2669 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
That is a great idea thank you TotallyWiggedOut!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello. I am Rachael, a 44 yr old mom of 2 boys, one graduating high school and the other in college. I live with my boyfriend, Will, in south central ...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.