Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Its Never Too Late
jmanjeff posted:
After thinking that medications will mask the problems, I realized I need to loose the weight to hopefully get of medications for
1. High Blood Pressure
2. Type 2 Diabetes
The problems were getting worse as I continued to over eat, consume junk food, and alcohol. When your feet start to go numb, and your blood sugar level is 190 with medications, I've seen the anle so to speak and have decided to get in shape and healthy.
Yes, it is true that some people have these problems as a genitic thing, and it can't be helped. I on the other hand hope that by loosing 85-100 pounds will possibly make it so I do not need the meds to survie the issues. I started out at 285 and am steadily loosing, and I am now at 265. Food and drink habits have chaged for the positive and I will continue to reach my goal and stay there. In just 20 pounds I notice the positive difference.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

justmejust responded:
Great start jmanjeff! Welcome to our group. Every bit of weight loss will help your blood pressure and diabetes. Keep up the good work and check in here often.

This is a great place to share and a place with supportive members. Hope you are able to stick around and bookmark us so you can easily find us.

Laura
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

jis4judy responded:
Hi Jeff welcome aboard you so well motivated I am of the belief that we can heal our bodies by eating as healthy as we can and adding in exercise I believe diabetes is controlled by limiting if not eliminated starchy foods and getting exercise.. Do become an avid label reader because the food manufacturers lie on the front of packages. read the ingredients in everything you buy avoid high frucos corn syrup and anything with hydrogenated oils otherwise known as trans fats. a package can claim zero trans fats if the serveing size has less than 5 gams or something like that better to read the ingredient list and if it is a long one with things you cannot understand put it back on the shelf .
avoiding most processed foods is a great way to change you eating plan.
great job on going down 20 pounds great start!
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

abnersmom responded:
Welcome Jeff. Great job on the 20 lbs. and the commitment to improving your health. Making healthy food choices and portion control will change your life! It has mine.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

totallywiggedout responded:
Welcome Jeff.
Blood pressure and sugar probs run in my family. When I started my journey in Jan of last year, I was 254(being a 5'4 woman, pretty rotund). Had my first physical in years on the 2nd and was found to have bp in the OMG that's high range. Was thusly put on meds which my dr told me I'd be on for the rest of my life.
By May, I'd lost just about 50 lbs and my bp was right in the middle of NORMAL. Off the meds. It can be done and, at 20lbs lost, you are well on your way to perhaps being medication free.
Congratulations for accepting responsibility and taking control of your life and your health.
If you would like some recipes or perhaps some exercise ideas, once you sign in on this blogsite, check out our RESOURCES at upper left of page. When we post these recipes, exercises and links that means they have been tried, and liked by us. As a group it's a great way to share.
Speaking of sharing, what exactly have you been doing to change your eating/drinking habits? Have you upped your exercise? Tell us a little about your journey so far. It's always fun to get "newbies" in because it expands our community with different prospectives and ideas.
kim
Kim SW 252 CW 180.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

blondie454u responded:
Welcome aboard Jeff!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

jmanjeff replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hi Kim,
Thak you for the good thoughts. I finally decided to stop eating poorly. Going back for seconds on Spaghetti that was already 2nds and 3rds on the first plate. Cut out the junk food. Every morning I would go to the convience store and get a 44 oz diet soda and sometimes some sort of breakfast sandwich. I have stop that completely. I have switched to straight seltzer water, and have cut out the breakfast sandwiches. I eat healthy now. Fruits, veggies, andlean checken, pork, and fish.
I walk 2- miles a day. sometimes in the woods to make it more exciting by seeing the wildlife and nature in general.
I feel good and motivated and will keep going until my goal is reached, and will then stay there with the continued success of the above.
Looking forward to talking with everyone here.
Thank you,
Jeff
Live each day as though it were your last, for one day your sure to be right!

jmanjeff replied to justmejust's response:
Thanks Laura,
I have book marked this page and will come back regularly.
Jeff

jmanjeff replied to jis4judy's response:
Hi judy,
Yes labels are the frst thig I now look at. I am doing well with the change. am looking forward to hopefully seeing results thru the numbers of daily blood sugar levels and blood pressure rates.
Thanks,
Jeff

jmanjeff replied to abnersmom's response:
Debbie,
Thank you for your positive thoughts. I am feeling better even after only 20 pounds. So I am loking forward to feeling better and better as times goes on and the weight comes of.
Thanks,
Jeff

jmanjeff replied to blondie454u's response:
Amber,
Thank you. Looking forward to talking with you on ths site.
Thanks,
Jeff

jmanjeff replied to justmejust's response:
Hi Laura,
Thanks for thepositive thoughts. I look forward to checking in regularly.
Thanks,
Jeff

itsashayduh responded:
WELCOME JEFF!!

I am already happy for you and your 20 pounds lost!!
I hope we can help you with your journy
--Sash =)
SW 190 - CW 186 - GW 120

rohvannyn replied to jmanjeff's response:
Awesome job, getting out more (especially in fun ways so you keep doing it) and eating healthier! Generally speaking, the less ingredients, the better. Keep coming back here! We're always happy to see new people! And congrats on the progress so far, especially the lifestyle changes.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

jmanjeff replied to itsashayduh's response:
Sash,
Thank you. Looking forward to talking to you.
Jeff

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello, I am new at this. Just looking for a little support, I am 33 and a mother of three. I have a wonderful husband, He supports my every attempt a...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
62 of 77 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.