Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
mini weekend goal
abnersmom posted:
Wow! Friday already- woohoo! Since I have been struggling with food on the weekends lately, I'm posting a mini-goal for this weekend.

1. No indulgences
2. Keep calories in maintenance range
3. Exercise which includes my longer weekend walks and housecleaning (oh yeah, Barb, I will have the music on to clean by - found a station on Pandora of '80s cardio music - awesome!).

Happy Friday everyone! Let's make it awesome.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

blondie454u responded:
Good for you Debbie! I am going to relax this weekend hopefully. I got my running in this morning and going to the gym at lunch and bike. Have a great weekend everyone!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

kalimiller responded:
My husband and I are planning on going fishing - I only hope that we catch something so we can eat it! Yum! I love fresh fish! Plus, I'll get a little exercies in from having to cast my line a billion times!!
-Kali

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
-Henry Ford

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 196

jean4u responded:
Debbie, just got back from grocery shopping. Stocked up on popcorn to pop.....and down that isle was some "sneaky" junk food....like the veggie chips and other baked items. Now, these guys appeal to me, but they are so high in sodium that you can't have too many. I gave them a longing glance and passed them by. Here's the thing, I can have ALOT of the air-popped popcorn and it is a whole grain and fiber. NSV!!!

Oh, and hummus was buy 2 and get 1 free! A little bit of this goes a long way with alot of veggies.

Sounds like you have some neat plans for exercise. Music makes everything better, even housework. Shake, shake, shake, shake your ..........! LOL

Barb

jean4u replied to blondie454u's response:
Amber, good for that run in a.m. and later to the gym!

Barb

jean4u replied to kalimiller's response:
Kali, Ha ha about the casting a billion times.....that will be alot of exercise!

My Dad used to fish and we would have fish frys, mostly perch and smelt. I think that's where I learned to like fish. My DH doesn't like seafood. My daughters do. Good luck on your "catch". Let us know how you do.

Barb

rachael2011 responded:
My mini weekend goal is simply to only eat my planned meals/ snacks and get one really good walk in w/ one of the guys I work with. After last weekend, and much unplanned/ binge-like eating over the weekend, I was unable to get all the weight I gained that weekend (like 3.5 lbs) off this week. I exercised 30 minutes daily and ate only healthy, fresh foods and watched my portions this past week. I took off like 3.3 lbs, but I was still .2 up at my official weigh in this morning. It absolutely frustrates and depresses me that 2 really bad evenings can screw up 5 days of hard work. I want to consider it a lesson learned, but honestly I am afraid I will just do it again. I was so depressed over the past couple of days that I considered going back to the diet mentality just for a couple of weeks, but I know where it got me in the past. Even more binging and even less control, so no. I will continue to eat whole food, really limiting the processed carbs and exercise every day. And gradually shrink portions as I lose.
Thanks for listening. I didn't mean to be a "gloomy Gus". Have fun with the cleaning to the 80's, Debbie and your fishing, Kali.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 305.2 Short term goal-299 Goal weight- unsure

tnmist responded:
I just wanna breathe!!! Ugh. Seemed to be doing okay this morning. Not so much now. Will check and see what the blazes is blooming out there! I have declared myself officially miserable.
Misty
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

jean4u replied to rachael2011's response:
Rachael, I did the bouncing around too. I mean I would revert back to eating the white carbs or the box of 100 cal. Hostess stuff. This IS a process! At first we can do good and when we have a lapse or even a string of lapses it is mentally tough to try to figure out. All I can say is pick yourself up when you can . Just keep coming here. Telling your story and sharing the struggle will help.

Use the scale to be a tool. You did the weekend gain, heck I used to do that all the time. It took me a really long time to get and keep this juggling act going. It is alot of details or juggling balls that we have to practice to make our journey work for us. When we drop one of the "balls" or have a slip, it is just we need more practice to get it right.

Progress not perfection!

Barb

jean4u replied to tnmist's response:
Misty, what's up....with the breathing? So sorry about that!

Barb

jis4judy replied to jean4u's response:
Ha ha Barb found something about our Hubbys that is different Mine Loves fish I hate fish and my kids love fish My granddaughter is like me rather have chicken than fish .
LOL
Happy weekend to everyone !!
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jis4judy replied to tnmist's response:
Hi Misty I am having difficulty with allergies too
runny nose watery eyes and it is very annoying
Happens to me every April
Hope yours get better soon
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jean4u replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy, guess they aren't twins after all! LOL

Barb

P.S. You have a good weekend, too. Even with those pesky allergies. I would get sinus infections at the darndest times....like when I was getting the house ready for a big party they would hit me.

j9celeste replied to rachael2011's response:
Hello Rachael

I can completely understand and empathize with your plight! My entire month of April has been that type of struggle. My physical pain and lack of relief in sight has caused quite a depression. I haven't been dealing with that very well.

But I intend to keep moving forward, even when all I can do is trudge. I can't speak for anybody else here, but my physical health is directly effected by my mental health. Just like the quote that is credited to Yogi Berra, things in life are "90 percent mental and the other half physical."

My month has been filled with weight gain and weight loss. I am getting frustrated also! If I didn't have this forum to turn to, whether I am contributing or just reading, I just might give up. Hearing your struggles and victories keeps me going.

And yes, a small "bad" period of time where we overeat can undo the times we are being healthy. But give yourself a break honey! We are new at this, and any progress is fabulous! We are learning what we need to do if we are to lose the weight and keep it off. Progress, not perfection.

You're still here. You're being honest with yourself and others. Both huge steps. I'm proud of you!

Celeste
The most exciting, challenging, significant relationship you have is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone who loves the you that YOU love, that's fabulous SW 286 CW 255 GW 165

abnersmom replied to jean4u's response:
Score! on the hummus and the NSV, Barb!

Kali, we are having monsoon like rain today so I doubt even the most intrepid fisherpeople are out today around here, Hope you are having good weather for it.

Rachel, Been there, done that. Like Barb says, it's a process and this journey has many ups and downs. Please don't sweat the .2 - good grief I can gain that if I drink a cup of green tea.

Woot woot, Amber, keep up the good work. I did my housework and am giving myself this day off from intentional exercise as I've been working at it pretty hard.

Misty and Judy, hope you are feeling better.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello - My name is Angel - and I have four children (as you can probably tell by my user name!) I am a part-time pediatric/pregnancy dietitian and a f...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.