Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Numbers
kalimiller posted:
I got back my blood panel results today!

Cholesterol (total) - 155
Triglyceride - 95
HDL Cholesterol - 35
Non-HDL Cholesterol - 120
LDL - 101

So, I don't know a whole lot about this kind of stuff. I have never had blood work done for tests like these. However, I am pretty sure that my HDL is way too low and I need to raise that. What do yall think? I'm sure yall know more about these things than I do...
-Kali

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
-Henry Ford

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 198

kalimiller responded:
Also, I've lost 2 pounds since I had these tests done. Yay!
-Kali

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
-Henry Ford

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 196

totallywiggedout responded:
Kali, good for you going and getting this done. OK , I of course googled it, lol
and ... it sent me right back here to WebMD for the full page of identifiers on bloodwork.
Here's the link
http://www.webmd.com/cholesterol-management/guide/understanding-numbers
This will give you everything you need.
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 180.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jis4judy responded:
Yes Kali your HDL is low for a woman your overall numbers is not bad though You can raise the HDL with exercise and eating some fats like nuts and avocados. I go fat free on nearly everything and get my fats from nuts and avocados
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jis4judy replied to kalimiller's response:
Congrats on the 2 pounds Happy dance time
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

blondie454u replied to kalimiller's response:
Congrats!!!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

jean4u responded:
Kali, I guess my 1st post to you did not take. so here goes the 2nd one. WTG on the 2 DOWN!!! About the test results, get the medical people to help you on how these scores relate to each other and what needs to be done if anything. Reminds me to get mine done, too!

You are cemented in Onderland!!!!

Barb

abnersmom responded:
Congrats on the 2 lbs. Yep, your HDL should be above 60, but your other numbers are good. Wish I had you LDL numbers - mine have improved hugely over the last year so still no meds, but I am still working on it. I credit my oatmeal, blueberry and walnut breakfasts, along with only the occasional red meat and cheese for improving my numbers. I go back in 4 months for another check. Hopefully, my LDL will continue to go down. Good luck. I bet just adding some good fats and maybe a fish oil capsule will help!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 27 years old with a ten month old daughter...I have been heavyset all my life and as i got into high school my weight dropped well ive been going...More

Helpful Tips

Sugar's effect on your body.
An hour and a half long but worth it. I will watch this multiple times until I know it by heart. Sugar leads to the immediate formation of ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.