Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Response to Kim
rohvannyn posted:
You asked if I was here, and I am, but I think my reply got buried. So here it is:

I'm here, now what's the Whole 30? If it's something related to Iron Man, I wouldn't have any idea because I haven't seen a movie in quite a long time. Once in a blue moon I'll get one from the library, but not lately because the DVDs are usually covered with scratches and goo.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

totallywiggedout responded:
Roh,
I was looking up some Paleo recipes and found this, thought maybe you had gone through the program and could give me 'testemant' on the values or repurcussions that you had.
Some people get massive headaches. So I just wondered.
http://whole9life.com/2012/08/the-whole30-program/ #

I'm doing some of it. I am not missing much along the lines of food that I normally didn't eat anyhow, and so far, no cravings.

thanks for reply
k
Kim SW 252 CW 178.2 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

rohvannyn replied to totallywiggedout's response:
I'll have to check that out. Budgetary and physical issues have forced me to incorporate some grain back in, and boy, I'm feeling it... bleh! Have to find a way to get back on track. I know! Eat less. I haven't ever had headaches from going Paleo but I won't know about the diet till I look at it.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

jean4u replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hi Kim and Roh, I found an interesting site "Paleo Diet Lifestyle.com" with Paleo recipes. Seemed to have alot of recipes and facts related to food choices.

Barb

totallywiggedout replied to jean4u's response:
LOL, Barb, thanks , I'll check it out. But honestly, I don't consider how I'm eating as "paleo" per se, mainly because it's the same stuff that I HAVE been eating, just in different combinations to eliminate even more grains.
I truly don't miss much of anything . The best part about my oatmeal was the nuts , raisins or fresh fruit I chopped into it, and I still GET those, so ....... like I said, it's the same, just different, lol

Unfortunately, I DID try a new recipe for lunch.... I still cannot believe how badly I scorched it !
Reguardless of how ..... overbrowned it was, I still ate it. Next time I'm making sure to add some water to the pan to steam it better.

Skillet Eggs and Greens
1 slice of bacon
2-3 handfuls of fresh baby spinach
1 large egg
salt and pepper to taste

In small skillet over low heat, begin to fry bacon to desired doneness. Remove bacon and chop, set aside

In same pan with leftover grease, put in spinach, then crack and drop the egg on top.

ADD about 1/4 cup WATER!!!

Cover and let steam until the egg is desired doneness.
Check between 4-5 min.

Remove from pan and top with bacon.
Season to taste

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 178 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

jean4u replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Kim, sometimes when I'm "skillet-ing" my red, green, orange, yellow peppers and mushrooms they get a bit over-browned, too. I like to cook in batches so I have these ready to add to omelettes or whatever. I made a batch of the egg whites so I can grab 2-3 and reheat with a cup of broccoli or spinach, even brussel sprouts.

I use the spray Canola when "skillet-ing".

That Paleo site did have some good recipes, though and good photos and nice detail in how to prepare.

Keep up the good work!

Barb

totallywiggedout replied to jean4u's response:
Thanks Barb, yes, I saw the recipes on there too. You are right , they look good enough to .... eat!
Great idea to cook veggies in batches for later. I haven't gone so far as precooking them, but I have done the preslicing and freezing in batches.
I was just using the bacon grease, and thought that would be enough, but with the time needed for the egg to set, I overdid it. Live and learn.
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.2 GW 135

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello everyone, I'm a 46 year old mother of a son, two dogs, and two fish...LOL. I'm married and really need to loose this weight for myself. ...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.