Skip to content
I guess I dodged a catastophy
jis4judy posted:
this morning we were waiting for the stove repair man
Hubby and I were going to go into Boston to watch the marathon if the repair guy came early he was scheduled to come between 7am and 12 pm they were running late and came around 1 pm / Kept us out of the city were bombs were going off around the finish line.. weird stuff.
to think I was angry at the repair guy because I was missing my day out I should thank him ..
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

FirstPrevious12NextLast

tnmist responded:
So glad you are safe. I get shivers just reading your note.
Misty
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

mog1026 responded:
Oh Wow, so close. What a terrible mess. Glad you missed the trauma and chaos in person, but Boston! It makes me want to cry. I used to think the craziness was someplace else, but it's all around us. Funny, I don't know why but I imagined you were somewhere in the Deep South, Judy.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 210 GW 165

jean4u responded:
Judy, Thank Goodness you were detained from going to that herefic event. I have NO desire to go where alot of crowds are due to the "crazies" out there that want to destroy lives.

Are you just in shock what could have happened? Your life could have been changed forever. Sounds like "something" didn't want you to go to that Boston Marathon!

BTW, I was wondering if your stove got fixed......hope so.

Barb

jis4judy replied to jean4u's response:
yes The Stove is fixed took only a few minutes they had to replace it;s brain ... Barb we never went to the maration ever and we were thinking we should see one and it is a good thing the repair guys were late I hated waiting around but now happy I didn;t get to go and mad as hell someone spoiled the day and hurt so many people. it is weird . how some minds work..I am still in a bit of shock .. and I didn't exercise yesterday unless pacing the floor waiting counts
ate a bit too much too all i did in the after noon was watch the footage of the disaster..

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jis4judy replied to mog1026's response:
well Kathy I did go to High school in Phoenix AZ that's kinda south west of here... I am south west of Boston right now/
I am glad I missed it too ..
interesting how we perceive someone and where they come from like Kim she is living in the south but is originally from Michigan .

jis4judy replied to tnmist's response:
thanks Misty I get shivers myself thinking about it

abnersmom responded:
Judy, So glad that repairman was late and you weren't in harm's way. Tragic situation. I must say that I am so glad that we are all still shocked and disbelieving when something like this happens. I surely hope and pray that we never get used to it even though tragedies of human doing seem to be happening more frequently.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

blondie454u responded:
Glad you was derailed from your plans for your safety. Also glad your stove is fixed.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

j9celeste responded:
Judy -

Something like this always makes me think about and appreciate my life. I am so happy that your repair guy was late. I personally don't believe there is such a thing as a coincidence.

Celeste
The most exciting, challenging, significant relationship you have is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone who loves the you that YOU love, that's fabulous SW 286 CW 255 GW 165

jean4u replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy, glad you got the stove working. All we can do is appreciate the life we have because we never know when it can be taken away. Also send prayers to those marked by this tragedy. I think the really troubling thing that we share is the senselessness and magnitude of this evil act.

Must focus on the positive.

Barb

rohvannyn responded:
Glad you are okay, Judy... and everyone else. Go to the marathon next year. I think I'll make a point to go to an event like that in the future, or several, or maybe even participate... it's the best way to "rage against the dying of the light." I want to prove that terrorists of whatever stripe can't win, that they won't frighten me out of doing life affirming things. It's not to put myself in danger, but to defy those who want to keep us isolated and afraid.

I may do a poem today, or maybe a drawing... something so I feel the emotions and don't distance myself from them.

Be safe out there, my friends, but be free.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

itsashayduh replied to rohvannyn's response:
I do agree. This week end on Saturday, down here in Salt Lake City, Utah, we are having a marothon. It is expected to have 5,000-7,000 people. They were going to shut it down in fear of the Boston bombing. But they decided against it.
That is kind of scary, but it does prove a point.

And below is soeething that from Mister Rogers regarding 9/11

Mister Rogers shared much wisdom during his lifetime. Perhaps none as meaningful as the message he shared to comfort children after the 9/11 bombing. These words still bring comfort to me, and I hope they do for you, as well. "When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.' To this day, especially in times of 'disaster,' I remember my mother's words, and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers — so many caring people in this world." As I watch the news coverage out of Boston today, I see the helpers everywhere, comforting those who are injured and frightened. We are fortunate to have such people among us.
--Sash =)
SW 190 - CW 186 - GW 120

rachael2011 replied to rohvannyn's response:
Roh- Very well put. Have been trying to put my emotions into words, and there they were in your post. Am so glad everyone is safe. Rachael
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 308.0 Short term goal-299 Goal weight- unsure

totallywiggedout responded:
Judy.
Like Celeste, I don't put much truck in coincedences. I'm glad something "came up" that stopped you from going to watch the marathon. I'm glad that you got your stove fixed, I'm glad that it was later than you had originally planned on it being and I'm glad that you and your husband were spared that devestation in person.
Roh says it best though. If we cannot or will not live our lives because of "what might happen" then there's no point in being alive or living in a "free country". We simply must rage against the machine of evil and madness of terrorists.
And make no mistake. I don't care if the people behind this and other atrocities are born and raised Americans, if they set out to hurt, maim and kill.... to create terror where there was once nothing but joy.... they ARE terrorists. Every single one of them should be treated as such once caught.

Don't let your fear of what possibly might happen... because life is full of wondrous possibilities too.
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 180.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

Spotlight: Member Stories

My partner and I have six children-the oldest three are grown up and on their own. The younger three are 16, 14, and 11. My 74 yo mother lives with ...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.