Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sickie
tnmist posted:
Well, it's easy to be good when ill. Worked yesterday but was battling chills, and later I realized I might have a fever, which I did. Today the fever is very low-grade, but the postnasal drip and cough make my throat sore. Along with body aches, I feel pretty beat up. Not even sure what my head is doing, ha. Going back to bed. Wishing I had some chicken noodle soup, ha. ...I may have some broth cubes in the cupboard. Will check later. Hoping to sleep it off today so I can work tomorrow.
Misty
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein
FirstPrevious12NextLast

jis4judy responded:
oh Misty so sorry to hear your sick If you lived nearby I have home made broth in my freezer It is great for when you feel yucky...
I hope the sleep helps
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

blondie454u responded:
I hope you get to feeling better.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

jean4u responded:
Misty, sorry you are down. Take good care!

Barb

rohvannyn replied to jean4u's response:
Hope you feel better soon! Chicken soup with just a little potato is nice too. Hot peppers, if you like them, are good for clearing your sinuses and good for you... make sure you drink lots of hot tea if you like that. It'll help your throat. Take it easy!
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

totallywiggedout responded:
Hey Misty, hope you are feeling better tonight.
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 180.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

abnersmom responded:
Feel better soon, Misty!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

tnmist replied to abnersmom's response:
Thank you, everyone. Doctor called in a script for a Z-Pak today, so that should help. Decided to call and ask for a script for something since the fever is still around. I don't get sick very often with this sort of stuff, and it knocked me off my feet. Doing a little better this evening, although I think it's trying to move into my chest. Tired of bed, and my back can't take it for extended periods of time anyway, but boredom is probably a good sign. Yesterday it was all about sleeping; today, it's resting but getting bored, ha.

Oh, I have the black "marbles" to use as a visual and now just need some pretty ones and to decide how to display it. Maybe tomorrow, LOL.
Misty
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

jean4u replied to tnmist's response:
Misty, good you got that rest....hmmm about that boredom, I'm sure you'll come up for something, just make sure you don't overdo.

Like the black marble theme, too. I like various shades of purple silk flowers and candles, also a smidgin' of sage green (candles and foilage). You can have some fun on this for visualization cues.....maybe some inspirational quotes or photos, too.

Barb

tnmist replied to jean4u's response:
Thanks Barb, and thank you for your ideas....I could create a little area of my office that inspires me perhaps....Hmmm, got me to thinking now!

And no fever this morning! Yay, Z-Pak, LOL. Now to get BACK to the garage to finish getting my car fixed. Ugh. What was supposed to be just an oil change turned into 4 new tires that weren't balanced quite right and now my low-pressure warning light for the tires stays on all the time....Good thing this place is close by. I haven't had a great experience there, but they were recommended by some friends who have used them for years, and they are making things right, so I will give them another opportunity the next time. Plus, with their tires, they offer free regular maintenance on them (rotations, etc.), so I'm not ready to cross them off my list. Things happen. Just shrugging my shoulders at this point.

The positive outcome of this illness is that I'm now just 1 lb away from my first 10-lb goal!

Hope everyone has a great day and sees sunshine and burns some calories!
Misty

abnersmom replied to tnmist's response:
Congrats on being close to that 10 lb. goal! So glad you feel better. Hope you have a great weekend. I'm counting the hurs until mine begins!1
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

blondie454u replied to tnmist's response:
Glad your feeling better!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Misty, good to see that fever bye-bye!

You know I had the low-tire pressure warning problem, too. I took my car in to Belle Tire for oil change and to have the tires checked. They said no problem with tires, but the tire went flat. My DH would add air to it when the warning went on, but I knew it shouldn't be doing that. Then I took it in to the dealership (I hate to go to those places) and they said it was the rim-leak and not the tire. Got it fixed and no further leaks.

WOW, 9 DOWN!!! Got to love those 10 lb. increments. You CAN do this. Heck, we CAN do this!!!

Enjoy the sun, but don't let that tire pressure warning go unattended (you don't want a flat like I got).

Barb

tnmist replied to jean4u's response:
Thanks, Debbie, Amber, and Barb. I was there over an hour, and they said it's the sensor itself. They tested it with a new sensor, and that fixed the problem. Something about there being batteries in the sensors, so they don't last forever...Long story short, each sensor is about $100, and I certainly am not shelling out another $400 on top of the new tires. I chatted with my sister who thinks the computer just may need resetting after getting the tires on. So, I'm going to follow up with her suggestions and also do my own research.

Also, I have a therapist's appt. next Friday, and he is very intelligent about cars, too, and I will run this by him for his opinion. That verdict this morning just brought me to tears. I just wasn't expecting that scenario. I'll get back to you about what I find out.

I felt better this morning, but my energy didn't last long...Ohwell. This is only temporary. In a way, this illness gave me the rest I didn't get during my vacation, LOL. I sure love not having an appetite, though.
Misty

Misty, sometimes it's just this day-to-day stuff (that tire pressure sensor) that wears us down. I told you about mine. It took going to a few different places and I really hate doing that. I can relate to "car frustration" on anotther car I had. It was bought new, so shouldn't have any problems, right? Wrong! The thing would not hold a charge. I had to get jumps in parking lots and would hook up the battery charger overnight (yes, I know how to do that). I took it for computer runs at at the dealership and it showed no problem. They said I would have to have it towed to them AFTER it went dead, GREAT. I even took it for testing at independent battery places. Well, long story short when I got married to 2nd hus. he felt so sorry for me he bought me a new car. I think he felt somehow responsible for the issue because he retired form that auto co.. Never did find out what what was the problem. I do think that the new cars have so much computer stuff that if something is wrong in "the brain" so to speak it just can't be discovered to fix.

Wish you well on your car frustration. Makes it very difficult when you aren't sure what it is and funds are tight. I mean we can't just start throwing money at stuff you don't need. Sometimes you got to wonder WHY is this stuff happening to YOU, really? Can't know the answer. Just know your story did make me tear-up, too. Yeah, keep us in the loop on this. Maybe your therapist will have some insight on the car issue, like you say.

All you can do is all you can do.

Take good care!

Barb

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello all, I'm new. I've been obease my entire life, except for a brief 4 year period when I did some drastic eating and exercising. I'm n...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
26 of 27 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.