Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
off topic- an iphone
rachael2011 posted:
Hello everyone. I wanted to share something off the nutrition / exercise topic bc I am excited. I got an iPhone! I haven't had a smart phone or anything w a touch screen and am NOT good at new technology like that. Spent yesterday/ last night and last night yelling at it, getting help from customer service and finally loving it. It feels good to learn new things.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 315 Short term goal-299 Goal weight- Unsure
FirstPrevious12NextLast

jis4judy responded:
Good morning Rachael
I knoe it is frustrating to get a new whatever it is learning something new but feels good when you get it going ..
That's why I keep my PC for a long time when I get a new one it is a lot of work getting my files transferred etc
Have fun with your phone.. My furnace has a touch screen tablet as the thermostat. that was fun setting that to my likeing
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout responded:
Hi Rachael, good morning!
It's nice to have a face to go with the name so now we can chat "face to face" lol
Welcome to the 21st century! Congrats on getting and learning about your new I-phone. They are canny little traitors though. Just when you figure you know everything about it, you make one little mistake (like throwing your contacts list away, like I did) and you realize that they don't call em smart phones for nothing.
Don't worry about bugging the tech geeks about whatever you need. That's what they make the big bucks for , lol
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 180.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy, in that last rental we just moved from, we didn't have a furnace at all. We basically made it with a gas wall heater and space heaters in every room, remember?
Gads, I'm having such a time trying to get used to HEAT in every room. When the furnace kicks on, I strip down to near nothing just because for that few min that its running, It's too hot to me now. I have to keep myself from running to the stupid thermostat every time and just let the heat settle.
I'm glad that your furnace is in and that you have a new "toy" with the thermostat. It's nice that it has big numbers cause you never know when old age will catch up to you. Although so far you seem to be outpacing it, lol
huggs
k

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Gee Kim living in the south you probably don't need a furnace , For emergencies I have 2 electric fire places that give some heat if needed .
when I lived in Phoenix AZ there was no need for heat but air coolers were the thing even the cardboard shacks had air coolers on top of them ,,
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mog1026 responded:
Here is my considered advice Rachael. DO NOT jump in a swimming pool with it in your pocket. And.... As soon as you begin to add contacts and photos go to the App Store and download "idrive lite" or "idrive photo" depending on your phone model and BACK EVERYTHING UP! Amen.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 213.4 GW 165

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
You'd be surprised Judy. From late November thru late Feb it can get down into the high teens. Most of the time it warms up throughout the day, varying as much as 30 degrees higher by 3pm some days. Just this week our nights had gotten down to the high 20s but warming to high 50s by afternoon. Yeah, we need furnaces quite a bit, lol
And that's a major problem down here, because even if you find a furnace in a rental house, it usually isn't insulated. Six in one hand , half dozen the other.
huggs
k

rachael2011 replied to mog1026's response:
Kathy- Thank you! Seriously, I will definitely look those up. This thing has caused me much happiness as well as STRESS in the past 24 hours. But at least my hands are busy so I don't munch! I got an app from allrecipes.com so I can look up ingredients and was looking at different nutrition apps but haven't found one that fits yet. I have a computer right in the room, but, hey, its a new toy. Just need to watch my data usage.

Good advice re the swimming pools. Good excuse to skinny dip when it gets warmer...no pockets! lol
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 315 Short term goal-299 Goal weight- Unsure

jean4u replied to rachael2011's response:
Rachael, you crack me up! Congrats on your new "baby", I hope you give it a name! That's what it reminded me of, a new baby...what else can cause us stress and happiness!

You make the point about "it" keeps your hands busy, just think about how your mind is busy learning the how-to's and all the cool new info. you have at your finger tips.

Thanks for sharing.

Barb

jean4u replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Kim, glad you got a furnace! I know, I know you'r a hot mama but......

Barb

jean4u replied to mog1026's response:
Kathy, I know who to ask if I ever go high tech with my phone.

Barb

mefirstforever responded:
Hi Rachael,
Congrats on your new Iphone. There are alot of neet free fitness apps for I phone Like Fitday.com and My fitness pall. Just google free fitness apps for Iphone and go go go !
I don't have a android phone yet but can't wait.

Enjoy
Helene
Helene GW 140 CW 201 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind especially to yourself and smile.

abnersmom responded:
Congrats, Rachael! I love mine too! I use MapMyWalk every time I walk now. It keeps up with my workouts for me. Love it! I also listen to Pandora on it while I'm walking. They have a workout channel with music that helps set the pace. Have fun with your new toy and share what new apps you find. Glad you posted your pic, too. Now, I feel like I know you.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

jean4u replied to abnersmom's response:
That is sooo nice that you can use these to help with your fitness. I can see where that can really help stave off boredom.

Barb

mog1026 replied to rachael2011's response:
Rachael my advice was learned the hard way. They lie when they tell you that putting your baby in a plastic bag full of rice will dry it out. And I might add to all you designers out there that putting pockets in a swimsuit is an invitation for trouble. That said I LOVE my phone! I hardly use a computer anymore because my phone is so convenient. And fun. And educational. And acts as my camera, iPod, weight loss calculator, and much much more. I hope you get as much fun out of yours.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 212.8 GW 165

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 27 years old with a ten month old daughter...I have been heavyset all my life and as i got into high school my weight dropped well ive been going...More

Helpful Tips

Sugar's effect on your body.
An hour and a half long but worth it. I will watch this multiple times until I know it by heart. Sugar leads to the immediate formation of ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.