Skip to content
Judy
Anon_68933 posted:
Hi Judy
I have lost your email, but I wanted to let you know that I Hope you are safe with all going on in boston. Hope you are not close to the chaos, but if you or your family is please be safe. Nancy

jis4judy responded:
Hi Nancy How come you are posting anon-68933
we are fine a lot is happening in the city right now
I am about 25 miles south west of Boston.
How are you doing these days ? I have lost all my email contacts too because I changed computers and did a reset on the old one before I retrieved the emails thought I will add them as I hear from them and so far I only have a few
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

hopeilose replied to jis4judy's response:
Hi Judy,
I dont know why it anon? must of hit something wrong..LOL Been watching the news this morning and I see that the city is in lock down, must be very scary for those who live right there. It is something every day any more, dont know what on earth is wrong with this world.
So glad you are doing good and are safe!! I am doing good. My husband and I have been busy with outside yard work when the weather permits...doing lousy on my dieting, back up to 215 again. I will need to reel that back in again. Otherwide looking forward to summer and swimming!! Still have our pool, third year for using it. So much fun...take care. I will be back on here soon...Nancy

blondie454u replied to jis4judy's response:
Yes glad you're safe and outside city limits. I heard on the radio that the city is in lockdown. Also stay off cell phones and such until they catch the criminal.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

jis4judy responded:
well It is all over the second guy was caught tonight
so it is all over for now

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

abnersmom replied to jis4judy's response:
Thanks heavens! Kudos to the law enforcement there. They did a remarkable job.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

jis4judy replied to abnersmom's response:
Your right it was a great combined effort with state and local police and the FBI they all worked great together to do a great job Glad it is done/

jean4u replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy, glad you are safe! Glad to see some closure of this sad time.

Kudos to all the law enforcment and FBI as Debbie says they did an outstanding job and showed the world how we stand tall together.

My thoughts and prayers to all the families affected by this. I hope they are able to go on with their lives.

Barb

jean4u replied to hopeilose's response:
Hi Nancy, hope to see you here more often. When did you 1st start posting? I started back in 2010.

Barb

jis4judy replied to jean4u's response:
the thing is Barb those families were not all from our area they were visitors from many of the other states some from as far as California and people from other parts of the world were here too to see their family member cross the finish line..
this was not just Boston suffering it is worldwide

I will answer for Nancy
I believe she started here in 2005 I think maybe earlier
she was a great help to me when I was dealing with breast cancer at the end of 2006 into 2007

Judy, that is nice to hear about you getting support from Nancy when your were in need. I really don't think we realize how much it can help to have a helping hand reach out when we are in need.

About the affect of the Marathon being worldwide, I can see that it is just that. That little boy that was killed at the finish line, they keep showing his face in memorial and it is sad, but we need to see him and honor that he was an innocent victim.

Barb

Yes Barb every time I see that face I feel like crying such a waste of a beautiful life just starting . Nancy is a cancer survivor as well maybe she will share her story when she returns

Judy, (me) having had breast cancer got me on the move, too, to get my weight down. Being overweight makes us prone to diseases such as cancer, too. Also worse off to fight disease if you are not eating or living healthy.

Barb

That's true Barb I had already been on my plan a few years when I found the lump I was very lucky because I managed to catch it in time before it got worse ..I lived dangerously over eating for several years 10 or more and didn't bother to get mammos during my weight gain years got one when I knew I had a suspicious lump turned out there was 2 of them One I could feel and one I could not feel approx. the same size...I did heal well since I was on the healthy plan at the time and going thru the radiation therapy I made sure I ingested some nutrients that was hard because I lost my appetite near the middle of the treatments I forced myself to eat because I knew my body needed the nutrients to heal better... Hugs Judy:)

Spotlight: Member Stories

My weight problems pretty much started at birth. My mother tried to breastfeed me even though she had a very negative attitude towards it. This was at...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.