Skip to content
Madamoiselle Plateau ooh la la
mog1026 posted:
So I'm officially settled into a plateau according to my Internet sources since I've spent 2 weeks bouncing around 212 and 213. Frustrating for sure and I tried bumping up my calories to no avail, but one writer gave me a better way to look at this besides throwing up my hands in disgust. I need to see this as my body adjusting itself to the previous loss and a chance for my brain to see what I should be eating to maintain a weight loss. It's a body and brain learning opportunity. And hopefully a slower loss over time will help me keep the weight off. It's not all bad and if I stay the course and continue with the calories that got me here I will begin to lose again. It sounds like good advice, doesn't it?
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 212.8 GW 165

jis4judy responded:
Yes it does sound good Just continue on and see if it starts again... I never noticed any plateaus maybe because I varied my cals from the beginning and only weighed in once a month
so there could have been a 2 week no loss going on I wasn;t aware of ..
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mog1026 replied to jis4judy's response:
Oh that's a big advantage of weighing less frequently that I hadn't thought of, Judy. Thanks for the hug
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 212.8 GW 165

j9celeste responded:
Hey Kathy

I always think of it as my body catching up with the scale

Celeste
The most exciting, challenging, significant relationship you have is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone who loves the you that YOU love, that's fabulous SW 286 CW 256 GW 165

jean4u responded:
Kathy, I'm glad you found something that helps make sense of your static weight. I can see that what that writer said about "the body adjusting itself to the previous loss" sounds like something I went through, too. In this journey we want so much to see results, like geting the paycheck for a weeks work but it just doesn't like that. Sometimes the check is in the mail...snail mail at that! LOL

I weigh and record daily and I can see from over three years ago what my pattern was. Got to say, I love seeing those high #'s now and know that I can and have maintained my low #'s for over a year now.

Barb

jean4u replied to j9celeste's response:
Celeste, that is so true, even your body takes time to show the results of healthy eating and movement.

How you doing with the Cortisone and PT?

Barb

jean4u replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy, I don't think I could stay on this journey with only monthly weigh ins. I changed my thinking about the scale as being negative and put it in the it's just a tool to give me information that I need. But everybody is different and that's why this board is so useful. When I started I hadn't weighed myself in years, I just would buy bigger clothes. I really wasn't thinking I had to weigh a certain amount, I just wanted to get smaller! LOL

Barb

P.S. How's the stove fix-it project coming? In the works, I hope.

jis4judy replied to jean4u's response:
Hi Barb in the beginning of my journey weight wasn't my issue so I didn;t weigh in till I noticed weight coming off .
remember I wasn;' trying to remove weight because I thought it was impossible I was just eating as healthy as I could to heal my body so once I saw it was helping my body to shed excess weight that's when I began weighing
myself and since
I had 100 pounds in excess fat I figured it was going to take a long time that's when I decided to weigh in once a month since maintaining I weigh more often almost daily sometimes I forget to get on the scale like this morning ..
About the oven the part has not arrived yet so if it doesn't come today or tomorrow I doubt it will be fixed Monday as planned.. this cooking without the oven and broiler is difficult for me that's for sure Maybe I will go out today and buy a toaster oven maybe I could use that till it gets fixed .
I think it is funny when I saw the eye doc and he said my eyes were good I had a big feeing of relief

because everything else was on the fritz so I was not optimistic about my eyes My eye doc asked why I was doubting it so I told him all that went wrong he even said wow that's lot of turmoil so I said I am so happy that my health is still good LOL
he said yes health is everything as long as that is good
everything else is going to be fine //

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

Hellooooo new friend! Heavenly 211. I finally dropped a pound! Now I just have to make sure 212 is gone forever. I was really tired of that number. Sorry to obsess about the number on the scale but I can't seem to help it. But then again that's what this is all about. To get healthy I need to get that number way down. And not get discouraged. Thanks for your help in that direction everybody!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 211.8 GW 165

totallywiggedout replied to mog1026's response:
WOOOOOOOT! YOU GO GIRL! Kathy , you are again on your way. Just be diligent today and watch the cravings cause they tend to sneak up and say, "hey, you lost a lb.... INDULGE a little, BAHAHAHHAAAAA (evil laugh here)"
Stay strong
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 180.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

So Judy, do you think those appliance problems could be catchy. Bought a new dishwasher in January AFTER putting $250 into the old one to try and fix it. Now the new one is unusable. My DH who has never put anything into the dishwasher in his life it seems, decided to help my poor knees and put the dinner dishes in. Somehow he missed the silverware basket and dropped a steak knife below the heating element. It was a cheap knife from who knows where with a plastic handle. The handle melted onto the heating element with a death grip and filled the house in the night with a terrible odor. We couldn't imagine what it was until the next day when I opened the dishwasher. Since that night we have scraped away the plastic and run the dishwasher at least 20 times with soap, baking soda and vinegar and the smell is still awful once it gets hot. I don't even want to talk about how the full load of dishes smell. A Maytag factory repairman is coming Saturday to see if the stink has gotten into the insulation. How crazy is this?
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 211.8 GW 165

rachael2011 replied to mog1026's response:
Yeah Kathy! Am so happy for you finally breaking that frustrating number. I havent posted but have been checking the board from the ocean Have been thinking about you guys.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 309.2 Short term goal-299 Goal weight- 140

totallywiggedout replied to mog1026's response:
Kathy, ROFLMAO!
I'd never even heard of those plastic handles melting like that. Thank You for telling me this. We've got a really old non working dishwasher here in this rental house and I was thinking of just having the landlord take it away so that I can get a new one. I'm tossing this idea around but also thinking that I could enclose the space a bit to make it adaptable to hold a "college dorm" sized mini fridge for extra veggie space, lol. Not sure which I need or want more at this point.
I hope that this repairman won't cost you an arm and a leg, but your situation does sound about as crazy as one of those Abbot and Costello "who's on first" scenes.... Crazy Baby!
huggs
k

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

totallywiggedout replied to rachael2011's response:
You're at the ocean??? And you didn't take MEEEEE??!! Waaaaaaah!
hope you are having fun..... without me (sob)
huggs
k

jis4judy replied to mog1026's response:
well Kathy breaking the plateau is awesome but a stinky dishwasher that is a bit different I think human error caused that one ...no not catchy LOl
Good luck with the repairs..
I am still waiting for my stove parts to come ...
took a nice walk in the cold rain today got rid of some of my frustration LOL

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Diane and it seems like I always have had problems with my weight. As a young girl, around 10, I would get up in the middle of the night an...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Link to the WebMD Food and Fitness Planner
To let people know how to find it, go to WebMD home page it's listed on there, but here's the easy link for you ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.