Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
What present to give to neice's new baby boy?
justmejust posted:
Hi girls,

Does anyone know what is appropriate to give to a niece's new baby boy? I have her a crib sheet and bath toy at the baby shower a couple weeks ago.
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

totallywiggedout responded:
Laura, I really loved getting bundles of cloth diapers. I used disposables , but there's nothing better to use as burp cloths than those absorbant "clothies". Maybe the clothies, a couple of bottles with snap on lids, and a pacifier...
Or you could put together a baby laundry basket with Dreft,a hooded baby towel/washcloths, Johnsons baby soap and shampoo, plus baby lotion....
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 180.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jean4u responded:
Laura, always safe with a gift card, then she can shop.

Barb

jis4judy responded:
Hi Laura Kim idea sounds nice but I am a gift card person Like Barb LOl Hugs Judy:)
PS you could always wrap the gift card in some cloth diapers
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

rohvannyn replied to jis4judy's response:
The diaper idea is awesome, for the baby himself a cute stuffed animal might be a possibility. Something for the mom herself like a homemade spa kit or a mug filled with a relaxing tea could be fun too.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

justmejust replied to rohvannyn's response:
Judy and Barb, I like the gift card idea, but any ideas how much to put on a card? Target was a store she liked for shower registry.

Roh, I like this idea of stuffed animal for baby and tea mug for new mom!

Is mailing some cash in a card okay? I am not very good at gift giving anymore. Wish my mom were here! But probably been a weak skill of mine even when she was here.

We never had a lot of money growing up, but what we did have my mom made last and go toward mortgage and college for us.
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

kalimiller replied to justmejust's response:
I don't think that it matters how much you put on a card. I think that she will be grateful for an amount that you are able to give.
-Kali

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
-Henry Ford

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 196

jean4u replied to justmejust's response:
Laura, don't send cash in the mail. Even a gift card in the mail is risky. If you use the snail mail, go with a check. I have heard of people opening mail for the cash and gift cards.

I think $20 is good...a check if you send.

I thouhgt you were going to attend the shower in person. Sending stuff, is another thing....about what is OK to put in an envelope.

Barb

justmejust replied to jean4u's response:
Thanks to all for advice on what to give. I decided on the Target gift card, and wrote dad, mom, and baby's name on it. I put it in a baby card.

Wow, this was so much easier than trying to figure it out on my own.

Virtual friends are important in my life, like regular friends before the computer era!

Laura
Laura

totallywiggedout replied to justmejust's response:
Virtual friends?????!!! you make me sound like an emoticon or.... a ..... whatchamacallit..... AVATAR!!!!
Well , maybe that's not so bad... lol... I've NEVER seen an ugly avatar. Or even a fat one, lol

huggs
k

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

rohvannyn replied to totallywiggedout's response:
No, Kim, you are a WIDGET. Ha ha ha ha... an awesome, advice-giving, humor filled widget. Just remember this: an app a day, kepps the electronic doctor away.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

totallywiggedout replied to rohvannyn's response:
O.o Roh?? is that you? Back from the dead to call me a widget?? Well, anything to get you talking with us again. lol
I picture you out along the Seine, floppy sunhat cocked ever so jauntily over your missing ear..... painting.... waterlilies and busty women . Or waterlilies ON busty women......Bahahhaaaa
I take it you've been busy with your passion. How's it going?
huggs
k

totallywiggedout replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Yes, I know, i took some liberties and basically morphed a couple of different artists together for that scene, but , I figure that you too are a DIFFERENT artist.

huggs
k

jean4u replied to rohvannyn's response:
Virtually "virtual".....speaking to all my Widget friends out there and lest not forget those Hobbits....do not want to anger, upset, derail anyone!

Barb

P.S. Let's SMILE!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello my name is Paige. I am 18 years old and in college. I have struggled with my weight my whole life. I had gotten down to my smallest in 11th grad...More

Helpful Tips

Working Out
OMG I had a very hard time getting out of the bed this morning to go to the gym. I'm not a morning person, but this morning it was awful. ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.