Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
APRIL GOALS
jean4u posted:
Hi Everyone!

Don't want to get this started too late into the month and NO this isn't an April Fool joke!

Hydrate 64 oz. daily.
Eat cleaner.
Watch sodium.
Portion control.
Stop after dinner snacking (the unplanned ones).
Stop eating the chips.
Move more.
Clear house clutter.

Wow, I was only planning on 3, but it turned into 8 that really need my attention.

As usual I will post weekly progress or derails and re-sets.

Hope everyone had a nice Easter. Summer's not too far off.

Barb

jis4judy responded:
Hi Barb good thing you posted this
My main goal is to get back to my cut off time lately things have been sort of irregular and I had to eat later than I wanted to so back to my no food after 8 PM I stay up till 11 so it is 3 hours before bedtime...
and more water less sweets
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

kalimiller responded:
I want to get my garden area ready for planting - if not start planting by the end of the month.

I also want to get my trees planted this month. The location that we want to plant them is where there was a huge pile of aggregate concrete from the previous owners. I worked this past weekend on moving the concrete and have about 90% of it moved. My legs are killing me. My arms a little bit. But I need to clear the rest of the concrete and till up the ground. Then dig holes to plant the trees. Apple, cherry, peach, and apricot.

I want to do better at cooking meals at home. I've been slacking in that department, but have been a little better recently.

Lastly, I am switching doctors because as of the end of this month I can no longer go to the college's medical center because I am graduating
I think I know where my new doctor will be. I need to get in there and talk to them about my medications for depression and my weight...my husband and I want to start having children sometime soonish...
-Kali

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
-Henry Ford

j9celeste responded:
Hello Barb

I haven't set my April goals yet (I will today), but when I saw that you were going to "eat cleaner" I had to laugh. I hope that it's not Comet...

Celeste
The most exciting, challenging, significant relationship you have is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone who loves the you that YOU love, that's fabulous SW 286 CW 259 GW 165

blondie454u responded:
Mine is too stay on track like always.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

rachael2011 responded:
Thanks for posting this. My goals are to:
Exercise 4 times a week (adding 5 minutes each week. am at 25 min.)
Try to avoid the processed foods and cook at home.
Keep up with the water instead of diet coke.
Start a poetry/ creative writing journal (I tend to get really obsessive w/ the nutrition goals and thought this would help).
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 315 Short term goal-299 Goal weight- Unsure

jean4u replied to j9celeste's response:
Celeste, Ha Ha about the "Comet"......cleaner is the less doctored up foods, less processed stuff.

Barb

jean4u replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy, Yes, it is so easy to get into a new month, you look at the calendar and a week goes by, then another....without setting some goals. This just helps me stay focused and set the mini-goals each day. I hear you when schedules get irregular we need to look at how late our last meal or snack is and set a cut off like you do.

Barb

jean4u replied to kalimiller's response:
Kali, you sure got alot of new things going on. How exciting to be graduating. Clearing that ground was alot of work, too. Sounds like you guys got a litle orchard planned! Good luck in getting a new doctor. I need to get a general family practice one and a OBGYN, too.

Barb

jean4u replied to blondie454u's response:
Amber, that's always good!

Barb

jean4u replied to rachael2011's response:
Rachael, I like that you are branching off from the strictly nutrition goals because we are "whole" people and need outlets that let us be creative. I think when we develop and have these outlets it does help this healthy journey.

I found inspiration in motivational quotes like this one:

I may not be there yet but I'm closer than I was yesterday.

Barb

justmejust replied to jis4judy's response:
Hi everyone,

My April goals are to practice an eating cut off time of 7 or 8 pm, since I go to sleep at 10 or 11 pm.

Replace chocolate snacks with oats, peanut butter, and dark chocolate, or banana, peanut butter, and dark chocolate.

Have one cup of spinach or fresh carrot each day. Have an apple or half grapefruit each day.

Continue to walk a mile to a mile and half each day.

Laura
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

j9celeste responded:

OK...April goals!

Drink 64 ounces of water a day
Log ALL of my food every day
Clean and organize my desk and finish filing
Lose 1-1/2 to 2 pounds a week (I still have about 100 pounds to lose so this is a realistic goal if I stay on track)
Exercise, even a little bit, six days a week

LOVE MYSELF

Celeste
The most exciting, challenging, significant relationship you have is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone who loves the you that YOU love, that's fabulous SW 286 CW 259 GW 165

rohvannyn responded:
I should have jumped in sooner. Awesome thread!

My goals, off the top of my head:

Limit empty calories of whatever type.
Eat more soup/get spouse to make it more.
Have healthier, smaller lunches.
Resist non-fruit sugar sources.
Think of art supplies, not junk.
Be more available for my spouse.
Be more mindful of my mood and my voice.
Draw every day, or at least every other day, and every day on the weekends.
Further reduce clutter in my house.
Continue to eat clean.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

mog1026 replied to j9celeste's response:
Those are good goals for me too. We can do them together.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 212.4. GW 165

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been on a weight loss journey since I was 13. I had a major physical ailment hit me and didn't get to be the active kid that I had been.....More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.