Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Losing Weight
beautifulbuffalo posted:
I'm still struggling to lose that weight. I am losing a lb here and there but I wish it was quicker. I'm exercising to the best of my ability. I'm watching what I eat, but have a cookie here and there. Still tring to get those vegetables in. Hardly eat any fruit. Just don't like it. I'll eat the vegetables first. Just feeling sad and could use a lift.
BB

jis4judy responded:
Hi Jayne
I know it is natural to want the weight to leave fast but maybe it could go quicker if you gave up the cookies here and there.
It is good you are losing weight slow is good like some of us say progress not perfection
Just keep at it you are doing the best you can so be proud of that ! Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

blondie454u responded:
Judy is right be proud of what you are doing now. Be proud that you are actually trying. Before you probably didn't care but now you do. Slow and steady wins the race.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

mog1026 responded:
Judy and Amber are giving you good advice, but I'm here to give you a pity party because I feel the same frustration. I want it GONE! It is so hard to wait because it starts out gangbusters then just creeps along. So the forklift I have for you is............ME TOO (sigh).
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 210 GW 165

totallywiggedout responded:
BB,
You gotta be proud for the strength it takes to keep at it. One step at a time. It's not a race, it's a journey and you have the rest of your life to get there.
The big thing is that at a lb at a time, your body will be able to adjust better. Skin will stay tighter, hair will keep its luster, and muscle tone will actually keep up with and fill in where your body fat is leaving space better.
It all adds up. And slower is better in the long run.
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 180.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

abnersmom responded:
"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." --Nightingale.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

beautifulbuffalo replied to abnersmom's response:
I hate when my husband lifts the fat in my stomach. He should know it bothers me because I slap his hand and say stop. But he keeps doing it. Like I said I exercise and I walk 1 1/2 miles daily with a cane now because of my degenerate Joint disease in my left hip along with my bad left knee and back problems. But I still keep at it. It's just all so frustrating.
BB

mog1026 replied to abnersmom's response:
Good one Debbie!

blondie454u replied to beautifulbuffalo's response:
Maybe have a more serious talk with him. Let him him know how you really feel about it.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

mog1026 replied to beautifulbuffalo's response:
Oh men can be impossible. If he is anything like mine he thinks its funny. Great guy with an infantile sense of humor sometimes. I can imagine how annoying that is but like a 10 year old boy he's looking for attention and a reaction. If you figure out how to get him to take it seriously and get him to be as sensitive as you are, please write a book of instructions for the rest of us.

jean4u replied to beautifulbuffalo's response:
BB, my DH will mimic how I go down a staircase because I have trouble with my knees an have to go one stair at a time. It is hurtful to me but I think it makes him feel good that he can run up the stairs and down like a little kid. Believe me talking to my DH would not help, so I try not to take it to heart and look at his good points.

Just be good to yourself!

Barb

justmejust replied to jean4u's response:
BB, I am sorry to hear about hurtful attitude of your dear husband. I understand you found the best way to deal with it. Maybe he is nervous about saying something more negative about your weight. I don't think many spouses know how to be supportive when we know we are unhappy, but they still love us.
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Renee. I am 29 years old, a wife and have a four year old daughter. I am currently going to school to get my ASN and become a registered nu...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.