Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Dance the weight off!
itsashayduh posted:
So
In an earlier post, i said that i was not brave enough to go to a dancing class because i would like to build up my seof esteam first. Well, last night, one of my best frineds and i went to a Zumba Class! IT WAS A BLAST! And we are going again tonight

I am very excited to find out what works for me. I have been attempting to lose weight for about two years now and keep giving up only weeks into it. But i think this time, i am going to stick to it and be fit in no time!!

Just in the past 2 weeks, i have stopped drinking soda, eating at my desk (other than seeds and nuts), Stopped eating processed foods, i have taken the stair (3 floors) at work ever day 4 times a day and i have started a dance class. I dont think i have felt this good about my self in a very long time!

I also want to thank you all for being such insperation!! I think being part of
this community has honestly truely helped!!
--Sash =)
SW 190 - CW 186 - GW 120

totallywiggedout responded:
Sash, I am absolutely tickled Pink for you!
Gosh, I simply cannot tell you how happy I am that you went to a zumba class and LOVED it. I am almost as happy that your confidence is rising as you are!
I'm very proud that as a member of this community , we have helped you , ourselves and others.
You are becoming an inspiration here, in your own right. You know?
And the STAIRS! wowza! I'm sure your metabolism is getting revved with all that extra exercise you've been doing. And just think about what that extra blood flow to your brain is doing for you too! Super good work
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 180.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

mog1026 responded:
Wow! It's wonderful that you went to the class and even more wonderful that you loved it. I'm really happy for you! Every little step is a victory and I think you WILL make it this time. Look at all the little and big steps you've taken already. Way to go!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 212.8 GW 165

itsashayduh responded:
See, and that is what i am saying!
Just being in this community make you realized that you can do it! It is just so amazing to have so many people helping you succeed! And to return the favor.
--Sash =)
SW 190 - CW 186 - GW 120

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
wow that is a win win you get exercise and have fun doing it
and the self esteem boost is a bonus..
I am doing my Happy dance for you and waving multicolored pom poms
keep up the good work ..
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

itsashayduh replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy
How long did it take you to drop almost 100lbs? And what worked best for you?
--Sash =)
SW 190 - CW 186 - GW 120

jis4judy replied to itsashayduh's response:
Hi Sash Most of my weight was removed at about 10 pounds a month for the first 5 months then it went to 6 pounds a month for about 5 months about a year to get close to 92 pounds off the last 9 or 10 took another year still working on the last 4 pounds ,,,may never happen ...
My focus wasn't removing weight I was trying to eat as close to nature as possible by avoiding processed foods to give my body the nutrients it needed to heal itself I was trying to repair my eyes with better food choices the weight loss was a surprise .. so was the asthma going away another unexpected benefit.. I avoid anything that is considered "diet food" things that screem diet are traps ... I was carful to not buy anything with artificial sweeteners and trans fats those were my best things and of course the cut off time ..

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jis4judy replied to jis4judy's response:
another thing sash logging all my foods in fitday helped as well as talking thing out with all the members on this board. I had already been walking for exercise before I changed my food ..
I use a lot of self talk to convince myself that I don't really need extra food...I also use a food scale to get better calorie counts for my meats fruits and nuts I eyeball my vegies I only weigh the sweet potatoes and other potatoes

tnmist responded:
Joining in the celebration dance for you, Sash. Woot!
Misty
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

jean4u responded:
Sash, soo happy that you are continuing to find things that work for YOU!

Also, that you are a regular poster. That helps you and others on this journey. When it gets tough we are here. Also to cheer you on, WTG!!!

Barb

itsashayduh replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy.
That would be a great suprise to lose weight. That is the next big step that i am going to do is manage me food better. I have gotten most of the processed food out and i dont mindlessly snack any more. But my portion sizes are still pretty high. And that needs to change. I am constantly eating to the point that i feel so full that i am going to explode. I dont think that is to healthy in the first place. But i just dont stop untill i can hardly swallow that last bite.
--Sash =)
SW 190 - CW 186 - GW 120

rachael2011 responded:
Sash Am joining in the dance for you. Way to go! So glad you enjoyed the zumba, are doing your stairs and are watching your foods. You are doing great! Rachael
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 309.2 Short term goal-299 Goal weight- 140

abnersmom responded:
Congrats Sash on making such wonderfully healthy changes, TYou make me want to try the Zumba.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

itsashayduh responded:
Thank you all for the support and for doing the happy dance for me

Debbie, you really should try! it is a blast!! I think every one should just try it once. If you look on youtube, there is all kinds of dances such as low impact, slow and steady, fast paced and everything in between.
--Sash =)
SW 190 - CW 186 - GW 120

blondie454u responded:
That's great Sash!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi My Name is Tia. I am 44 years old. I have struggled with my weight all of my life. I can remember dieting as a teenager. I weighed about 155 in hig...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.