Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
jogged a half mile and walked a half mile
justmejust posted:
Hi everyone! How is everyone doing?

I just now jogged half a mile and walked half a mile today with my Dr. permission! So excited! Will see how I feel later. If I feel fine, might be doing this more often. My new physical therapy exercises are getting the pain out!

Laura
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

totallywiggedout responded:
Well, it's about time , Laura! Really great that you are able to jog even. Perhaps you too will get into that couch to 5k program. That'd be really cool.
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 179.6 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

justmejust replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Thanks Kim! I have been on this journey since 2010, and only now jogging some for the first time! When I began, I walked once just to the next door neighbors mailbox. That was the start!

Laura
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

abnersmom responded:
Awesome, Laura!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

rachael2011 responded:
Laura- Way to go! Glad you are feeling good.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 304.0 Short term goal-299 Goal weight- unsure

blondie454u responded:
Wooohoooooo! You go with your badself!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

justmejust replied to blondie454u's response:
Thanks for the support Debbie, Rachael, and Amber! Been taking it easy since that fun run. That day I didn't feel discomfort, so when I feel strong like that next, I'll be wanting to try again! Could be the rain that has been my excuse to miss walks every other day or so lately. I did walk 1.75 miles today. I love rain and cool weather though!
Laura

totallywiggedout replied to justmejust's response:
Laura,
You really are getting into this now aren't you. So proud of you!
keep up the good work, ladycakes
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 179.2 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

justmejust replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Thanks Kim! Well you have lost a lot, and still going strong. Kudos! Don't know if I will get a permanent handle on my food quantity. I am hoping as I move more I will lose interest in food. Always was physically active before the weight.
Laura

jis4judy replied to justmejust's response:
Hi Laura don;t worry about the permanent thing just take it one day at a time and don;t let slips become habits that's a permanent thing when we let slips become habits again Just never give up ...
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jean4u responded:
WTG!!! Yaay Laura!

Barb

justmejust replied to jis4judy's response:
Thanks Judy, That is great advice and it means much to me as I admire your success and food management. Sometimes I fear admonishment from others as I give it to myself, feel like I am not doing the job of weight loss and food management I must do to be my healthiest. My hubby and kids care about me getting to healthy weight, too.

On a good note, I am only on one medication nowadays, my thyroid replacement hormone. I do not need mild anxiety or relaxation medications now that I have a healthier lifestyle and have gone through menopause. My mile to moderate post menopause hot flashes are nearly gone. My knee and finger joints are less painful now. I avoided high blood pressure. My cholesterol was elevated last year but I am dealing with it through nutrition and exercise. The low dose statin I took for it caused too strong of pain in my calf muscles. Plus studies are showing statin side effects like muscle pain and liver damage are more harmful for women.

Have a good day!
Laura : )
Laura

blondie454u replied to justmejust's response:
Just keep going no matter what Laura. You're doing very well!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Spotlight: Member Stories

To be very honest, I have never really had an issue with my weight until very recently.Other people seem to have an issue with my size and wanted to m...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 26 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.