Skip to content
Still working on this weight thing
ausgram posted:
Howdy everyone. I'm back. ha ha! Talk about struggle. WOW! I keep telling myself, "you can't eat good cause you live so far from the stores and don't drive anymore." I am trying to not eat stuff thats not good for my body. I quit having goodies in the house. No more ice cream, no more cookies, no more potato chips, etc. Doing great with that. AND for the good news, I have lost 3 lbs, but look how long it took. Now I'm at 191 and been there for weeeeeeeeeeks. ughs! Judy you are so encouraging when you told me several months ago, that you are 70 also and lost your weight. So I keep trying. I have been in a great deal of pain in my side, which the doctors tell me its nothing. I had an ulra sound and a CT-scan, comes up normal. But what is this pain then? They don't know. So I live with it. I'm hoping dropping some weight will cure it. *sigh*

jis4judy responded:
Hi ausgram , Nice to see a post from you and good job on those 3 pounds It can take a while to get to the pint of removing excess pounds . Now a pain in the side could be anything from gas to a muscle ache since nothing was found with all the scans it just maybe gas or a muscle pull ... sometimes the excess weight can pull on your core muscles and cause pain I used to get all kinds of aches and pains hen I was obese Hang in there and eat as healthy as you can
I started going lower fat consumption then morphed into a more balanced approach ...
Keep working on it you will eventually get the weight off and start moving more ...Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout responded:
AUSSSSSSSEEEEEE!
So good to see you back! Sorry to hear about your side pain. Glad to hear that it's nothing medical though. I agree with Judy, it's probably a muscle "pull", and yeh, even if you've had it for awhile they TAKE awhile to get better.
Grats on that 3lb loss. Don't knock it, Aus. That's a major step in the right direction. Pick up a bag of sugar and look at it. That's 3 lbs. And it's significant.
Good work on paring down what comes into your house to eat. Even if you can't find everything good for you that we discuss, having less or none of the bad stuff around will certainly make a difference, and obviously , already has.
TRY NOT TO BE A STRANGER! lol we missed you
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 180.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

abnersmom responded:
Welcome back! Congrats on the 3 lbs. It's a slow process but it's so worth it. Hope your side gets better soon.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

abnersmom responded:
Welcome back and congrats on the 3 lb loss!! It's a slow process but so worth it. Hope your side feels better soon.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

ausgram replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Well, thank you everyone, I mean Judy, Kim and Debbie. ha ha. I hit a miracle today. We were at this couples house for a chicken, baked mind you, dinner and I didn't eat dessert. I didn't eat dessert!!! My favorite - white cake. Oooooooooooo! I was proud of myself for turning it down. Now, THAT was a miracle. Ha ha.
Thank you for missing me, huh, never new that would happen. I should be able to get back to walking, the snows have quit and the ground is dry "for a while". ha ha. Thanks for all the encouragement. I REALLY REALLY appreciate it.

tnmist replied to ausgram's response:
It IS good to hear from you! Hope you post more often, too. I may be younger, but I haven't lost much either, yet, but like I've posted before, I can't change EVERYTHING all at once, and I'm trying to focus on the food end of things and more regular sleep and more water. I will get to regular exercise, but I admit I'm not doing anything regularly yet. Although, my yard work is picking up now, so that will help.

Okay, ya'll. Here it is. I'm not ready to post it in my signature line, but I'll whisper real quick...I'm 5 feet 8 inches and topped out at 364. I'm at about 358 now. If that makes others not feel so bad, that's okay, too, LOL. I'm not giving up.
Misty
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

totallywiggedout replied to ausgram's response:
Aus, were these people FRIENDS?? I'm stressing WERE here because anyone who tempts you with a beloved cake should be looked at closely to see if they have devil's horns, lol
Even Angel Food is suspect, you know? and Devil's Food is obviously on the side of the enemy....
You did well to resist. Congratulations on your mini miracle and your BIG NSV!!
I've been thinking with all the rain we've been having that a pair of "Wellies" may be in my near future. They call em muck boots down here though , but at least they come in some very cute color patterns.
huggs
k

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

jis4judy replied to ausgram's response:
wow a NSV miracle not trying the cake You should be proud of yourself I am doing a Happy dance you deserve pom poms waving too
Hugs Judy:)

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout replied to tnmist's response:
Misty,
Hey girl! You've lost 6 lbs! Good for you! rah rah SHISH boom bah!
A little at a time. It teaches you better for the long run.
What is your goal weight? You are pretty tall, from my pt of view, since I'm only 5'4.
Yard work is excellant exercise. Wear good gloves though.
I raked and mowed last weekend and my (bleeding) blisters are only just now beginning to scab over.
Working on the food end is a big challenge. Not just making healthier choices but decreasing portion sizes too. It's a major undertaking.
I found that buying Toddler bowls and sectioned plates helped me alot when it came to eyeballing the correct portion sizes and "fooling" my brain into thinking that I wasn't depriving myself of a full plate food or bowl of cereal .
The problem with plates and bowls and glassware now on the market is that they are so big. HUGE compared to the sizes from the 50s and 60s. Look at teacups vs coffee "mugs" now and you'll get what I mean.
Toddler sizes are actually correct for full sized ADULT meal portions. I buy these really sturdy ones made from recycled plastics from Walmart. Bowls and sectioned plates are about 3.75 for a set of 3 in pastel colors.
If you are having troubles looking at "all that plate" around your dinky meal portion or "WAY" down deep into that huge bowl for your oatmeal in the bottom.... you may also consider these baby items.
huggs
k

tnmist replied to jis4judy's response:
Ditto!! I got carried away with "waving hello" to you that I forgot to do the happy dance for you! Good job on resisting there. I know it's hard. Well, we all know, right? You deserve to pat yourself on the back. Well done.
Misty
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

jis4judy replied to tnmist's response:
That's right Misty we never give up congrats on the 6 pounds a great start .. you deserve a happy dance with pompoms waving I am doing one for you even though it is so late I can at least wiggle my tushie

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
LOL Judy.... I'm envisioning you wiggling your tushie
God, you really are my hero!
At 70 my gramma could barely get out of her chair!
huggs
k

tnmist replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Thank you Kim. Not sure those lbs will hold after this last weekend, but as ya'll tell us, just need to shake it off and move ahead.

Interesting tips on smaller plates and bowls. Thanks

I've always wanted to shoot for 150, but, honestly, I'm just going to try to focus on short-term goals and see where it takes me. Just thinking of the 100s totally overwhelms me.
Misty

jis4judy replied to tnmist's response:
Good thought Misty just do this 5 pounds at a time they eventually add up ... thinking of big numbers is very overwhelming and seems impossible but 5 pounds that's ok then do another 5 pounds .

Spotlight: Member Stories

All my life I have been considered bigger than everyone else. I used to blame it on my asthma and allergies. I decided to put a stop to it. I am t...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.