Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
JUDY, car repairs?
jean4u posted:
I saw that on the "Recipe" thread but didn't want to respond there. What's up with the car?

Boy it seems like when stuff hits, it's always more than one thing. We had the garage door, computer, the seemingly small car rear-end hit & run (ended up $3,400 in insurance).

Just don't let this throw you into crazy eating. GRRR!

Let me know how it goes. Hugs your way!

Barb

jis4judy responded:
last week it was something on the engine needed to be replaced 400 bucks today it is getting brake work
this tells me it is time to buy a new car
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jean4u replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy, sorry about the car "dying". I like to hold onto my cars for a long time, but when it gets to the time when you got to sink alot of money in them, then you get to the it might be time to buy a new one.

Will you get a new one or newly used one? I have done both. I have heard of going to one of those senior citizen assisted care places to see if anyone there is giving up driving and needs to sell their car. I actually got a car like that through the SIL of a resident. Very low mileage car and well maintained (there's that word) LOL.

You sure got alot on your plate these days, but you are one strong gal. You will get through this tough time. Come here as needed. Hug to you!

Barb

jis4judy replied to jean4u's response:
Hi Barb the brakes was a simpler repair only 1 part and a little labor 200 bucks not too bad our car is over 10 and that's when they start needing more and more repairs.. I like to keep a car a long time too ... will look around John wants a pick up truck ,, so he can haul things ...like leaves in the fall to the recycle place.. The furnace is in and it has the cutest thermostat a tablet with the numbers so big I can read them from across the room LOL It is hard to spend the money I have a year to pay for it with zero interest so I will do that for a year . there goes my floors again ,,, every time I think I can get floors done
something happens to delay it ...

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

Judy, ha ha about being able to see the #'s on that thermostat and at least you don't have to worry about the old one fizzeling out next Winter. That is always a concern when the thing is acting up. Then trying to get a good price and a furnace installed when you are freezing would not be pleasant, so you avoided that and got it done now. Good work!

Would be nice if you could wait for the truck/car purchase until the furnace is paid off, but if you can't you can't. BTW men always want a truck! LOL Would you be OK with a truck? Do they have a backseat? I would miss the backseat and trunk space. I put groceries and stuff in the backseat. We pack our bowling balls (I have 2 and bowling shoes in a rolling bag) in the trunk.

Barb

Judy, I forgot to ask what did you want to do with your floors? Good thing that you did not have that scheduled and then the furnace and car come up. I am real hesitant on doing anything in the way of decorating because once I get started it gets costly. I used to do room re-do's alot when I was younger. I have a nice fireplace mantle that I like to put seasonal decor on display. Got some spring-like flowers on it but no Easter stuff (in the basement). DH is out getting the car gassed up....maybe I will put Easter stuff out while he's gone and surprise him. I can do a two-fer by geting some stair exercise by doing this, too.

Barb

jis4judy replied to jean4u's response:
Hi Barb I have been wanting tile floors in my kitchen and dining area right now kitchen has linoleum and it is curling up on the edges ugly stuff and the dining area is carpeted lots of stains messy eaters LOL the family room is carpeted wall to wall like the dining area would love to put a wood floor in there this isn't changing the décor it is making it more livable and easier to clean .

blondie454u replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy if you lived closer to me I could get you a great deal on tile. I work for a tile manufacturing company. I don't know if we have a distributor in your area if and when you decide on the tile floor.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

jis4judy replied to blondie454u's response:
That would be great the labor costs would still be too expensive now even if I did get tile at a great discount
so maybe in another year or so this will happen
once I pay for the furnace and air condition system I am a little curious of how these new energy saving things will save on the gas and electric bills that maybe a good thing over time..
thanks Amber for the offer

blondie454u replied to jis4judy's response:
You're welcome
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have always had a job that involved being at a computer..resulting in health related issues, the biggest one is my weight. I just retired (I think) ...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.