Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Have you ever WANTED to.....
totallywiggedout posted:
I was browsing swim suits today. Just looking, of course. I'm not so happy with the one pieces I see lately. Nothing tripped my trigger and the bikini styles are mostly strings and triangles....SMALL triangles.
Then I found something that caught my eye. Thought, noooo, a size too small, but very cute. The right cut and style..... SOOOOO CUTE...... then I realized I actually WANTED to try it on. Wanted to see myself in it.
Got into the dressing room and said to myself, "Be objective". It's just "us" in here, lol
And you know what? I didn't hate it. I looked at it objectively and it really wasn't all that bad.
I'm not ashamed of my body. I'm still a work in progress, but I'm getting there..... I WILL get there.
73.8 lbs down....

Be proud of who and what you are, and what you are trying to or have already accomplished.
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 179.2 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jis4judy responded:
wow you look good Kim sure a few more pounds but right now not bad at all ... I still think I look awful in bathing suits
I don't have your bounty in the breast dept mine are tiny
larger breasts makes the rest look smaller maybe
funny thing KIm you look healthy and I see no evidence of your accident in the photo ...You have lost the weight all over it seems soon you will be ready for the painted body stroll LOL
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
You know, Judy. It was the best thing I've done for myself in a long LONG time. I've never liked bikinis. I hate my shortwaistedness and have always had chunky short legs... but this time, I wanted to see myself in THIS one so bad. It was amazingly enlightening and SUCH a power trip!
Honestly.
I can HONESTLY say, it felt empowering and motivating.
huggs
k

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

justmejust replied to totallywiggedout's response:
You look cute Kim, and the suit is a good style and color for you. Looks like it fits. You also look well proportioned to me. I love the haircut! Maybe go to another store in the chain for the size you want...

Laura
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

tnmist responded:
Oh, Kim, you look great! Love your cute hair cut, too. Your mug shot doesn't do you justice. You certainly don't look your age, and I can say that because we are the same age, LOL.

Thanks for sharing the pic. It gives me hope!
Misty
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

mog1026 responded:
You look GREAT! Love the hair! Love the suit! Just get a size larger in the shorts. So glad to see this photo of you and keep it in my mind's eye
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 207.4. GW 165

rachael2011 responded:
Nice pic, Kim. I love the cut of that suit. I agree that the cut and color look really good on you.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 299.8 Short term goal-299 Goal weight- unsure

totallywiggedout replied to justmejust's response:
LOL, you guys. Thanks though, I know I need "work" yet
Laura, your body structure isn't that far from mine, Your turn, lady! Just find one that is the right cut, try it on and BE OBJECTIVE. I think you may be surprised too.
Misty, thank you. I need my hair short because I'm a wash and wear kinda person. I don't like standing in front of a mirror with my hands over my head for hours at a time, nor do I go for makeup on a normal day. Even if I go out, I only use a light cover of base and some eyepencil. I did like the color of the suit, the back of the top is so very nice. It's double strapped at both shoulders then it's permanantly crisscrossed in back. The bottom of the top then ties into a bow, completely seperate from the straps. The bottoms were actually like reg bikini bottoms, but had this striped foldover sort of thing, Not a skirt because it's not flouncy, or wasn't while stretched across MY butt, lol.... I liked it because it was a higher bottom than most of the suits out there now. More retro styled.
Kathy, at 48 I'm only just now beginning to feel comfortable in my own skin. I don't care how far back in memory I go, never EVER wanted to try on swimsuits and certainly cringed when my gf in junior high talked me into a bikini... my first and my last , mind you.
I wish the 'kini came in a larger size. It was at our Burlington Coat Factory outlet store. What's there is there and there isn't gonna be any more.... If it's still there this weekend, I may just buy it to take periodic status pictures in, lol. It certainly was comfortable and gave enough support up top, since it also had built in cups...
NOTE HERE JUDY... if small up top, find a suit with padded cups, lol, you can SEE the difference it makes
Thanks Rachael. It's a sweet suit. I have always liked "surplus" cut dresses or deep v necked blouses, and feel that they do the most for my top shape. That's why this one was a must to try on.
To all of you. Find a suit that is your style and try it on. Even 5 lbs makes a difference in how you look at yourself.
huggs
k

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Kim Maybe you should buy that suit because it could be your motivator to take of the last 20 or so pounds what do you think HUH?
and yes I noticed your cute hair cut too
all your walking and healthy eating is doing a great job
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jean4u responded:
Kim, I like it! I think it would make you want to do those abs more, too. I also think the color is great. I noticed that my abs need more work. Hey, got to set goals and raise the bar.

BTW, I am 67 and don't like the way one piece bathing suits feel. I get the tank-kinis. so just a bit of tummy shows.

I think the fit is good. Get some sun(with sunscreen you still get color) on that "white" tummy and it will look smaller. I use self tanner to make my arms and legs smaller and it works.

Love it Kim's geting all Summer-fied!!!

Really get us motivated to stay and work on our journeys, doesn't it, to wear cute stuff!!!

Barb

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy, I'm seriously thinking about buying it if it's still there Friday. Just because....
and actually, it's gonna still be about 40 lbs to lose. I wish it were 20 , but I really want to see if I can reach my actual goal. My dr still says to shoot for 150-155, but I don't think he ever seriously thought I could lose as much as I have, let alone 120 lbs.
Naysayers, beware.
Barb, yeh, I don't like my tummy(especially fishbelly white) , nor do I much appreciate the way my butt seems to be melting into the backs of my thighs, but I will begin working on contour (body sculpting) 20 lbs out from goal. Since it builds muscle, I don't want to get confused about gaining while I'm struggling to lose.
I walk 6 days a week and do my other stuff like Wii, and the 12 min Core exercise a few times a week too, but I won't overwhelm myself with too much, even now, this far into my journey I know I could.
huggs
k

abnersmom responded:
You look great, Kim! Wish I could do a two piece. Good for you to take your pic and you SHOULD feel proud and empowered. Look what you have accomplished since last year.

I'm a tankini girl. I have a couple of black swim skirts that I pair up with different colored tops. Makes it look like I have lots of different suits. I can't believe it's May7th and I haven't had a suit on yet this year. The cooler weather has been great for other exercise though.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

totallywiggedout replied to abnersmom's response:
Debbie, I was looking at monokinis last night. Lots of different styles out there with the plus of hiding some belly...although most have itty bitty bottoms and that's a "no go".
I can't imagine that you couldn't "do" a bikini though Debbie. I'm betting that you could AND rock that sucker. You are a running fool, that sort of exercise has GOT to be making an impact on your physique.
Just try one. Find a good one with decent support and try it on. It's just you in there, you don't have to take a pic (or 6 like I did, lol)
I think you'd be amazed.
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 178.2 GW 135

jean4u replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Anybody see the photo of the actress Helen Mirren in a bikini? She's about 66 yrs. and looked pretty good, too.

Barb

blondie454u replied to totallywiggedout's response:
You're looking good Kim! Be very proud of yourself. I am not that confident to even try one on! So you go girl!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Spotlight: Member Stories

HI my name is Angela mother of 6 (Yes you read correctly 6 ) . You can say that I have been over weight since I was in Middle school .Thats when I tri...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.