Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Back to the Gym
norma_j posted:
Started back to the Y this morning. This weight has got to go! I don't care how much enthusiasm you have to work out at home. There is always an excuse to not do it. At least when I get up and go to the gym the people there hold me accountable for being there. I have friends that talk junk if I don't show up. They are what I need to get back on track the way I should be.

Hope everyone is having a great day. The end of April is already upon us and I am going to have another birthday over 200 lbs. Not happy about that. It's my own fault, no one to blame but myself. I'll get there. Did it once. I can do it again.
Norma SW 222/ CW 206/ GW 150

If at First, You don't Succeed, Try, Try Again!!!!

Failure is not an option when Success requires just a little more effort!
FirstPrevious12NextLast

rachael2011 responded:
Hi Norma. I am the same way about having to go somewhere to work out. I love the energy, the people, the music and of course the accountability. I actually LIKE going there which is half of the battle. When I am being lazy, I look at the person next to me who is working their but off and that makes me speed up too!
You WILL get there! Hope you have a great day too.
Rachael
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 305.4 Short term goal-299 Goal weight- unsure

jean4u responded:
Norma, just do what works for you and don't be afraid to change it up as needed! Good for you!!!

Barb

blondie454u responded:
Good job Norma!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

abnersmom responded:
Good for you Norma! When's your birthday, btw?
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

jis4judy responded:
Yep Norma You found what you need and that's the GYM
so just keep plugging away and one of these days it will seem very natural to you ..to eat nutritional and exercise on a regular basis
good job in finding what will work for you.
when ever your Birthday is Happy Birthday ! in case I am not on when it comes
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout responded:
NormaJ,
I've not been a gymrat in such a long while.....so long in fact that here is a true story to show you EXACTLY how long, lol
Yesterday, I finally threw away my Zubaz. For those of you who have no idea what these are, they are baggy post workout pants, mainly used by weightlifters because they are elastic wasted, wide in the thighs and very narrow at ankles... and ALWAYS ALWAYS in some sort of zebra print , snakeskin print or equally visually abrasive print ULTRA vibrant colored heavy t-shirt knit.
Very comfortable and just the right thing to wear for those days when you feel like retaliating against your need to workout and are doing it anyhow. They SCREAM," I don't wanna, but I'm here anyways." lol
Mine were 26 years old..... 26.. they were ANTIQUES.
Do you have any idea how t-shirt knit looks after 26 years of washings and wearings???? It was so thin in spots that you could hold it up to the light and see through it. BUT of course, you didn't have to hold it up because they had BIG holes worn in the upper back thighs, just under the crease of my panties... and I was STILL wearing them, yesterday ,for my walk.
I purchased those pants when I started working out and dating my husband, now my ex. That gym that we worked out in? was the last one I've stepped foot in, lol.......
26 years.
I'm joining the gym here as soon as my SS/Dis starts. I will have enough of an income to pay for it out of my own pocket. Which is only right. It's gonna be strictly for me.
It has a pool.
Now , all I gotta do is find a swimsuit that can withstand 20 years of service!
Keep doing what is best for you NormaJ. We are all rooting for you. So what if it's another birthday over 200.
206 isn't 222. AND it isn't THAT far from 200. 3 weeks. Less than a month, NormaJ. 2lbs a week.
Wishing you well on your upcoming Birthday. Have cake then have some fun.
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 180.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

kalimiller replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Does that mean that you got your decision??
-Kali

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
-Henry Ford

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 196

totallywiggedout replied to kalimiller's response:
Hi Kali, Yep, got the decision papers a couple of weeks ago. Got the disbursement statement two days ago.... no money yet, lol.... what can I say? It's the government.
Supposed to start getting my monthly payments on or around May 15 and "on or around" the third Wednesday of every month thereafter. Still can't figure that out. It's always been like the 2nd or 3rd of the month for payments for everyone I've ever heard of.... They could only go back to Dec 2011, which of course then becomes 5 months later, for the "withholding" .... Then of course ... I've been wanting to get married for so long , but my bf makes over 35k a year, so if we do, I have to declare all of my payments as income, and get taxed on them. lol. You can't win for losing. But at least it's something.
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 179.6 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hi Kim My hubbys SS payment comes around the first and Mine come around the third week in the month I think it has something to do with our birthdays . he was born on the 4th mine was the 19 day in the month..
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy, that's probably it then. Because my bday is the 16th. I just always went by the influx of shoppers at the grocery stores, like , right around check time. Now that I know it's the first friday and the third one, perhaps I'll start doing my major grocery-ing on the following Mondays. LOL
huggs
k

totallywiggedout responded:
Norma, how's your workouts coming along? Any sore muscles?
huggs
k

kalimiller replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Oh good! I have been thinking about that a lot, and I'm really glad that you got approved
-Kali

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
-Henry Ford

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 196

abnersmom replied to totallywiggedout's response:
That's great, Kim!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

blondie454u replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Glad you're getting some financial relief!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Spotlight: Member Stories

One day I awoke from an emotional coma and found I was 100 pounds overweight. Years of rejection and coping left me lonely and isolated...from myself....More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.