Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Ready for Change
Mlewis0917 posted:
I finally reached the point of being tired of being heavy. I currently weigh 240 pounds. Today is week 1 for me and it has been difficult. I have changed my eating habits and place great importance on becoming healthier and not losing weight overnight. My goal weight is 140lbs and I understand that it is going to take time to get it off. I have to admit that I do feel better. I guess the trick is starting. I was so ashamed that I gained all my weight back that I had to get over the shame and start. Just start.

tnmist responded:
Hello. Welcome. I hear ya. There are some great people on here who have good tips. I will defer to them!
Misty
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

mog1026 responded:
Welcome! This is a great community with so many helpful people. For some reason your post wouldn't open and that's why you haven't had a quicker response, sorry. There is no shame here, just support and encouragement. It is wonderful to get advice from people who have done this journey and reached their goal. It means we can do it too! Good for you for deciding this is week one.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 210 GW 165

tnmist replied to tnmist's response:
I mean, if you would like tips, LOL. I love how there are different approaches within the realm of being healthier that work....everyone is different, but we all just want to be healthier.
Misty
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

tnmist replied to tnmist's response:
oh, sorry. This seems to be a duplicate discussion....
Misty

blondie454u responded:
Great in creating a new you! Welcome aboard! What are some of your eating goals? What is your current diet and exercise like?
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi Folks: This is a first.....not the diet process, but being online seeking support in my weight loss endeavours. I will be 60 in September. I want t...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.