Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Just checking in
rachael2011 posted:
Good morning everyone! I wanted to check in with the good and the bad to keep myself accountable. Yesterday, I wasn't feeling well (just extremely tired, cold, etc) so I ate 2 pbj sandwiches after breakfast. I have NO IDEA what came over me or why I did it. I hate my unplanned eating bc it means that I am losing control of my eating. Anyway, I got myself together and said, "Start over... just have a lighter lunch (carrots and hummus) and a normal healthy dinner." I did, but the whole incident reminded me that I always have to be vigilant of my bad habits! Always!

Onto the good- I really have cut the processed stuff out of my planned meals. Also having oatmeal/ fruit in the evening seems to be helping as I didn't eat anything else at night this weekend. That was a problem for my first couple weekends doing this. To date, I have lost 15lbs. I know it won't go on like this. It'll eventually taper off to 1-2 lbs a week I am sure, especially since I am not hungry at all. But I am really looking forward to getting under the 300lb mark. Sometimes I can't stand that number. Finally, I have noticed that with taking care of myself on the inside, it does transfer to taking care of myself on the outside. I seem to have more pride in my appearance since starting this. Thanks for listening. Rachael
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 309.2 Short term goal-299 Goal weight- 140
FirstPrevious12NextLast

jis4judy responded:
Congrats on the 15 Pounds that's a great start
and yes it will taper off as you go along . the good thing about losing slowly is it might help reduce the extra skin .. that comes with weigt removal..
What did you have for breakfast ? maybe you need something more filling to avoid the extra eating ...
I really like that you are feeling more pride in your appearance ... that may help you stay on this healthy journey for life ... Just be aware that our not so good habits never really go away they are lurking just waiting for a moment that they can take over again be vigilant is the right way to keep those habits asleep ..
Keep working on this you can get healthier along the way Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jean4u responded:
Rachael, Really GOOD work on the 15 down!!! About the slip, hey, it will happen.....forgive, forget and plan and re-focus.

I find that I have to eat a cup of fresh fruit or a cup of veggies (steamed broccoli or spinach) with a small serving of say 2 eggwhites, or 130 calorie Greek yogurt, or 1/2 cup cottage cheese. I also have a V-8. This is my standard breakfast. I think the volume in the fruit or veggies is what I need to feel full and not want to eat again soon.

Sounds like you are really on a roll and going in a positive direction. It sounds like you are putting that carrot, the getting under 300 mark, out there. That is really a realistic goal.

Stay strong.

I was up 2.4 this a.m. but know totally where it came from and plan to do better.

Barb

rachael2011 replied to jis4judy's response:
Thanks Judy. For breakfast that morning, I had a cup of the 2% cottage cheese and a cup of grapes. I didn't really feel hungry when I ate the sandwiches, just really tired, cold and sick anyway. But I still have problems telling when I am actually hungry, unless my stomach is rumbling.

I totally forgot about the extra skin! That will be something to think about when this slows down. I will try and remind myself of that!

rachael2011 replied to jean4u's response:
Barb, Thanks for putting what you have for breakfast. I learn so much from you guys, like correct portions, coming back from a slip, etc. I hope someday, I can pass on what I have learned from this journey too. Even when I try to help my bf, I feel like a hypocrite being this heavy and trying to give advice on nutrition, etc.
You'll get the 2.4 back off in no time! I am sure of that.

jean4u replied to rachael2011's response:
Rachael, Learning to not eat when we aren't hungry or between meals is just one of these tough things for some of us who got in a habit of just that. It is sort of like quitting smoking. About the giving advice on nutrition, you know what to do...and I think it is good to talk about healthier eating choices. Also good to face up when we slip and how that came about and how to prevent (even though we aren't going to be perfect all the time).

Thanks for the encouragement on the 2.4.

Visualize 299! You can do this!

Barb

totallywiggedout responded:
OMG Rachael! You are averaging something like 2lbs a day!!!! WOW! Just be careful and get enough nutrients.
You are right. This pace won't last. For the first couple of months of my journey, I was losing like gangbusters.... but Before this, I'd never liked water, so I drank ALOT of pop. Even with diet soda, which I also didn't do too often, it was high sodium and just made me retain so much water..... that's mostly what you lose in the beginning, water weight.
Just stay strong. Even an occasional pb&j isn't gonna throw you from the cart.
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 180.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

totallywiggedout replied to rachael2011's response:
Rachael, I forgot. The best way to tell if your body is "hungry" or thirsty...... if you want to eat, first drink a full 16-20 oz of water. Wait 10 min. If still got the hungries. Eat something with high fiber and low cals. Like baby carrots, a pumpkin smoothie, a few prunes or a couple cups of air popped popcorn, something like that while sipping another 8 oz of water. If it's between meals, this should curb that hungriness without throwing you over on daily calories.
Fiber loves water, don't forget so make sure you drink enough to let the fiber do it's intended job.
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 180.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

itsashayduh responded:
That is great that ou have lost the weight in such a short time. Just keep the dedication up!!

You know, i did see a quote the other day and it really spoke to me. It said something like "Which would you rather have? The junk food you have been craving for an hour, or the body you have been wanting for years!" and that really spoke to me. Since reading that, before i grab any jusnk food, i tell ny self that and it help

-Sash

kalimiller responded:
I had a NSV yesterday. I was feeling really sad and asked my husband to get me some ice cream. I sat down on the couch with my ice cream and when the spoon was halfway to my mouth I thought to myself, "This isn't going to make me feel better!" I ended up not eating any of it and having it put back into the freezer. And I am very glad that I did.
-Kali

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
-Henry Ford

blondie454u responded:
Congrats on the loss! You're doing great. Slow and steady wins the race.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

rachael2011 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hi Kim- Thanks. Great advice on the hunger thing! I suspect that I am eating enough and most of the time, I am really not hungry. I still do pretty large portions though. Does your stomach actually shrink when you start to eat less? I mean feel full on less food? Want to Google that.

rachael2011 replied to blondie454u's response:
Sash and Amber, Thanks for the encouragement!

rachael2011 replied to kalimiller's response:
Hi Kali- That is an AWESOME NSV! You actually had it in your hands and was able to tell yourself "nope". You have got to feel great about that!

jis4judy replied to kalimiller's response:
wow that's an awesome NSV I am doing a happy dance with multi color pom poms I don;t think I could do that myself I am still totally addicted to ice cream even after 10 years on my healthy journey..
You are really rocking this journey
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have always had a job that involved being at a computer..resulting in health related issues, the biggest one is my weight. I just retired (I think) ...More

Helpful Tips

Working Out
OMG I had a very hard time getting out of the bed this morning to go to the gym. I'm not a morning person, but this morning it was awful. ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.