Skip to content
Zumba
beautifulbuffalo posted:
Does anybody ever do Zumba? I'm 50 with a lot of ailments and arthritis in my body but willing to give it a try at home that is. I used to love to dance, Do they have beginner tapes.
BB

totallywiggedout responded:
BB, I don't but I'm positive you could find some on UTUBE and download to your computer for free. I'd do this before spending money for a tape just to find out it's not for you.
do this....
Zumba videos for beginners UTube
under google search bar
Then just watch some and see if you'd like em, then dwnload and use whenever you need
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 180.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

blondie454u responded:
I have tried it and I liked it. They had a class at the gym where I worked out but they don't have it on my lunch break anymore. It works your whole body.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

pallzy responded:
I love Zumba. I go every week. The instructor that teaches my class makes sure to tell everyone to modify moves if you need to. That way you avoid injury or stress on sensitive joints. Just keep moving. I have not tried any at-home videos though.
5'11 SW 275/GW 160/CW 159

jean4u replied to pallzy's response:
I haven't tried Zumba yet but it looks like something I will try. I keep seeing classes everywhere. A few years back I took kick-boxing and did modify the moves for my knee issues. My knees are worse in my ability to bend them like "normal" knees but that's OK I can still do "my version" and get some exercise.

Great work on maintaining your weight!

Barb

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Kayla and I am a 24 year old graduate student. I have put on about 60 lbs since high school and have been struggling to lose the weight. I ...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.