Skip to content
Knees
mog1026 posted:
Hi Barb! I want you to know that it may take me a bit but I think about what you say. You suggested I get a second opinion and after hemming and hawing during a bad knee week, I made an appointment last Friday to go into NYC to HSS and get evaluated. Of course that means my knees were much better all weekend! But I know I need to go and I was amazed to get an appointment for later in the week. I'm going to start from scratch and get new x-rays taken and see what this doctor has to say. I just saw that you did get a guided injection a few days ago and that was something I asked about earlier. I'm hoping I'll get a full explanation of what's going on now because I'm the sort who wants the info. In another piece of positive news, I really knuckled down on my eating and took off 3.2 Lbs last week. It has been such slow going lately that I had to get really serious. I had been feeling like I was stuck in cement, so it's a relief to be doing some things to help myself now.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 208.4. GW 165

blondie454u responded:
That's great Kathy. Sometimes you have to do what's best for you!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

jis4judy responded:
Hi Kathy That's a good Idea I am a second opinion person too
Just don;t go to a doctor in the same practice or building because they can influence each other...
Good job on getting serious about the healthy eating and getting to make 3.2 pounds go away.. Keep trying to improve every day after a while it will come easier
try a new vegie every week .
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mog1026 replied to jis4judy's response:
You are so right Judy. All the orthopedists here are in one huge practice so that's partially why I'm going to a new place. And another bit of info, I'm a sandwich for lunch person, nothing else makes me as content. My bread of choice has been rye, but I begrudge those 160 calories at the end of the day. My daughter found me a perfectly acceptable Pepperidge Farm Lite 7 Grain bread for 45 Calories a slice! Yippee! 70 extra calories to play with! I just thought I would pass that along.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 208.4. GW 165

totallywiggedout replied to mog1026's response:
Kathy, I like to sammich turkey or beef (carl buddig, very thin slices) into the raisin Bagel Thins. They are soft and chewy and for some reason, the raisins really "do it " for me. lol
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 180.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jean4u responded:
Kathy, good to get going on that 2nd opinion. Basically all the docs say the same about my knees. But not in pain, yet. Had a big ole knot and sharp pain in left knee from injection, but that really subsided (the pain) after I bent it a few times and got moving.

WTG on the 3.2 DOWN!

BTW, you asked about a BLOG I mentioned and I sent the info. on another post. Really, all the stuff you can read to give you inspiration and info. will help to learn more about the "reality" of this journey.

Yaaay YOU!

Barb

rachael2011 responded:
Hi Kathy. Great job on the 3.2lbs. Am glad you are seeing another doc to get a 2nd opinion too. Let us know how it goes!
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 305.4 Short term goal-299 Goal weight- unsure

j9celeste responded:
Hi Kathy!

I am so thrilled about your 3.2 lb loss last week...contratulations! I completely understand what you're going through, as you know. I appreciate you letting us know what's going on and please let me know what you find out!

Celeste
The most exciting, challenging, significant relationship you have is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone who loves the you that YOU love, that's fabulous SW 286 CW 255 GW 165

Spotlight: Member Stories

I turned 45 this year and told my doctor enough is enough, I need to do something about my weight (291 lbs.) before I have a heart attack and become d...More

Helpful Tips

Getting the most out of oatmeal
As an oatmeal fan, I was surprised to find that instant oatmeal didn't stick with me the way rolled oats did. When I switched back to ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.