Skip to content
Good news
justmejust posted:
Hi everyone! Hope all are doing well.

Today I am focusing on good news. My back and leg pain is greatly reduced to three out of ten. That is down from a high of eight to ten out of ten last winter after re-injury from intense tennis sessions with my teen.

Today I am proud to say that I am walking regularly about one and a half miles most days. That is up from zero miles last winter. Yay me!

How is everyone else's exercise routine going?

Have a great day all!
Laura
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

itsashayduh responded:
That is great to hear Laura!!
I know the feeling of not being able to do much due to a physical injury. I just started getting mobility and strength back in my hips and knee from surgeries that were over 2 years ago. But now, they are feeling great!
And as far as my exercise routine goes. I just realized that i LOVE to dance. So that might be a new work out routine for me. We will see how it goes. The first day of this routine was today.

-Sash

justmejust replied to itsashayduh's response:
That's great Sash! How did you find the dance class?
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

itsashayduh replied to justmejust's response:
As far as the classes, i dont think i am brave enough to go to one yett. I need to build my self esteam a little bit first.
But i just found videos on youtube and got my 5 pound wieghts to make it a little more of a work out. You would be suprised with how fun it is and how much you start to sweat after just a minute or two.
--Sash =)
SW 190 - CW 186 - GW 120

totallywiggedout responded:
Good for you Laura!
So happy that your pain is dissapating enough for you to enjoy your walks more. Yay you is right!
My walking amount isn't increasing but my time is decreasing. I had a woman insinuate herself into my walk on Monday and with her talking almost nonstop and my not being used to company other than my dog, I found myself trying to keep pace with her. Which in turn made me work harder and sweat more than usual. She's not been there since, but I've now got a mental picture of how my breathing and heartrate needs to be , and the approx time it should take at that pace for my mile. I've actually pushed when I've felt myself lagging the last couple of mornings so as not to get "lazy" lol.
keep up the good work and attitude Laura. This is our year to shine, sweets.
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 180.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

totallywiggedout replied to itsashayduh's response:
Sash, it's always nice to find something that you love to do. The added plus to this is it's exercise in sheep's clothing
The time will pass more quickly since you are doing something that doesn't feel like work.
huggs
k

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

justmejust replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Great job picking up the speed in your walk Kim! I will try that as soon as I am able and ready! How far is your walk?
L
Laura

totallywiggedout replied to justmejust's response:
Laura, I do a mile on a gravel path walkway around the restoration park. Has some slight inclines and declines too. On the first marsh overlook I stop and do 20 railing pushups. I was doing that at all 3 overlooks but I'm focusing on keeping my heartrate up right now to see if it boosts my metabolism.
Then in the pm 3-4 nights a week I walk on a paved circle track that is 1/2 a mile. Since I take my older dog, Bowzer , with me, we only do the one time around that, which is enough.
Then I do Wii fitness, and Wii tennis, and Wii baseball about 3 nights a week to for a total of 40 min. to break up the monotony.
huggs
k

itsashayduh replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Kim,
That is a great work out routine! I think now that i realise how much i like dancing, i am going to try and add in somethings to mix it up. You have your routine with plenty of mix up.
Out of all of them, what one do you enjoy the most?
--Sash =)
SW 190 - CW 186 - GW 120

totallywiggedout replied to itsashayduh's response:
Sash, I like em all for different reasons. At first the Wii was the easiest form of fun exercise I could think of. It was convenient too because I could do it when it got crappy outside. It's easy on the knees and hip because I don't move my feet around too much, but esp with the baseball home run practice, I can break a sweat if I do it a few times in a row. Same thing with the 3 games out of 5 tennis.... fun
The am walk, gets me going for the day. I like the feeling that I've accomplished at least that, even if something happens later on that makes it impossible to do much else. It's like my ace in the hole.
The evening walks are nice because it's slower paced and gives me time after dinner to just unwind.
You just find your groove, whatever you like , as long as your body is in motion, you are burning calories.
huggs
k

tnmist responded:
Laura, good for you! I appreciate all the responses. I'm still a bit overwhelmed with food choices AND exercise, so at the moment I'm more focused on food and trying to sleep at night and trying to get out to do yard work as much as I am able...and I'm back on track with nixing the nightime food.
Misty
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

jean4u responded:
Hi Laura, good that the pain is going and getting to be less. Hard to think about moving when you are hurting. Good for the walking routine. I like to mallwalk about 4-5 times for 1 hr., but 30 min. if I can't do a full hr.. I also do elliptical for 1 hr. 4-5 times a week. Bowl 4 games once a week. Ballroom dance 1 x a week.

Really finding food wise, cutting back on the night snacking is key to maintaining my weight.

Keep up your good work!

Barb

jean4u replied to itsashayduh's response:
Sash, good that you are getting back on track after the hip and knee recoveries. We got to experiment with exercise and find the things we will continue. Great that you discovered dancing!

Barb

jean4u replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Kim, Looks like you are changing up your walks and with the additional Wii-time you are doing what is neeeded to break the boredom. I used to think I could do the same workout each day, but that just doesn't work long term. So it's my morning short routine (before I leave bedroom), later elliptical (before DH "car-naps" me), then mall walk; 4 bowling games per week, 1 ballroom dance night. No problem sleeping for me!

Did think about chips late last night. Got up and (I keep bananas frozen) so I cut up a banana drizzled a bit of low cal chocolate sauce on it and sprinkled a few chopped nuts. No it wasn't chips but the chew on the frozen banana satisfied me.

BTW, sounds like you are on a good streak! Keep at it!

Barb

jean4u replied to tnmist's response:
Misty, all I can say is it took me well over 3 yrs. to get to whereI I am. I did not do all the "healthy" things I know about now at one time. I would read and read about eating healthy, drinking the 64 oz. and exercising.....waay too much for me to think about let alone do.

I had to start with the eating, I don't mean snacking, I mean eating all night. This was hard but I had to start somewhere. Then the next phase was to eat healthier. I didn't even get to the 64 oz. water phase until a year later. Exercise was slow to come, too. I think reading the posts and posing was the thing that kept me shlepping in the right direction.

So, what you say about focusing on food choices and sleep is good. In this war, we got to choose our battles and if we take on too much, too soon.......well you know....

Remember each night we say "NO" to night time unplanned food, that is a WIN for us!!!

Barb

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Renee. I am 29 years old, a wife and have a four year old daughter. I am currently going to school to get my ASN and become a registered nu...More

Helpful Tips

Sugar: All you need to know
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kristin-kirkpatrick-ms-rd-ld/dangers-of-sugar_b_3658061.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.