Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Starting a new week early
tnmist posted:
Glad this week is essentially over for me. Not a good week with the food, but I've decided to start my new week NOW. Not waiting or throwing in the towel until Sunday. The good news is that my front and back yards are finally caught up as far as mowing goes, except for a small area on the far side that I just didn't have the energy to do. I mowed 2 hours yesterday with a 20-min break in between hours and 1-1/2 hours today with only a 10-min break. I also didn't have the energy to edge/trim, but at least they are mowed.

I needed to get it done because this was my last opportunity until Sunday when some guys from church are coming out to trim all my trees and fix my spigot in the back that is so hard to turn all the way off without a drip. It took longer than usual because I still need to get my old push mower to the shop, but I made do, and at least it's done for now. I'm hurting, though. My back hurts. It will feel a lot better in the morning, I'm sure. I still have to give my dog a bath. That will be interesting with my back the way it is, but he is overdue, and he is visiting some friends tomorrow, so have to at least give him a bath. He needs a trim, too, but that's just not going to happen right now, ha.

Oh, I nixed the echocardiogram that was scheduled for today because between the annual deductible and then the portion I would have to pay, it would have been $600 out of pocket, which they are willing to let me pay in sections, but I just can't take on more bills right now. Haven't heard anything about chest x-ray or EKG, and no news is good news. Did get some lab results back. Was pleased to see that my fasting blood sugar is still under 100. Whew. Haven't seen all the results yet. I'm sure my cholesterol numbers aren't so great. OH, and my blood pressure was a little better than the last time it was checked in a doctor's office. Was glad to see that, too.

I'm on a little stay-cation for the most part. Running away for 24 hours, but otherwise I'm busy at home.

Took my car for an oil change today and left with 4 new tires, but they really needed it. I just hadn't been paying attention. SIGH. The highlight of my day was getting a pedi. I don't very often do that, but I did today. Just something about pretty toenails that lift my spirits, LOL.

Thanks for listening...Going to go finish my chores now.
Misty
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

totallywiggedout responded:
Misty, I swear you've been a busy busy girl the last few days. Once the doggy is done for tonight, I'm prescribing some R and R, girly! I'm not a doctor, but sometimes I prescribe little freebies like that... I won't even bill you... THIS time.
Sometimes you have to nip exams in the bud when you've spent your limit for awhile. Don't put it off forever if it's necessary. But don't let them push you into financial extinction either. Good going on taking a stand until the other bills are caught up. Most people still don't know how or won't say no to their dr and it does cost a pretty penny at the end of the day.
I've never had a mani or a pedi. I think if I ever get my SSdis income coming in, that a pedi would be nice to have. I haven't been able to bend to my left far enough to reach my own toes, or much past the middle of my left shin since my accident in 2005 and have to rely on my boys or bf to even trim those toe nails. Asking them to PAINT them is out of the question, lol.
Although you haven't heard about all of your test results yet, I'd say that the better BP check is an NSV. That was one of my problems, mine was up in the OMG high range when I first started my journey. So , yes, lowering your BP with better eating habits is definitely a Good sign that you are going in the right direction.
Huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 180.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

tnmist replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Thanks Kim...Headed to bed. Hoping to sleep, but more storms are rolling through tonight, and they always make me nervous. Wish my property didn't have so many trees on it.

As for getting toesies painted, even if your BF was willing, you may not WANT him to, LOL. Maybe it could be a Mother's Day gift or Christmas or something sometime - a gift cert to have nails done. That must have been some accident. So sorry that happened.

Glad your BP is doing better now!

Once you are on disability, it may be that a podiatrist will take care of your feet on a regular basis. My mom isn't on disability, but I think Medicare covers her. Maybe SSDI works the same way? I really don't know. Just a thought.
Misty
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

rachael2011 responded:
Hi Misty. You've been busy on your stay-cation! Just wanted to let you know that your post was the final push needed to inspire me to do my yard myself. For the past couple days, I have been debating paying my friend to do it (she is starting a yard business), bc I really HATE outside work. The yard is in town so not so big but on a hill so I have to drag the mower down steps to get to the next "level". On one hand, I was thinking about paying her to do that work; one the other, I was thinking about getting a second job bc I am I never get ahead. Thanks for being the kick in the but that I needed.

Good on your sugar and bp numbers! Definitely a NSV! And it was smart to cancel the echo-cardiogram until you get ahead w/ your bills. I recently had to cancel a procedure bc the surgical center wanted between $500 and $800 down and the money just didn't exist. The surgical center didn't seem to understand and wouldn't cancel the procedure, so I called the doctor's office and they cancelled it for me. Frustrating.

Enjoy your get-away!
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 308.0 Short term goal-299 Goal weight- unsure

rachael2011 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hi Kim. You must have good kids for them to trim your toenails. Mine would probably cringe every time I asked them. So would I I think. I had my first manicure when I was away at OC last week and really loved it. I keep looking at it (bright orange!) and think I will go do it again when I hit my short term weight goal.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 308.0 Short term goal-299 Goal weight- unsure

blondie454u responded:
Busy bee you are! That is a great NSV for you Misty. You go girl!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

blondie454u replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Kim,

I give my self my own mani and pedi's. You can use youtube videos to learn how. They are actually pretty easy. Every once in awhile when can afford the hubby gets me a massage, mani, or a pedi.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

abnersmom responded:
Hi Misty, Hope your back is not too stiff and sore today. Good feeling to get all that work done, I'm sure. Congrats on the BP and blood sugar numbers and just improving your health with improved eating in general! Woohoo!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

j9celeste replied to rachael2011's response:
Hi all

Reading about all of you doing yard work is really my long winter seem unending. The only yard work we're doing in snow shoveling. We got another 13 inches this week and it's getting really old! Just needed to vent.

Celeste
The most exciting, challenging, significant relationship you have is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone who loves the you that YOU love, that's fabulous SW 286 CW 255 GW 165

jis4judy replied to j9celeste's response:
Hi Celest where are you that it is still winter?
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jean4u responded:
Hi Misty, good that your test results were better, especially the blood sugar and BP, that is so good to hear, huh. About waiting for the echocardiogram, if that would be money stress on you, that would be tough. Sounds like you got enough tests done, that if you had/have some physical issues, they can get enough info. from these test results.

Your yardwork is making me tired, too, just hearing all that you have done out there! That is so nice that your church family is helping you with those trees, so much easier to keep them trimmed than to let it go and then have to have it done. Also makes clean up much easier after a storm hits with old branches down. I had alot of trees and let them go and had to deal with it.

Have you thought about getting one of those small portable (hard plastic not the inflatable) kiddie swim pools and put water in it for your pooch-bath?

You know you deserve that pedi for all that you got done this week. I mean even going to the doc takes alot of gearing up and action, something I have to really get myself psyched up to even pick up the phone and get the appt.. Good Work!!!
All this talk about pedis.......my DH is going to visit his/our daughter about 5 -6 hrs. away (car drive), so I might just have my "spa weekend" and give me a pedi. I always paint my nails (both hands and toes but haven't changed up the color fo something Spring-like). I bought green nail polish for St. Paddy's and never got around to use it. I did do purple for Easter weekend, though. Just fun to see our nails, isn't ist....a girl thing! BTW, I will see this daughter in 2 weeks as a grand daughter is making 1st Communion. I just had my knee injections yesterday and it was pretty invasive, so it would really be better for me to be able to be more mobile than that lengthy car ride. DH totally gets it (about me not going this time) and the daught and I get along very well. She also gets along with my daughters which makes it really nice. DH has his tool kit packed, so he can do some handyman stuff that her hubby can't or doesn't have time. So I guess I am taking alittle "stay-cation" LOL, that's a good phrase, MIsty! You have alot of those.

About those tires, now that is money well spent. Nothing is more dangerous than bad tires. You can really lose control on rain or slick roads or have blow outs.

Take care!

Barb

jean4u replied to j9celeste's response:
Celeste, you just keep all that snow over there! We lost power for about 5 hrs. on Thursday due to high winds and heavy rain not snow, though. Really, it does get tiring to be waing for some warmer weather and sunny days. Just try to hang in there because we know it is coming and we will enjoy it when it's here.....finally!

Barb

j9celeste replied to jis4judy's response:
Hi Judy. Sorry I didn't respond earlier but my knee is causing HUGE troubles again and I'm stuck in bed. I had my husband bring my computer in today so I could get caught up here. I have had no interest in communicating with anybody before that.

Anyway...I live in northern Minnesota, about 100 miles from Canada. We're getting more snow today, but the sun was out for a few hours yesterday and that helped! We had temps in the high 30's yesterday too. That will help with the heating bill

Celeste
The most exciting, challenging, significant relationship you have is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone who loves the you that YOU love, that's fabulous SW 286 CW 255 GW 165

jis4judy replied to j9celeste's response:
That's pretty far north so sorry about your knee being so sore My hubby is laid up with a sore back today I had to walk by myself today...
My son says to me people from Minnesota don't think the same as people from Ma so I wonder if I can ask a sort of personal question . about politics I was very disappointed in the background checks bill that didn't pass so can you clue me in on how people in your state think about it ? I know this has nothing to do with weight loss But I am curious . Please forgive me if this is too personal. I hope you feel better soon
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mog1026 replied to j9celeste's response:
So sorry about your knee Celeste. Barb and I are having a knee chat in another post right now. The one about walking twice. I'm sending a pity party your way. What is it with these evil tortuous knees?!,
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 211.6 GW 165

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 27 years old. I had a baby girl 11/22/09 and she is my reason for changing my life. I am 5 ft 6 in and 225lbs I have been over weight nearly all ...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.