Skip to content
MAY GOALS
tnmist posted:
I decided I need to step up my game a bit. It's one thing not to take on too many changes at once, and it's another to lolligag around so much that I see little progress. So, here goes:

1. Continue working on getting to bed earlier in order to function in a.m.
2. Walk the dog in a.m. at least 3 times per week for 30 mins each.
3. Keep pushing the water.
4. Yard work or housework for an hour at least 3 times per week.
5. Basic meal planning ahead of time in order to cook at home (BIGGIE).

Here's to requiring more from myself in May. I know there are LOTs of things I need to be doing. This is what I'm focusing on for now.

Next?
Misty
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

totallywiggedout responded:
Ok, Misty... I'll step up to the plate.
I have been ok at losing in April, not the best, I think I can do better. For sure I have lost it alot on the weekends by accepting too many invites out....
1. I'm buying those toddler plates, and sticking to THOSE sectioned sizes for meals.
2. I'm going to work in more veggies by eating carrots, celery and cukes for Both of my snack times
3 I'm going to try to cut even more salt and sugars from my intake.
4.I'm going to add another 30 min of some sort of exercise per day.
5. May's true mini goal, lose another 5 lbs.

huggs
k

NEXT!
Kim SW 252 CW 179.6 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

blondie454u replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Good luck with your May goals!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

abnersmom responded:
Good goals, Misty and Kim, and good luck with them.

Mine:
1. Increase whole plant foods and reduce animal products by at least one animal free day a week.
2. Run 3 times a week in preparation for my first 5K.
3. Brisk walk on the days I'm not running with one intentional day off per week.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

ausgram replied to abnersmom's response:
Kim and Misty, good plans. Debbie, walk 5K? Gulp. I'm lucky I can walk to the bedroom to the kitchen. LOL.
But I will go next:

1. Get up at 7am every morning.
2. walk at least 15 mins a day, cept Sundays
3. drink, drink, drink more water.
4. lose at least 1 lb. Don't want to set the goal too high. ha ha ha!!

tnmist replied to ausgram's response:
Love it, Aus, that #4 goal. LOL. I'm afraid to post ANY actual scale goal! I'll stick with what I have for now and see what happens.
Misty
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

rachael2011 replied to tnmist's response:
Misty, Kim, Debbie and Aus, Good luck on your goals!
Here are mine:

1. Pre-plan my meals including weights/ measurements of carbs, dairy and meats.
2. Exercise (walk or exercise bike or a combo of the two) 5 days a week for 25-35 min.
3. Really slow down my eating and practice eating mindfully.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 304.0 Short term goal-299 Goal weight- unsure

totallywiggedout replied to totallywiggedout's response:
My new TODDLER plates... one goal down! Woot!
Aren't they CUTE??

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

totallywiggedout replied to totallywiggedout's response:
So you can figure the portion sizes here... this is a small Haas avocado. It's almost exactly the size of the palm of my hand.

totallywiggedout replied to ausgram's response:
Aus, great goals. Debbie, you are going to right on the heels of Mommaxeli, lol. Good luck, and let us know for sure when you are truly gonna do the 5k. OMG wish I could be there.
Misty, I almost never reach my scale goal. It does tend to make me feel down or even pressured at the end of the month sometimes. I'm so over THAT though! I wanted to set this scale goal this time just to see HOW CLOSE i can get, lol
Rachael, I can tell by your goals that your mindset is really getting into this journey. I wish only the best for you and everyone else this month.
GO GET EM !!!!! GRRRRRRRRR
And thanks everyone for the vote of confidence. It sure helps to have someone rooting on the sidelines.
huggs
k

abnersmom replied to totallywiggedout's response:
I'm loving everyone's goals this month. We are an ambitious, focused bunch.

Kim, those toddler plates are a great idea to help with portion control. About the 5K, I almost didn't put that because I still lack confidence that I can do it. I'm thinking that I'm going to do a local one on May 18th, but haven't signed up yet.

Misty and Rachael, the meal planning thing will really help you. That's a great goal.

Ausgram, you are doing great. As everyone here can tell you, I have struggled with the exercise part of this from the very beginning of my journey. I'm hoping that I have conquered it.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

totallywiggedout replied to abnersmom's response:
Debbie, I'm curious.
Did you start out with the couch to 5k thing too? I wasn't aware anyone else was doing it other than Mom. But omg if you are already ready for the one on May 18, I'll have to kick your butt if you don't sign!
Confidence , Schmonfidence... You've lost over a HUNDRED POUNDS!!! You've worked yourself into a lather walking and running and building up for what??? THIS! This is what you've been running for, and towards, Debbie. This is YOUR next step in your journey. And , You KNOW it.
as NIKE says...."Just Do It"
huggs
k

justmejust replied to ausgram's response:
Good goals AusGram! Nice to meet you!

Laura
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

justmejust replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Looks good Kim! Large half for veggies, right?! Love avocados! Yum!
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

abnersmom replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hi Kim, Long story short, I did start the Couch to 5K thing last year and then my back started hurting so I quit. I got really serious about the exercise in January of this year and started walking faster and longer distances. Then I decided to jog a bit - walk a bit and see how it went. So far, it's going well and I have been able to run 3 consecutives miles for a couple of weeks now. Thanks for the encouragement. I need it as I am still not used to this new body. I was fat for so many years that it's going to take a while for it to sink in that I'm not anymore.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi everyone, my name is Nidia, I am 31 years old, and I have been overweight my entire life, I have tried a lot of diets and exercise programs but I a...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.