Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
The Artist Diet
rohvannyn posted:
It's my new diet, ha ha... the logic goes "hmmm...pork rinds, or new pencils? Bon bons, or brushes? Expensive energy drinks, or new colors of paint?" The spouse is on board with this too, she has the artist bug. We even got outside and went to a park and drew some trees. I put that on my DeviantArt too. I had a problem with the "reward yourself for good eating" but then again maybe I just hadn't found the right reward. Movies? Flowers? Spa trips? meh. Art materials? Woohoo!
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

jis4judy responded:
I love your new diet plan and reward system You are rocking this life style change Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

blondie454u responded:
Great idea! You do what works for you.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

jean4u responded:
Roh, You found your carrot! WTG, I went to the thrift store and got 2 pairs of capris for $3. Once was an Eddie Bauer brand!

Barb

abnersmom responded:
Way to go, Roh! It's great when you find something that works!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

norma_j responded:
WTG Roh! If it works for you then keep on keeping on down to your ultimate goal! My idea of reward is Landscaping. I make little mini goals and when I reach the goal .. I get a new plant for the yard.
Norma SW 222/ CW 208/ GW 150

If at First, You don't Succeed, Try, Try Again!!!!

Failure is not an option when Success requires just a little more effort!

itsashayduh responded:
That is an awesome reward system. I need to try a reqard system like this!
o.O

rohvannyn replied to itsashayduh's response:
Being poor helps, Itsashayduh! (smile) My drive to buy art materials takes up the money that I would normally waste on junk food of whatever type.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've always been over weight my entire life. Over the past couple years I have been on and off again with diets & joining gyms. About a couple...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.