Skip to content
Walked 2 miles today, divided in 3 walks
justmejust posted:
Pretty weather here today, so I was inspired to take three walks for a total of 2 miles. And did recumbent bike at gym for 15 minutes. Feel good! Yay me!
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

mog1026 responded:
Good girl! I did the recumbent bike twice for a total of 45 minutes. Sure wish I could walk too but it was overcast today so I didn't miss much. Besides we were glued to the tube all day. For a while this morning we thought they had a 3rd suspect on an Amtrack train in the next town, but they haven't talked about him on the news since about noon.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 210 GW 165

jis4judy responded:
Good job on the exercise both of yo Laura and Kathy
I did shopping this morning with an hour walk after 3.5 miles
It was nice out here too 74 degrees
I watch tv some too they caught the second guy that bombed the marathon so crisis is over for now..
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

abnersmom responded:
WTG, Laura and Kathy!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

abnersmom responded:
WTG, Laura and Kathy!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

jean4u responded:
Laura, Yaay you, for the walk and biking! WTG, you are on a roll.

I just got back from 1 hr. mallwalk an will do 1 hr. elliptical.

Had fresh fruit and Greek yogurt for breakfast. Plan to go out to Outback Steakhouse for dinner w/daughter since DH is out of town. We go to the restaurants he doesn't like when he's gone. LOL

Barb

jean4u replied to mog1026's response:
Hi Kathy, good work on that bike! I think breaking your workouts into sessions you can comfortable do is key when we have pain or bad knees or anything else to deal with.

BTW I had 1st appt. w/new knee doc. Good thing I didn't take DH along the doc was about 1 hr. behind and I was about his 4th appt. in a.m.. Another lady I talked to said her DH would not do well either with waiting. LOL He did not use fluoroscope. He did draw out fluid and injected the Hyalgan. He really went in deep w/needle, it felt like he was sticking a needle in funny bone (not so funny for me) but it was short and sweet in duration and not totally unbearable. He did inject some pain reliver but when your that far in and by the bone it has some sensation. Knees feel good today, though. I got 4 more scheduled, every week they have to do them, so this is quite a committment when I schedule these appts..

How's your knee pain? Hope some relief your way....soon!

Barb

mog1026 replied to jean4u's response:
Thanks Barb. This was not a great knee week, but yesterday was better. I'm due back at the orthopedist in May so I'm expecting to give those shots a try. I've heard mixed results so I just have to hope I'm lucky and they help. I worry that I would have a better chance of them working if I could just get the weight down faster, but it is what it is. I'm trying but it seems the more I cycle the less I lose! So maddening! I asked about the fluoroscope because it appears that they give the injections that way at the Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC, and I figure they are the gold standard for care. Their web site is amazing!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 210 GW 165

jean4u replied to mog1026's response:
Kathy, don't give up trying to find what will help your knee. I think it is a combination of things that helped me. I started taking Celebrex for the swelling and stopped that after I had good results from the Hyalgan injections and getting more active. I walked for 15 mins. a day to start....slowly build up, even now some days I go very slow. Are you able to go to the Hospital for Spicial Surgery? I have talked to people who have had TKR with different results, just depends on how they heal and if they get scar tissue, etc. most "problems" can be resolved.

Hope you get some good results. That bike work is helping you to build the supportive muscles. I used to do the stationary bike, now I do the Pedlar when watching TV and the elliptical.

Good luck!

Barb

mog1026 replied to jean4u's response:
I'm trying anything that seems reasonable to me at the moment. And it's both knees equally. Walnuts, cherries in my diet, the bike. I had stomach trouble with NSAIDs so I'm not taking any meds on a daily basis. That may have to change if things don't improve. I take aspirin if I really have to get somewhere. I hate the idea of staying on meds because I already take a beta blocker, a diuretic and a statin. Enough already! Weight loss is so important to me because if I have to have surgery I want the best chance for success. It's just hard for me to wrap my head around how quickly I developed this problem. In January I was walking and climbing stairs normally. If I have to get a second opinion as you suggested, I will try and get to that Hospital. I know people in town who have had their knees done there, but I also have heard of satisfied customers who have stayed local. I personally have had enough surgeries to know to stay out of the operating room as long as reasonably possible. So I'm trying to be as patient as I can be. Grrrrr. Thanks for your advice Barb. It really does help to hear from someone else who has successfully managed this.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 211.6 GW 165

justmejust responded:
Hi all,

I walked my usual 1.2 miles again today. Walked with a neighbor for part of it, the other part I chatted with a friend on the phone who needed to talk. Now hubby and I are invited to neighbor's house Friday night! Double date night! Woot!

Laura
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

blondie454u responded:
Great Laura! So proud of you!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

blondie454u replied to mog1026's response:
Great job to you too Kathy!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

blondie454u replied to justmejust's response:
WTG again Laura!

Barb and Kathy I hope you get your knees straighten out. Sounds like you're you guys have a great plan of action. I just hope you get some relief.

totallywiggedout responded:
You are doing so good lately, Laura. So darned proud of you, just wanna give you a squeeeeeeze
You really are picking up on your walking which is great for your daily exercise, but also and i can tell it's working for you, your emotions.
Healthier body, healthier mindset. You seem alot more "chipper" . I'm glad for you
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 180.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

Spotlight: Member Stories

losing weight is possible,NOT EASY!!!! but possible. i have lost over 100 lbs, took me 3 years but its better to lose it slowely-no left over skin. I ...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.