Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
motivation/lots of weight loss
jessicapolnick posted:
hello, i've posted here before, mostly on how i can find motivation, since i live with my bf who thinks i'm fine how I am at 219 pound, YET I KKNOW I"M NOT healthy! although LADIES i'm down from 240 to 219 YESSSSS! i'm so proud of myself. so my motivation, the best thing i want people to know here is that it comes from within! i have no one around besides my mom who i see once a week usually who actually tells me you should go to the gym or workout. so I FOUND the best place for me to keep my mind busy working al day. PINTREST & type motivation/weight loss/ workouts/ fitspo, there are just so many options. i love the motivation & tips & tricks i read! i know this will sound funy but here it goes. as I'm on my journey of weightloss the gym is KEY to my routine, 3-6 days a week it depends on my sons baseball sched. if i miss a gym workout, i work out at home on my yoga mat, with a 10LB medicine ball! (witch i have to add is an AMAZING tool, i love it really it heps stretch my body & i carry that sucker around ALL DAY! rest on weekends from the ball so you dont get tired of it!) but if you miss a workout you ahve to fit it in somewhere else. i've come to realize the more sweat you break the better, so i always start my 1 hour gym workout with muscle burning stair machine, atleast 15 mins, then i do my weight training. seriously i never knew weight training could be so fun, feel so good & really improve my mood, almost always i get on teh floor and make up my own routine. the most benificial part of a workout for me is to keep muscles in movement & squeeze always! atleast make in an hour to make it count. it's deffff in NO WAY all workout, the food i've had to change is hard, its hard not to run through the drive through!! but it's the best choice to say no. water has been a chore since it has no flavor. SOOOOO i add, lemons, limes, applesssss!! *(they actually stay fresh in water for over a week) so keep refilling your jug & re use ur apples) to me water has been a big thing I have a huge glass when i wake up & continue to keep my muscles moving at work & when i cant I atleast rea about aiding weight loss. since my goal is 170 i sitll have a long way to go! but i AM so excited i'm starting to lose the weight, feel better, sleep better, & deff feel stronger!!! keep it up. motivation comes from within & if you dont have it, remind urself to find it every day!!!!! thanks ladies!

blondie454u responded:
You go girl! You're doing it right. When you don't have time you're still doing it no matter what. You're changing your life so my hat is off to you! Keep going. You will feel and look more amazing. You will be your own shining star!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

totallywiggedout responded:
Hi jess, glad you popped back in.
170 isn't as far from 219 as it was from 240, right? You've made some serious headway toward your goal.
Congratulations, and RAH RAH!
Yes, sweating does seem to be key, doesn't it? I used to hate to sweat, but I think it depends on WHEN I do. Like I hate to sweat while walking/shopping in the mall(which is ALWAYS too hot) but like to do it when I'm walking or playing Wii. Makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something.
You may not know it but you are being inspirational right now with your post. Makes me want to get up and do something else this afternoon.
Thank you for that.
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 180.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jessicapolnick replied to totallywiggedout's response:
thanks girls, it's tough to stay on track & reallllllly do it. my cup of water is important in the morning to keep me on water all day. every time i go to the bathroom i have to do 15 wall push ups & 2 30 second wall sits, i have 10 extra pounds strapped to my feet alot of the week plus cary the medball every where, i had no idea i wouldlike the med ball so much. i've been weight training everyday this week & my arms are just a tiny bit sore, but not unbearable or hurt! cardi ois just not my thing =/ another qeustion was has anyone had good results with any diet pill. i just want to be where i need to be asap i feel like it brings me happiness, so when i hit my goal wheight i'll stay happpy maybe =>> lol but yes motivation comes within so ican't skip that gym or i have to do far more ehaustinh work out at home including the stair i live up get ran. so find something punishable for when u skip the gym! it deff helps make me go! although i hate looking at all the girls who are tiny, maybe thats jelousy! but i'm making headway so i'm SOOOOOO HAPPPY FOR THAT~~~~

jis4judy replied to jessicapolnick's response:
Hi Jessica
something in your post concerns me weight training every day is a NONO you need a day between the workouts that you do something else. Your body needs a little rest from weight lifting that is when it makes the muscles...
I do like your enthusiasm and you are making progress
I know from experience that daily weight lifting hurts your body Long before I found out that rest is needed between workouts I had an muscle sort of pop out of my upper arm a few inches below my shoulder it looked like a bubble and it was so painful I cannot explain it but it was very painful..

that's why I am telling you to have a rest day between weightlifting workouts
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jessicapolnick replied to jis4judy's response:
THANKS FOR THE REPLY, I'VE BEEN WONDERING THE SAME ABOUT WEIHT TRAINING EVERYDAY, ALTHOUGH HERES WHAT I'M DOING, I WORK WIHT A 10 POUND BALL ALOT OF THE DAY DOING ARM LIFTS TWISTS & THROW & SLAMS, DO YOU THINK THATS TOO MUCH? I'M ONLY SORE BECAUSE I'VE BEEN 10 POUND LIFTING 2-4 HOURS PER DAY PLUS I WENT TO THE GYM AND DID SOME HEAVIER LIFTING. I HAVE READ YOU HAVE TO REST BETWEEN WEIGHT TRAINING, BUT I'M TRYING HARD TO BUILD MUSCLE, SO I THOUGHT 10 POUNDS WOULDN'T HARM ME SINCE I'M ABLOE TO LIFT WAY MORE THAN THAT. ALSO FORGOT TO MENTION HOW I BOUGHT A JUMP ROPE AND TO THAT 3 MINS A DAY & IT'S ACTUALLY FUN TO DO! THANKS FOR RESPONSES!!!

abnersmom responded:
I'm so glad that you have found your motivation. Keep up the good work. And wow! you are definitely making some fabulous changes in your lifestyle. Congrats!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a classic "Yo-yo" guy who seems to go in 3-4 year cycles of about a 150 pound range. I've been doing this most of my 47 years so...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.