Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
First Update!
itsashayduh posted:
Hello again every one
So it has been about three weeks since i have wanted a heathier life.
There has not been much change in weight yet. Just in my life style.
So far i have stopped drinking soda, stopped eating heavy snacks at my desk. All i eat at my desk any more is seeds and nuts and sometimes fruit. I have been driking tons of water, coffee (as black as i can stand) and juice.
I went and had a physical (the first one since i was 12) everything looks great and so does my blood work
The next major step is joining the gym. I think i am terrified of this part and i dont know why. I have been to gyms before, but this time, i just really dont want to go. But luckly, i have a husband that is going to go with me to get the membership, so it should help

I hope this next step works!

jis4judy responded:
Hi Itsashayduh
eating nuts and seeds can be high calorie they should be consumed in moderation the water and black coffee is good Juice is a mistake because it is better to eat the whole fruit less calories more fiber and nutrition/ are you logging your foods and drinks in any of the online places like the food planner on WebMD or fitday they have others too the 2 I mentioned are free to use. getting the food right is the most important step exercise is 2nd in importance...
good job on sticking to your plan so far next tweak it some
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

rohvannyn responded:
Great job getting rid of processed/empty calories. That way, even if you eat too many nuts, for example, at least you are getting nutrition. It's important to be mindful of what it's in your healthy snacks, but you are going in the right direction. Also try alternative things such as pumpkin seeds. They have good nutrition and aren't quite so high in calories as other seeds. They are also called pepitas and you can get them shelled.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

itsashayduh responded:
I have not started trcking my food yet. I have done it off and on, but i always forget to track for one day, and then it turns into a week. After that, i just stop tracking all together. But that is something that i just need to get into the habbit of.

And as far as the snacking on nuts and seeds, I do moderate how much of them i am eating. I also try to only get the unsalted or raw if they have them.

And even though i have only been doing this for a little while, i am already feeling better with my joints and tummy issues. Which is a great thing

jis4judy replied to itsashayduh's response:
Hi Again felling better in your joints and tummy is called a NSV (non scale victory) congrats on that that's even better results than weight reduction...
Hugs Judy:)

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

justmejust replied to jis4judy's response:
I forgot about my non scale victories, Judy.

My joints feel better. Also, I can walk more than a mile again now without much back and leg symptoms from agravating an old back injury playing tennis at will with my 15 year old daughter last August. Yay me!
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

jis4judy replied to justmejust's response:
see laura taking better care of ourselves has great benefits\ Yippy for you that's great Hugs Judy:)

totallywiggedout responded:
Hi sash,
You are certainly on the right track with the snack and drink substitutions. With the juice, just be careful and mindful to buy the lowest calorie and healthiest possible choices.
(like the diet V8 Splash ones or something like the Fuse Slenderize ones) something like that is far better than a full on fruit juice in balancing your (sugar) carbs.
Wonderful news on the Dr's checkup. It sort of helps to know that you haven't done irreperable damage with being overweight to this point and that gives you the opportunity to only go up from here.
With the gym membership. It's a good thing. IF you use it. IF your husband sticks to his word about going , and IF you resolve whatever issues you have with being in one.
Personally, I'd suggest doing other activities with your hubby, like walking, Playing catch with a baseball or frisbee, or playing frisbee golf if you have a set up at a nearby park. Don't forget with better weather coming, bocce ball, horseshoes and teatherball are all good and fun exercise to do with a significant other.
The problem with gym memberships is that if you already have notions of not likeing gyms, then that might not change and it's quite expensive.
Just do what feels right atm for you.
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 180.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

totallywiggedout replied to justmejust's response:
Laura, so glad that your back is getting better. That was a pretty bad strain. Nothing like something like that to remind you "we ain't so young anymore, chickipoo".
It does make a difference when we start loosening up the old joints though. Walking is great. It's the best thing for clearing "cobweb clutter" and for lower body aches.
hope you do nothing but improve as you move forward
huggs
k

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

itsashayduh replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Kim

You nailed it. We did not end up going to the gym. We stayed at home, but we did do a bit of yard work.
I think that we could do Frisbee Golf. I have not done that in years. And we have so many beautiful parks that have baskets. It would be quite fun

blondie454u responded:
Great job!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

blondie454u replied to justmejust's response:
Good job!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

totallywiggedout replied to itsashayduh's response:
Well Sash, at least I got one thing right, lol
I can't believe how many people are playing frisbee golf at the park nearest me. I walk that one in the PM with my boxer and there are usually at least 3 groups out there flinging away.
It's beyond me, how these guys can throw a frisbee in the winds that we've been having. Not always to the good though. I watched a guy tonight nail the same spot on a tree with 3 frisbees. Hard not to laugh at how "accurate" he really was. lol
huggs
k

Spotlight: Member Stories

Age 43, In a nutshell, 3 kids, (2 sons ages 24 YEARS old, and 17 MONTHS, with a daughter who just turned 22 yesterday. A 140 mile round trip M-F commu...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.