Skip to content
Physical check up and spring!
j9celeste posted:
Hello everybody!

I decided that it was time to see my doctor for a complete physical. I wanted to talk to her about my lifestyle changes as far as my eating habits and make sure she agreed with how I am doing it.

She was the first person who has noticed my weight loss (other than my husband and kids who know I am working on it.) I was getting kind of frustrated that I have lost 31 pounds and nobody has noticed. She not only noticed, but was full of praise. She thinks that the path I am on to lose weight is healthy and helpful. So nice to hear.

For some reason, all of my vitals and blood tests were wonderful. Blood pressure 120/70, pulse 68. My cholesterol is 193, but my HDL and LDL were in the good range. My glucose was 78 so not even pre-diabetes. All of my other tests were in the normal range as well.

I am blessed that my unhealthy lifestyle has not given me much for health problems, except for my knees and my back. I can get new knees, but not a new heart (actually I guess I could.)

This was just my way of patting myself on the back. We all need those!

Spring is finally arriving here in northern Minnesota! We were in the 50's yesterday and are supposed to be in the 60's today and 70's soon. I am so hoping that these snow piles disappear quickly so we can start seeing some grass! The sunshine and ability to take our storm windows down and put the screens on has been a huge lift for my mood. And the birds are coming back and are singing happily! My grandson who lives with us turned one-year-old yesterday. He is getting more rambunctious but is still a joy every day. We bought him a swing (it's kind of set up like a car seat) to put up outside and I can't wait until he can use it!

So, all in all, a couple of good days. I hope that you are all experiencing the same!

Celeste
The most exciting, challenging, significant relationship you have is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone who loves the you that YOU love, that's fabulous SW 286 CW 255 GW 165

tnmist responded:
What a great report, Celeste!!! 31 lbs! Woo-hoo!!! Glad spring is finally appearing up there for you! Thanks for the update.
Misty
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

jis4judy responded:
Oh Celeste that's awesome that you are doing so well and 31 pounds is great.. I hope spring is here to stay for all of us I was outside after my walk doing My Iris transplanting again the ground is still a bit too soggy to plant a garden so far will wait till next month to dig it all up .. A wonderful set of numbers for your health Just think how healthy you will be after a few years eating healthy it does work Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout responded:
OMG Celeste! You are doing GREAT! Wonderful news on the checkup. So glad to hear that everything is in the normal range.
I can't figure out why others haven't said anything about your weightloss. I'm sure that they are noticing, just not saying anything. Some people don't know how to give weightloss compliments without thinking that they are really saying, hey you aren't "as fat" anymore, lol. Like in complimenting you, they are afraid that they will actually be saying, they noticed you were obese, and now, not so..... to hell with it. You know what I mean. lol
It's nice that you dr said something though right off the bat, it's a "certified" win when a liscensed person says you are doing great
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 180.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

abnersmom responded:
That's fantastic, Celeste. I remember posting my frustration about people not noticing my initial weight loss as well. Just keep up the good work and they will. Heck, my ex didn't even recognize me last spring at my grandsons' soccer game. Actually asked my son why I didn't come down to see them play. LOL! It was awesome!

Enjoy the spring and your grandson and don't forget to enjoy your NSVs as well. One I will never forget is when I could cross my legs comfortably. Sometimes it's the little things that can keep us going.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

jean4u responded:
Celeste, WTG on 31 DOWN!!!!! Good too about doing it the healthy lifestyle way. I know we all want it fast but that is such wrong thinking when we do the work to get it off and it will come back if we don't make those changes we can stick to 80% and get our mental issues dealt with that cause us to overeat or make bad choices too often (a slip is not a failure).

So glad you shared this GOOD news!

Your grandson is going to have some happy times in that swing. One year old...Happy Birthday to him! Bet he's a real "cutie-patutie"! LOL

Barb

jean4u replied to abnersmom's response:
Debbie, that IS the ultimate payoff, isn't it when you look so good, your own ex didn't recognize you! WTG!! Really "living well" is the best revenge! Looking good is, too!!!

Barb

j9celeste replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hello friends

Thank you all for your wonderful comments and support. It is so helpful to have this.

Kim, that's hilarious! You're probably right and I just never thought about it.

Celeste
The most exciting, challenging, significant relationship you have is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone who loves the you that YOU love, that's fabulous SW 286 CW 255 GW 165

rachael2011 responded:
Hello Celeste. Your post just brought a smile to my face. Good health numbers, 31 lbs down (w/ the doc noticing) and finally Spring. And of course your grandson! Life sounds good. Nice that you shared.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 305.4 Short term goal-299 Goal weight- unsure

rachael2011 replied to abnersmom's response:
Debbie- That's awesome that he didn't recognize you. Ha! I dream of that day, literally, when my weight gets to the point when I look like a different person. There are a few people that I would like to surprise like that, mostly a few that pretty much said or implied I couldn't do it. Just to stay away from them for a couple years and just say "See, look!, I did it!" I will keep trying and that day will come.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 305.4 Short term goal-299 Goal weight- unsure

totallywiggedout replied to abnersmom's response:
Debbie, that would be really funny to have an ex not know you. The ultimate revenge.
About crossing you legs... You know, I've NEVER been able to cross my legs, even when I was really quite thin my senior year. I always attributed it to my having very short legs, lol. I have longer calf portions than thigh bones, so I wondered if that was maybe why....
Anyhow, a month ago I was sitting in the "comfortable" reading chairs at the library, they are European styled and sit fairly low to the floor. I was reading magazines and suddenly realized that I'd crossed my legs at some point.
That was weird! I hurriedly uncrossed them though, because it's not good for circulation. Proper ettiquette is to just cross at the ankles anyhow, eyeroll .... but if I EVER get to big to cross my legs at the ankles, I'll KNOW I'm in trouble, lol
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 180.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

abnersmom replied to rachael2011's response:
You will do it, Rachael and yes, it is a great feeling and honestly can be a great motivator. I'm sure there are people in my life that are betting I don't keep the weight off this time as I've done in the past. That motivates me as well.

When it happened I was sitting on a bleacher fairly close to my son and ex (next to my daughter-in-law, as well). I thought I heard my ex ask my son where I was, but thought surely not, must have misheard. I just HAD to ask my son later though and sure enough that is what he said. I'll never forget that one. We were married for 36 years, so that should tell you how much attention he paid to me.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

blondie454u responded:
That's fantastic!!!!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Stephanie and I am from Tennessee. I am a mother of 3. I stay at home with the kids. I have not tried very hard losing weight since I have ...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Link to the WebMD Food and Fitness Planner
To let people know how to find it, go to WebMD home page it's listed on there, but here's the easy link for you ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.