Skip to content
Not Letting Life Derail You!
blondie454u posted:
I know you guys like to read some motivational posts so here is one going back to my No Excuses discussion.

My schedule had to change due to work. Apparently when you're a salary employee, which I am, you don't get breaks but an hour for lunch. Well I can't do my walk/running using those breaks any more unless I take it off my lunch break. I don't want to do that because I still want to go to the gym during lunch. Also there have been some problems on the school bus with my children to where they don't need to be riding the bus. They both go to school 10 miles in separate directions. I am now getting up at 4am so I can talk my run or walk because I don't want to give it up. Also so I can leave the house by 6:50am in order to get the kids to school on time. The evenings are too crazy for me do my exercise then and my legs probably couldn't handle an end of the day work out. I was just letting you guys know that I don't give up and to put some inspiration out there for you.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

jis4judy responded:
wow that's a busy Mom and she is finding a way to manage it all very inspirational
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout responded:
Wow, Amber! Terrible that they took your breaks away. I don't think I've ever heard of that for Any employee. Seems that that should be against labor policies. I thought they had to give you a break every 3-4 hours.
Sad for you.
4am..... I don't think I've EVER had that sort of commitment to ANYTHING, lol. It's good that you do, but , wowza. lol
It is inspirational though. You don't let anything get in the way of what you need to do to succeed.
Now if you could only figure out a way to cram another 4 hours into the day.......
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 180.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jean4u responded:
Amber, sorry to hear about the changes at work that took away breaks and those problems with the school bus. Good to hear you are not giving up. Just be careful as you have to drive more and I know you will have to be extra organized the night before. My daughter got a suitcase-like bag that has all kinds of zipper compartments where she can put her laptop AND workout clothes. It has rollers, too!

Sending a hug! You will get through this bump in the road. Let us know how you do when you have time.

Barb

mog1026 responded:
Amber, you never cease to inspire me. This is one of those situations where if the Undercover Boss worked with you he would give you a big promotion, College money for your kids, and a trip to Disney world. You would deserve it because anyone with that much discipline and commitment would be a great employee and a great MOM to boot!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 210 GW 165

abnersmom responded:
Amber, That is a tough schedule. I am full of admiration for your commitment to your health and how you won't let anything stop you. You inspired me to walk at lunch and it has made a huge difference in my consistency in getting the exercise in. Yesterday was very hot and I got quite sweaty on my walk at lunch, so I think I shall have to soon go back to my afternoon walks. I hope I can stay as dedicated to it as you are.

Sorry about the bus issues for your kids too. You're a great mom to get them out of a bad situation though!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

blondie454u replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Well technically my lunch is my 4 hour break. That's why if you take an hour for lunch you don't get breaks in between. I do have the option to use part of my lunch for other breaks. I just chose not to because I want to go to the gym during lunch. My goal is to workout a total of 2 hours a day because I want to eat like a hobbit. I know I don't have to but that's what I want.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

blondie454u replied to mog1026's response:
Thanks Kathy! If I wasn't working I would have tears out of my eyes right now! Reading this post gave me joyful tears. I don't look at it as just being inspirational but doing what I am suppose to do in order to achieve what I want the right way.

blondie454u replied to abnersmom's response:
Thanks Debbie! This means so much to me that I inspired you. I want to inspire the world. One day at a time. Can I post this portion of you reply on FB?

" I am full of admiration for your commitment to your health and how you won't let anything stop you. You inspired me to walk at lunch and it has made a huge difference in my consistency in getting the exercise in. Yesterday was very hot and I got quite sweaty on my walk at lunch, so I think I shall have to soon go back to my afternoon walks. I hope I can stay as dedicated to it as you are. "

I like to share with others that I am not the only one that can do this.

jis4judy replied to blondie454u's response:
Hi Amber I thought you were posting a story from someone else Lol But it is true you are a busy Mom and you inspire everyone that reads this ... I read it and the responses over again , I still think of you with 1 son I guess I forgot about your step daughter shame on me .. that's a long way to school for the kids why no school buses?

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

blondie454u replied to jis4judy's response:
We have school buses but my step daughter is having issues on the bus that she wouldn't take care of nor did she tell us about it until it was too late. My son also as bully and he won't do anything about it. She is in highschool which is in town and my son is in 7th grade and his school is an elementary school which is in the woods basically. Each school is 10 miles in the opposite direction for our house. We have preached and preached to stand up for yourself and when you do we will back you up. Instead my step daughter decides to make awful decisions so people will like her and my son is habitual liar. Technically they both are liars and we can't believe anything they say right now so this we as parents can some what control the situation. I am literally at my wits end right now.

jis4judy replied to blondie454u's response:
that's hard to deal with Amber bullying is the worse thing for kids . I was bringing up my son to never hit anyone he was in second grade came home and said to me how come other kids hit me if we arn;t supposed to hit each other My response said well you should never hit anyone BUT if they hit you first you have 3 choices hit him back harder than he hit you talk them out of it or learn to run real fast those were the choices I gave him I think he tried all of them .. but with teens it is so different
much harder to get through to them ..
good Luck

blondie454u replied to jis4judy's response:
Yep they are so confused about life. We just have to get through these hard times to see the good times ahead.

justmejust replied to blondie454u's response:
I'm sorry to hear about the bullying and lying of teenagers on the bus and at the kids schools. I am glad you are able to drive them Amber. Parents that can drive their kids to school instead of putting them on the bus. My kids share a car now and both in high school so drive together. A good way to avoid all those other kid behavior issues. I am sad for kids without good parents. So does your new hubby drive one of the two kids?
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

mog1026 replied to blondie454u's response:
Ahh, the joys of middle school with a 7th grade boy. I think it must be like entering a war zone for some of them every day. And it is so frustrating not to be able to fix it. Some are more physically mature than others and this is when the bullies emerge. The girls wage war with their tongues but the boys can be scarier. It's not clear from the post which side of the bully fence he's on, but if he's being bullied there are only limited things you can do to help him. And I wouldn't be surprised if he has lied about it. Let the school guidance counselor know but be sure to make him/her your friend not the opposition. Forget contacting the bully's parents yourselves. Let the school handle it. Most of them have anti-bullying policies in place now. I hope your son has a few good friends, nerds even, who he can be comfortable with, and in time he may find his own way to be "cool". Your daughter, well that's a problem every politician has in America. Everyone wants to fit in and be liked. Hopefully in time she'll have the maturity to make better decisions. And teenagers...Most of them lie to their parents. My daughter is 29 today, April 18th, and I'm still occasionally hearing the truth about some of the whoppers she and her brother floated past us back in the day. I think I would be more worried if they told you scary truths and didn't care what you thought about them. And my last thought, I found divide and conquer to be useful. Never underestimate the power of the squeal.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 210 GW 165

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Stephanie and I am from Tennessee. I am a mother of 3. I stay at home with the kids. I have not tried very hard losing weight since I have ...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.