Skip to content
Warmer weather and Dairy Queen thoughts.......
jean4u posted:
Now I don't usually crave ice cream, but when the warmer weather is here, the Dairy Queen was a go to place.

Here's the "SWAP". You know I always freeze my over-ripe bananas for smoothies, oatmeal or food processor "ice cream". But you can tak a whole frozen banana and drizzle some no sugar chocolate syrup, a sprinkle of mini-chocolate chips and a sprinkle of chopped walnuts.

Very yummy and fast and you use one bowl, a knife to slice frozen banana (after it thaws a few mins.) and a spoon to eat it. I put all the toppings on before I sliced it.

Barb
FirstPrevious12NextLast

jis4judy responded:
Oh Barb that sounds super yummy will try that soon Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

tnmist responded:
Good thing I read your whole post because at first I'm thinking...TRIGGER! Sounds pretty good!! I used to whip up frozen desserts when I had guests just for something simple but yummy. Literally, whip - in a blender. I would freeze the banana in slices and use frozen strawberries and blueberries and just a splash of pineapple juice and whiz it up and serve. I didn't even bother adding yogurt or anything else, and, honestly, they don't need anything else. I did let the frozen stuff thaw slightly, but not too much. Don't need to add ice cubes that way.
Misty
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

jean4u replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy, the chopped walnuts and MINI (not regular) size chocolate chips make it crunchy and that is the best.

Barb

jean4u replied to tnmist's response:
Misty,

I saw a frozen raspberry and yogurt combination, too and they added those mini-chocolate chips at the end. Used blender or food processor to blend the fruit and yogurt.

I just like something cold when the weather is warmer. That's when I get into full "smoothie mode".LOL

When we make these fruit "desserts/treats" we eat better and can really get creative, too. I think they actually taste BETTER than any of the grocery store stuff or even the DQ. LOL

Barb

totallywiggedout responded:
Hi guys, here's another way to do it...
Frozen Banana Pops (makes 6)
3 very ripe bananas, cut in half
6 popsicle sticks
1 reg serving container any flavor low fat yogurt
any "sprinkle" of choice; mini choc chips, carob, finely chopped nuts, coconut and or finely chopped dried fruit
... push stick into flat bottom of banana, roll to thinly coat in yogurt, roll in sprinkles, and freeze until hard. Store in covered dish or ziplock in freezer for up to 1 month.
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 180.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hi Kim in the spirit of this thread last night I added the frozen raspberries to my greek yogurt with a bit of honey added for a sort of frozen treat
Hugs Judy:) oh and I put it into fitday as fresh not frozen

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jean4u replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Kim. love that idea. BTW, Rachel Ray said you can store the chopped nuts in the freeezer to store for longer periods. I bought some on sale and there in there.

I'm thinking key key lime low fat yogurt, banana and some coconut.......big yummy. I haven't bought coconut in years, do they have sugar free or low sugar?

Thanks!

Barb

jean4u replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy, nice that we can get our dessert "fix" without going overboard, too, isn't it?

Barb

totallywiggedout replied to jean4u's response:
Yep barb. You can buy unsweetened shredded coconut. Should be in baking aisle next to the sweetened. Just make sure to grab right stuff.
Huggs
K

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

jis4judy replied to jean4u's response:
Hmm wonder what Lime and Banana , coconut would do in my yogurt will try that someday sounds good
I like these health desserts it helps to control my sweet tooth
Hugs Judy:)

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy, I really am very jealous of you guys further north. It's really weird with the warmer weather down here, but fruits are super expensive, even frozen fruits can run almost 1 1/2 x as much as I was spending in Michigan. We don't have stores like Costco, Aldis or even Meijers that run decent ads either. Milk is NEVER on sale and with the 10% sales tax it gets ridiculous to try to eat healthy foods.... veggies are just as bad, but I make ammends for those. But specialty fruits like blackberries, raspberries and such are like $5 for one of those little half pint containers and don't even get me started on cherries IF and WHEN we get them down here..... they are WAY WAY out of reach for cost.
huggs
k

totallywiggedout replied to jean4u's response:
Barb, I also wanted to say, don't forget that you can lightly toast coconut on cookie sheets. It only takes about 3 min and stores well afterward too.
Some other ideas for the frozen banana pops....
Banana cream pie: banana, banana cream pie yogurt, sprinkled with crushed graham crackers
Banana Split: banana, strawberry yogurt, drained crushed pineapple, chopped nuts, and a light zigzag of hersheys syrup
Banana pudding pops: banana, fat free/sugar free cool whip, crushed nilla wafers
Banana Nut Bread pops: banana, vanilla yogurt, then rolled in a finely ground mixture of uncooked rolled oats, walnuts and raisins
huggs
k

Kim, I notice when I go to Florida the grocery stores are more expensive, too. I go to the farmers markets when I can.

Meijers had milk for $2,50 per gal. last week. Pineapples were $2.50 and avocados $1, strawberries 3 quarts for $5.

That 10% sales tax is a whopper on you guys, too! Tough when you can't get a break on prices for healthy foods. When I lived out in the country and only had one store to go to I was limited on the fresh produce and the quality, too.

Barb

Kim, love all these ideas. The combinations really can satisfy the tastebuds!

Barb

Spotlight: Member Stories

Let's see .... Well, I've been overweight the majority of my life. I've been content but not really happy, though. I would like to do some...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.